4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Pickup Replacement
jafomatic
Aug 14 2009, 08:30 PM
GMC:er
hmm, when I say "tapped coil" I mean tapped, not taped. A tapped coil would be one of the humbucker's two coils in use. Ergo: less output, and no longer two coils running in parallel "hum-canceling" mode so ... you'd hear hum.

I'm saying your coil tap is STILL a coil tap, t'is a good thing!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 14 2009, 08:32 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Aug 14 2009, 09:30 PM) *
hmm, when I say "tapped coil" I mean tapped, not taped. A tapped coil would be one of the humbucker's two coils in use. Ergo: less output, and no longer two coils running in parallel "hum-canceling" mode so ... you'd hear hum.

I'm saying your coil tap is STILL a coil tap, t'is a good thing!

whaha,yes I understood that tongue.gif but how can I have a coil tap when the red and white wire are taPed together?? those are for tapping wink.gif bTW you heard the samples?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Aug 14 2009, 08:32 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Aug 14 2009, 08:38 PM
GMC:er
yeah.. why it is still tapping that coil, I couldn't guess. I didn't follow the discussion or the diagram that well.

I heard both samples. The new pickup definitely sounds better, though I have to say it's a little hard for me to judge because your playing of that song isn't perfectly consistent yet and also because my ears are slightly damaged.

Still, definitely sounded good and sounded like a bigger/heavier tone to me. less thin.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 14 2009, 08:47 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Aug 14 2009, 09:38 PM) *
yeah.. why it is still tapping that coil, I couldn't guess. I didn't follow the discussion or the diagram that well.

I heard both samples. The new pickup definitely sounds better, though I have to say it's a little hard for me to judge because your playing of that song isn't perfectly consistent yet and also because my ears are slightly damaged.

Still, definitely sounded good and sounded like a bigger/heavier tone to me. less thin.

Yeah true wink.gif For me, the change in lead sound isn't that big, it's in the detail. The rhythm sound changed quite a lot!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:20 PM