Dimebucker, not all its cracked up to be??
Chris Evans
Aug 25 2008, 12:31 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Recently bought a DImebucker that I threw into the bridge position of one of my guitars.

I did quite a lot of researching on various different pickups, I wanted to change the stock pickup that was in the bridge (Ibanez V8) the pup itself isnt too bad on the whole, plenty of output, but I felt no real clarity like the pups in my other guitars.
Obviously looking for crunching tones etc and after a while I settled on looking for a Dimebucker, it had many rave reviews being a "hot" pickup, of course the odd poor review but in the main it got a huge thumbs up, eventually one came up on good ol ebay that I managed to get for a reasonable price, it arrived and I set about installing it biggrin.gif

No problems installing, a slight modification needed as the pickup is quite deep but nothing major or hard to do or revert back if I wanted, wiring diagrams are easy enough to find on the net, so in 20 mins or so I had the new pup installed and ready to rock n roll ...................

Shock horror!!! how weak is this sound sad.gif putting the pod xt into full overdrive mod, a screamer on max drive etc and this thing had no guts whatsoever! no sustain, nothing sad.gif with the POD settings like this I got a terrific rythmn sound, but lead? ... arrggh, the weird part was the sound was crystal clear, very good clarity but just no guts to the thing, I ofc checked double checked, triple checked, re soldered etc and double re soldered the wires in case something was a miss, but nope, everything in order, wires all correct, needless to say I reverted back to the stock pup within about 30 mins of messing around with patches etc

So I wondered has anyone else got this pup in their guitar? how have you found it, I`m a tadge confused that it should have sounded this thin and weak.

I went from biggrin.gif to sad.gif in the space of 30mins laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:29 AM