> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

13 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Cosmin's Video Chat Lesson Notes
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 25 2013, 10:08 AM
Instructor
Hehe! Don't forget about the homework wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47617

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 27 2013, 07:39 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, January 27th, 2013

Ahoy mateys! First things first - this week's session is moving on Wednesday, 8 PM London time and we will continue our little analysis regarding modulation found in famous songs, so check out the thread below for a collection of nice songs which have a lot of chances to be featured in the v-chat session

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47606

...and don't forget about the homework - add your suggestions, so that more nice songs will come up on Wednesday biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47617

On today's list:

Soundgarden, Michael Jackson, Dusty Springfield, Peggy Lee, United artists for Africa and maybe something more wink.gif

Did you know that there are certain directions which are often encountered when dealing with modulation?

Usually, we end up modulating to a dominant (the 5th scale degree), the subdominant (4th scale degree), relative major or relative minor, but as I said, each artist/ songwriter ends up with very interesting combinations which are the result of having to 'dress up a vocal line' I suppose. It depends on each person's way of writing music smile.gif

I chose these songs as they belong to very different styles of music and the modulations are diverse as well smile.gif Hope this will be fun biggrin.gif

See you tonight at 8 PM London time!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jan 30 2013, 11:47 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 7 2013, 01:55 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, February 7, 2013

Ahoy mateys!

Because the Pirate collab is up, I decided to give my take a go and come up with a piratey way to use the various modes that can be applied over the chord changes smile.gif

We'll discuss on this tonight, but until then, take a look at the tabs below!

See you at 8 PM London time!

Cosmin

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Pirate_collab_theme.pdf ( 144.97K ) Number of downloads: 170

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 10 2013, 10:03 AM
Instructor
This is an invitation for next Thursday and some nice homework activity biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47842

I'd be happy to see you guys there wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 14 2013, 06:32 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, February 14th, 2013

Yo ho, once again!

As we discussed, I took the track and dug some more into the land of modes and pirate music wink.gif

Check out the attached tab and for a change - I have inserted the harmonic minor mode into play, but in the same time, I have modified the backing track a bit:

The first progression will not stay aeolian, but it will also have some harmonic minor influences smile.gif How, what and when - in about 2 hours and a half in the chat room! 8PM London time as usual. And in the mean time, check out the tab and modified backing track!

See you in the chat room amigos!

Cosmin

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Pirate_Collab_V2_BT.mp3 ( 426.25K ) Number of downloads: 118
Attached File  Pirate_collab_theme_V2.pdf ( 131.28K ) Number of downloads: 157

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 21 2013, 07:05 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, February 21st, 2013

Just came up with an interesting track that deals with some nice layering and a nice time signature smile.gif I'd like to discuss it with you guys - song writing aficionados - you are in for a treat!

Check out the PDF/ GP tilll 8 PM London time when we'll see each other in the chat room!

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Feb 21 2013, 10:38 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Orchestration_58.pdf ( 332.11K ) Number of downloads: 133
Attached File  Orchestration_58.gp5 ( 7.68K ) Number of downloads: 109
Attached File  58_Orchestration_Drop_C_BT.mp3 ( 1.13MB ) Number of downloads: 110
Attached File  58_Orchestration_Drop_D_BT.wav ( 13.49MB ) Number of downloads: 138

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 28 2013, 07:22 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, February 28th 2013

Ahoy boys and girls!

I have prepared yet another track for you - orchestration and song wiriting focusing on drop tuning ideas for beginners - understand what's what with those interesting chord shapes, tonight at 8 PM London time biggrin.gif

Here are the GP. PDF and backing tracks, so check em out - both Drop D and Drop C!

See you in 1h30 minutes!

