Cubase, Ableton Live, Sonar?, Software decision....
antonskv
Apr 12 2010, 11:36 PM
GMC:er
Hi everybody,

Wanted to get some input on getting set on a specific software for audio work.
I've been doing simple things with Ableton Live so far, but now that i expanded my hardware i feel some things are getting hard to do and requires more in-depth studying and all....

But with my new hardware (EMU 1616m, and new Korg PadKONTROL MIDI controller) came some new software that i've been trying out, and i've been thinking about maybe switching from Ableton Live to something else. Choices so far been: Ableton Live, CuBase, Cakewalk Sonar... These three are available to me castrated LE versions but are still full enough to let me do anything i might plan, few audio tracks, few midi tracks... Who could ask for more, eh? smile.gif

Of course i would prefer something that is most easy to learn, but also flexible enough to take full advantage of my new audio card...
So far from me experimenting - to me CuBase looks pretty solid.... It certainly has some features that are not available (or not known to me currently) in Live. For CuBase i will so have to get another Monitor.... That one loves huge work space....

Can anybody give some constructive input? Preferably people with experience in using EMU and PatchMix along with above mentioned software packages...

If you know any specific reason why one of these packages is more preferable, i'd appreciate the knowledge....

Also if you know some cool learning resources that are not widely known in the internet and are not as close as one google search away, then share if you can. Would be cool to speed up this learning process, though i cant really complain.... Documentations for each of these are really good.

Thanks guys.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:49 AM