2 Pages V  < 1 2  
2nd Year Anniversary @ Gmc, Oh well, time sure flies!
Nava
May 3 2011, 06:51 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Truly amazing!
I dont know so much about you, been a member for about 4 months now and mostly practise in the "hidden area" of GMC smile.gif

But to read your post and watch ur video almost made me fall off the chair!! What a progress my friend!
You are definately an inspiration biggrin.gif
My background is much like yours with playing off and on for many years, until I found this place and I'm addicted!
To see ur progress, was like a lightning of inspiration that just hit me.. This was really what I needed right now:)
U made my day!

Thx a lot for sharing this maharzan!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mudbone
May 3 2011, 08:16 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 3 2011, 04:16 AM) *
Not only that, but I still remember your infamous 'Vibrator Question' which was probably the first thing I was asked in the forum so it helped break the ice for me and welcome me to the site, so thank you for that. laugh.gif

Why am I not surprised that maharzan asked Ben of all people the intimate details of a 'Vibrator'? tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 3 2011, 08:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ May 3 2011, 08:16 PM) *
Why am I not surprised that maharzan asked Ben of all people the intimate details of a 'Vibrator'? tongue.gif

I'd only been here like a week.. what sort of image have I been putting out there ? huh.gif

+Quote Post
Mudbone
May 3 2011, 08:37 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 3 2011, 03:24 PM) *
I'd only been here like a week.. what sort of image have I been putting out there ? huh.gif

laugh.gif Since you got amazing bends and vibratos, who knows what other devious skills you got wink.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 3 2011, 09:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ May 3 2011, 10:30 AM) *
Thank you Justin, Cosmin and Stephane. smile.gif All the comments are so encouraging I feel like doing more now. smile.gif

You're welcome mate! But it's not our comments which should be the greater joy, but the music you make and the people you soothe with it smile.gif
Have fun and may your strings break many hearts biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
May 3 2011, 10:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Man, you're a true inspiration - I've been here to see your development. I didn't see any of the guitar gods develop their skills, but I've seen you do it. It's incredible dude, you're a real guitar hero. smile.gif Thanks for these anniversary posts. You're the proof that people can do what they want if they keep trying and show true dedication.

+Quote Post
maharzan
May 4 2011, 02:46 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Nava. smile.gif

Mubone, Ben, haha! I didn't realize I typed 'vibrator' until you told me. lol. The issue was I have a habit of typing a bit fast sometimes adding like t, r, ing at the end of words (unknowingly). My fingers are smart like the auto complete feature in mobiles. biggrin.gif But that was really interesting. I also developed that circular vibrato thing I have been seeing Vai do it. It was fun though.

Thanks again Cosmin.

Thanks Kristian. My 'goal' of posting these posts or any other in between is to help people who might be struggling like I used to back then. All the videos I used to see, like tutorials and life history, songs, it was just not clear how much they had practiced. It felt like these 'gods' got their skills naturally overnight. I was in imagination that only those people who got guitar playing talent in birth could do what they wanted to do, fast AP, sweep, etc. No where in those videos was an impression that these gods spent days and night, months and years to master it.

I really wanted to see some great guitar players how they actually developed, such as how much time they spent while they got stuck at certain lick. The feeling back in the head that these people could do it in few hours and I couldn't do it in years was very discouraging and if someone had told me oh I also spent 6 months on this one lick, than it would have been very practical and encouraging as well - Oh I can do that too.

Anyway, I hope people like me can view this 'progress' and feel they can achieve what they want to achieve. Its all possible if you really want to get that thing within your fingers. Patience is a virtue as they say. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
emirb
May 4 2011, 12:16 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
I agree with everyone here Chandra! You have done a great job and show us all what can be done with will and discipline! I found your first post inspiring and this one is no less a motivation to continue improving! For instance I never focused (nor played that much) AP but now I finally decided to improve that, struggling with that stamina bursts lesson (think it was you first 'fast' one) and well, there is some slow progress and hopefully I'll get there soon smile.gif
Keep up the good work, and more videos!
Cheers!
/Emir

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
May 4 2011, 01:31 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Emir. Your videos are inspiring as well. You have a very nice way of playing. Yep, that speed bursts lesson is one hell of a lesson. It was difficult mainly because I had timing issues as well. It should help you really improve both your AP and timing as well. Looking forward to your take there. Cheers!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 8 2011, 08:32 PM
Instructor
That is truly inspiring post and video Maharzan. I have lots of respect for you when looking how much progress you made. Thank You for being here at GMC, and for the respect you have for the site. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
maharzan
May 10 2011, 05:19 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Ivan. You guys are great. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:53 PM