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Feb 28 2013, 07:22 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Drop_Tuning_Songwriting_Materials.rar ( 3.41MB ) Number of downloads: 118

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 5 2013, 10:16 AM
Instructor
Captain's Log, March 5th 2013

Hola amigos! As I was writing in the forum last week - this Thursday, I am inviting you at an interactive session in which we can have fun by imitating one another with our guitars! Check out more details here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48071

See you on Thursday at 8 PM London time!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 11 2013, 02:59 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, March 11th, 2013

Mates - I will let the video do that talking!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Mar 11 2013, 03:00 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 15 2013, 06:36 PM
Instructor
Homework - Video Chat Session - March 14th

Ear training task - Internalizing a scale

Hey guy and gals, as promised - Check out your assignment for next time and post your takes in this thread biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Mar 15 2013, 06:36 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 20 2013, 10:08 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, March 20th, 2013

Mates - simple fun and joy awaits us tomorrow evening! Because the Southern Metal Collab is taking flight with a pair of dragon wings out of what I notice, we should jam a bit over it right? smile.gif So who's with me at 8 PM London time tomorrow? I'm throwing a party and you are ALL
invited!

Here's the collab thread! -> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0
Cosmin

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Mar 21 2013, 02:59 AM
GMC:er
AW MAN!!! I was actually gonna have time for this one and I forgot about my doctor apt.! Gotta get this wisdom tooth yanked out... its killing me... Literally I think... Man, how'd I even forget that?

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 21 2013, 09:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Mar 21 2013, 01:59 AM) *
AW MAN!!! I was actually gonna have time for this one and I forgot about my doctor apt.! Gotta get this wisdom tooth yanked out... its killing me... Literally I think... Man, how'd I even forget that?

Ah, the teeth, well, next time? biggrin.gif

We will let the track flow and share ideas over it, I've never done a jam session v-chat so it's gonna be an experiment biggrin.gif An interesting one I hope tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 28 2013, 06:51 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, March 28th 2013

Since in the last v-chat you guys wanted to hear some other approach on Metallica songs, I want to share some ideas on transforming a Metallica electric song into an acoustic one that you can play in any occasion! Cool sounding and not boring - at least I like to think so biggrin.gif - we will discuss on a general approach on transforming any song with a full band orchestration into a version that can be played by one person.

Curious? Come join me in the chat room in exactly 2 hours from now! 8 PM London time!

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Mar 28 2013, 06:54 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 3 2013, 10:28 AM
Instructor
Captain's Log, April 3rd, 2013

Ahoy mates!

This evening at 7 PM London time, I will see you in the video chat room for a session on chord progressions. We will discuss examples of major chord progressions based on well known songs - hope I will have nice surprises for everyone! How we will do it?

- analyze the chord progression type
- analyze some of the melodies in the songs which use notes from the scale out of which that progression is based upon as well
- find various positions for the chords in each chord progression and transposing them to other keys using the circle of 5ths

Are you ready?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 10 2013, 08:36 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, April 10th, 2013

Hello ladies and gents!

Continuing the previous session with minor progressions this time! We will follow the same drill:

- analyze the chord progression type by breaking down the chords and see where they came to be there from
- analyze some of the melodies in the songs which use notes from the scale out of which that progression is based upon as well
- find various positions for the chords in each chord progression and transposing them to other keys using the circle of 5ths

I have prepared a lot of nice examples from bands hailing from the 50s till the 00s biggrin.gif

See you tomorrow at 8 PM London time!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 18 2013, 12:57 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, April 18th, 2013

Hey mateys! Tonight as a response to a request from our friends Korblitz, in last Thursday's video chat session, I have prepared a few arpeggio over chords based applications, involving tapping and legato.

I will be in the chat room this evening at 8 PM London time to talk about them and practice them with you guys. Check out the GP file and the PDF version of the exercises, alongside the backing track attached to this thread smile.gif

See you tonight!

Cosmin

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Chords_and_arpeggios.gp5 ( 4.02K ) Number of downloads: 108
Attached File  Chords_and_arpeggios.pdf ( 194.49K ) Number of downloads: 258
Attached File  Chords_and_arpeggios_BT.mp3 ( 2.92MB ) Number of downloads: 114

+Quote Post
korblitz
Apr 18 2013, 05:07 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Looking forward to this video chat.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 25 2013, 03:12 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, April 25th, 2013

Time for some modal licks tonight smile.gif I will follow a melodic and simple to execute approach for some of the modes, each being represented by a lick.

