Recording With Poor Equipment
BM
Feb 19 2010, 05:32 PM
GMC:er
Greetings all,

I am trying to record a bunch of tracks for my band's upcoming album and sadly all I have is a laptop computer with the REAPER program on it. I do not have the money to access a recording studio so it will have to do. However, I would like some opinions on how I should go about recording.

1-For my rythm tracks should I play the rythm once and then duplicate the track? That is what I have been doing. I would then split the one track to the left speaker and the other to the right to make it sound fuller. Or should I just record the two tracks seperately?

2-What order should I record in? I have been doing: Rythm, Vocals, Lead, Drums. Any thoughts on how to do it differently?

3-How loud should I let the guitar be? It seems the quality (although decent on other songs I have recorded) could be better and louder.

Any thoughts, hints or tricks you all can offer are greatly appreciated and I will post my next song on here for you all to hear!

Connor

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Baptized in a firefight. Hot blood running cold as ice. 44 minutes of target practice. All hell's breaking loose.
Outgunned. Watching the force come to a firefight with a pocket knife.
Getting schooled until they shot Achilles' heel and brought down the beast."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:05 PM