First 6 Months On Gmc, A Sum Up :)
Iluha
Oct 6 2007, 02:31 AM
GMC:er
Ahhh how time flies, it's allready been 6 months since I signed up to this wonderful site, and soon enough I will be resubscribing, I thought I will sum up my experience in the last 6 months, and outline some goals for myself for the next 6 months, so here goes!

My first 6 months on GMC

Ah yes, I remember six months ago I was watching Kris's lessons on Ultimate Guitar and saw his ad for his Instructional Guitar Site, at first I just ignored it like I usually ignore sites that want your money, but after watching several lessons I was thinking to myself: "This guy means buisness! there's no BS in his lessons whatsoever, maybe this is the real deal?" and so I clicked the site's link and my adventure began, I was examing it carefully, knowing some other instructional sites that are free, I wanted to make sure that if I was going to put my money on this, then this site would provide me something special and not just a lick library!

Now I have to admit that there ARE some free sites that also provide good quality lessons, but I never encounterd one that brakes the lessons down to smaller parts and showing you the right way to learn, and so I had set my mind, clicking the submit button in paypal, I was in for a ride.

During these 6 months my technique has improved drasticly, thought still far from my goals, I can now abuse some techniques to create music that has been running in my mind for years but I had no means of actually playing it! I learned a few basic scales, started practicing with a metronome, started sweeping, and probably the most important thing is that I threw away the idea that the only way for me to know I'm good is by being able to play songs written by others, and instead replacing it with knowing that I'm good when I'm able to play my own music, cause this is the ultimate goal to express myself musically.

But the lessons and the advancement are only about 40% of my experience, the rest lies here, in the forum, I think this is the true benefit of this site and I hope some members that subscribed but never post in the forums will read this and see soon enough what they are missing! The community here is superb, I can interact with all the teachers but even more importantly with all the students, and theres no BS here like there is on free sites, because here everyone share the same goal, which is to learn, I got to meet some amazing musicians, and amazing people overall, got to hear some great music I never heard before,got to participate in a WORLD WIDE collaboration!,and got to share my own music, hell I even got a teacher to record one of my songs!(THANKS JUAN!).

So to those members that don't participate in the forums, by not participating you are missing out on 60% of this site's benefits!

My Goals For The Next 6 Months

1)Learn some more advanced scales.
2)Getting to my goal speed in Pavel's sweeping lessons.
3)Perfecting Muris's Luke style lesson.
4)Hopefully write more music.
5)Hopefully get some recording gear and start to actually record things.
6)Learn a few more Classical pieces.
7)Get better at picking(I still suck).

Right so that's preety much it, Hope I didn't forget to mention anything, so thanks Kris, for bringing us this great site... I concider the day I signed on the site as a crucial checkpoint in my life.

Anticipating another great 6 months here.
Cheers
~Ilia

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Oct 6 2007, 03:09 AM
Good stuff man. I hope you achieve your goals.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 6 2007, 03:11 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Well said! Kris should put this on the front page biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Oct 6 2007, 05:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Iluha @ Oct 6 2007, 03:31 AM) *
hell I even got a teacher to record one of my songs!(THANKS JUAN!).

Yeah !!! cool.gif

Thanks again Iluha, you know it was a pleasure wink.gif

This site is the greatest to improve your technique !! So good luck with your new goals, I hope you will be a better guitarrist and I hope you will have lot of funny with the guitar !!! biggrin.gif
(I actually know that you will write some excelent songs in next 6 months)

See you !!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Oct 6 2007, 07:04 AM
The Dark Canuck
Well said Iluha. I've been on GMC about the same amount of time as you and I feel the same way.

The Forum has taught me more about guitar then I ever thought possible and well my playing is improving so rapidly that I amaze myself everyday. I mean I'm no Clapton but compared to what I was 6 months ago it's night and day really.

+Quote Post
SEANCD2005
Oct 6 2007, 07:16 AM
Thats great good luck on meeting the rest of your goals this is a great site.