Take a look here to be familiarized with the positions and we will talk about the possibilities once we get together tonight at 8 PM London time!

C Ionian

~
E S S S S E S S S S S S E S S S S S S S S E S S Q
||----7-8p7----------------------|-------------------------------|
||----------8--------------------|-------------------------------|
||------------9-10p9p7----7------|--------------------------7----|
||---------------------10---9----|-----------------7-7-9-10------|
||----------------------------10-|-7-8p7----7-8-10---------------|
||-------------------------------|-------10----------------------|

E S S E S S a S S E E S S E E S S E S S E
|---8s10s8----------------------|---------------------||
|---8s10s8------8-----8---------|---------------------||
|----------10---7h9---7----5----|---5-----------5-----||
|-----------------------10-5h7--|-7-5-----------5-----||
|-------------------------------|-----7s5-3-5s7-------||
|-------------------------------|---------------------||

C Dorian

~        ~    ~
S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S Q a S S E E Q
||----8----11---------------------------------|------------------|
||--------------8----11-----------------------|------------------|
||--8---10----------------8----10-10b11--7----|-7--7s5---5----5--|
||------------8---10-----------------------10-|--------8----8----|
||----------------------8---10----------------|------------------|
||--------------------------------------------|------------------|

~~
S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S E S S S S E E.
|---6---8-------8-----------------|---------------------------||
|-----------6---------------------|---------------------------||
|-5---8-------8-----5---8---------|------5---5---5-5-5-8------||
|---------5-----------------5---8-|-8b9----8---8---------5----||
|-----------------6---8-----------|---------------------------||
|-------------------------6---8---|---------------------------||

D Phrygian

~~~~~~~
|----6----|
H Q S S S S S S E +E S S S S S S +S S a S S S S
|---------------------||--------------------------------------5-|
|---------------------||------------------------------------6---|
|---------------------||----------------------------------7-----|
|---------5p3p0-------||--3b3.5-(3)-------------------6s8-------|
|---------------5p3p0-||------------5-3---5---5-(5)p3-----------|
|---------------------||----------------------------------------|

~~~~~~
|----6----|
S S S S S S S S +Q S S S S S S 3x
|-8-6---5---6-----------------------||
|-----------------------------------||
|---------------5-(5)---------------||
|----------------------5p3p0--------||
|----------------------------5p3p0--||
|-----------------------------------||

F Lydian

~~
S S S S S S S S S S S S
||---------------------------12---|
||--------------------12---10------|
||-------------12---10----9--------|
||------12---10----9---------------|
||----10----8----------------------|
||--8-----------------------------|

a S S S S S S S S S S S S E
|-12s13-10-12----10------------------------------|
|------------13---12-13-10-12----10-12-12b13-----|
|----------------------------12----------------|
|----------------------------------------------|

C Mixolydian

~
S S S S S S S S S E S S S S S S S Q S S S S
||-----------------------------|---------------------x-------|
||--8p5------------------------|------6-8--6-8s10-6--x---x-x-|
||------7b8r=5---5-7-----------|----7----------------x-------|
||-------------8-----8b9---5---|-/8--------------------------|
||-----------------------------|-----------------------------|
||-----------------------------|-----------------------------|

~
S S S S S S S S S S S E S S S S S E E
|--------------------------------|----------------------------------||
|-8p5----------------------------|-------8-10b11====8-11b13========-||
|-----7b8r=5---5-7---------------|-----9---------------x------------||
|------------8-----8b9---5---5---|-/10-----------------x------------||
|--------------------------7-----|----------------------------------||
|--------------------------------|----------------------------------||

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Apr 25 2013, 03:38 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 2 2013, 07:56 PM
Instructor
Captain's Log, May 2nd, 2013

Hey guys and gals - since we have one lick left from last time - the Mixolydian one, I'd like to use talk about this one (it is in the tab above) and then use the chord progression I found, in order to talk about bending and vibrato on improvised licks. I noticed that a lot of you guys have some issues when bending in REC takes, so every now and then, a bending chat is welcome I think smile.gif

See you in 5 minutes in the video chat room!

Cosmin

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:43 AM