A Change Of Name...
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 3 2015, 12:25 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Some of you might have noticed that my forum name has changed and I think I'd better explain a little bit about it.

Later this month I will start on a 2 year 'real life experience' as part of my transition from male to female. A little after this I hope to be referred to a 'gender identity clinic' and to eventually undergo surgery in about 3 years time. I'm what some people call a m2f transgender and I'm diagnosed by the medical profession as having 'gender dysphoria'. (I actually don't like the diagnosis as it infers that I have a mental health issue but the diagnosis is required to be referred to the GIC.) According to the medics I have had GD since very early childhood.

All of my family and close friends know and are generally supportive - my sister's boyfirend is an exception, he wants to help me to visit a hospital. As part of my preparation for referral I'm now changing all of my social media stuff (facebook, forum names all of htat) to my new status and legally changing my name by deed poll and statutory declaration so that I can change my driving license, passport, bank details and so on. There's a whole lot of paperwork that I'm presently wading through!

If anyone has any questions about my transition do ask and I'll try and answer. If anyone is upset, annoyed or disgusted by my transition all I can say is sorry and that this is something that I must do.

Before I forget - my chosen name is pronouned 'Seer Sha'. It's an Irish name from just after the 1916 Easter Uprising in Ireland and it means 'freedom' and 'liberty'.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Saoirse O'Shea   A Change Of Name...   Mar 3 2015, 12:25 AM
- - Chris S.   I'm really happy for you! I hope your stor...   Mar 3 2015, 12:47 AM
- - Mertay   Beautiful name! sounds music-like although eng...   Mar 3 2015, 01:11 AM
- - klasaine   All good here.   Mar 3 2015, 01:26 AM
- - Todd Simpson   Congrats on your steps taken towards your new Jour...   Mar 3 2015, 03:58 AM
- - Monica Gheorghevici   I love your new name It's a big step and I...   Mar 3 2015, 09:14 AM
- - bleez   all good. best of luck   Mar 3 2015, 09:24 AM
- - Phil66   You are the same person within, same heart; same s...   Mar 3 2015, 09:33 AM
- - Caelumamittendum   Awesome for you taking that step! Sounds like ...   Mar 3 2015, 02:15 PM
- - Sensible Jones   I wish you all the best through this and I'll ...   Mar 3 2015, 02:30 PM
- - Spock   ^^^^^^^^ Kidding I know it must have been d...   Mar 3 2015, 10:25 PM
- - Saoirse O'Shea   thanks everyone.   Mar 5 2015, 01:35 PM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Hi friend, I'm really happy for you and wish y...   Mar 5 2015, 02:14 PM
- - Kristofer Dahl   It always makes warm inside when people dare follo...   Mar 5 2015, 08:16 PM
- - Drag0nz&meTaL   You must do what makes you happy! best of luck...   Mar 7 2015, 07:05 AM
- - jstcrsn   After much thought about pm'ing you my answer ...   Mar 7 2015, 02:18 PM
- - Saoirse O'Shea   Thanks again everyone . jstcrn - yes I would alwa...   Mar 12 2015, 03:58 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Sadly, it sounds like she is the one that sorta ba...   Mar 13 2015, 06:47 PM
|- - jstcrsn   QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 13 2015, 06:47 ...   Mar 13 2015, 11:26 PM
nnn
nnn
- - Saoirse O'Shea   For what it's worth - my now 'ex' knew...   Mar 15 2015, 12:08 AM
- - Phil66   The fact that she knew from the beginning and has ...   Mar 15 2015, 10:13 AM
- - jstcrsn   Saoirse,I want you to be sure, I require nothing f...   Mar 16 2015, 01:26 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:16 AM