+Quote Post
Ben N
Oct 6 2007, 07:35 AM
Instructor
you right my friend this is a great website!! there are
wonderful teachers here and alot to learn smile.gif
it's very good that you set goals and practis all the time! smile.gif with this kind
persistence you will definitely play like that gay in your picture smile.gif Mr. joe satriani

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kosei Kubota
Oct 6 2007, 01:29 PM
Classical Instructor
Wow, you are so committed, and I am sure you will have your goals achieved six months later.

Indeed, GMC is a great site.
You don't get such a diverse influences from anywhere else.

Cheers to you and GMC!!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Oct 6 2007, 01:54 PM
you have some great goals listed there! Good luck and achieving them! I know you will smile.gif And yeah, theres no other community like GMC!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Oct 6 2007, 03:05 PM
Instructor
What a great story! smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 6 2007, 04:47 PM
Instructor
Great to hear all this Iluha! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Tank
Oct 6 2007, 07:03 PM
GMC Veteran
Great work mate. Keep plugging away, and those goals will fall at your feet smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jeff Curtis
Oct 9 2007, 06:16 AM
Instructor
thats awesome dude. You are on your way. Keep it up and practice perfect!!

--------------------
"Perfect" Practice Makes "Perfect"
http://www.myspace.com/eighthnotecurtis

Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
1mpr1m1s
Oct 9 2007, 06:52 AM
Thats is what I am talking about . This site is the best. . I have learned so much here at Masteclass . The forum here is so informative. I like you am happy as hell with Kris's site . All of his sites Keep up the great work Masterclass Staff you are truly the best around by leaps and bounds.

This post has been edited by 1mpr1m1s: Oct 9 2007, 03:16 PM

--------------------
My Gear

Guitars: Ibanez Prestige RGR1570 , Epiphone 1966 G-400
Amplifiers: Spider III 75W

Pedals: RP250

Wish list : Better pedal set up. & ESP EC1000

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 10 2007, 05:50 PM
GMC Founder
This is an excellent post Iluha! biggrin.gif

We are looking forwad to track your progress biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
krudtaa
Oct 25 2007, 04:37 AM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Oct 6 2007, 02:31 AM) *
Ahhh how time flies, it's allready been 6 months since I signed up to this wonderful site, and soon enough I will be resubscribing, I thought I will sum up my experience in the last 6 months, and outline some goals for myself for the next 6 months, so here goes!

My first 6 months on GMC

Ah yes, I remember six months ago I was watching Kris's lessons on Ultimate Guitar and saw his ad for his Instructional Guitar Site, at first I just ignored it like I usually ignore sites that want your money, but after watching several lessons I was thinking to myself: "This guy means buisness! there's no BS in his lessons whatsoever, maybe this is the real deal?" and so I clicked the site's link and my adventure began, I was examing it carefully, knowing some other instructional sites that are free, I wanted to make sure that if I was going to put my money on this, then this site would provide me something special and not just a lick library!

Now I have to admit that there ARE some free sites that also provide good quality lessons, but I never encounterd one that brakes the lessons down to smaller parts and showing you the right way to learn, and so I had set my mind, clicking the submit button in paypal, I was in for a ride.

During these 6 months my technique has improved drasticly, thought still far from my goals, I can now abuse some techniques to create music that has been running in my mind for years but I had no means of actually playing it! I learned a few basic scales, started practicing with a metronome, started sweeping, and probably the most important thing is that I threw away the idea that the only way for me to know I'm good is by being able to play songs written by others, and instead replacing it with knowing that I'm good when I'm able to play my own music, cause this is the ultimate goal to express myself musically.

But the lessons and the advancement are only about 40% of my experience, the rest lies here, in the forum, I think this is the true benefit of this site and I hope some members that subscribed but never post in the forums will read this and see soon enough what they are missing! The community here is superb, I can interact with all the teachers but even more importantly with all the students, and theres no BS here like there is on free sites, because here everyone share the same goal, which is to learn, I got to meet some amazing musicians, and amazing people overall, got to hear some great music I never heard before,got to participate in a WORLD WIDE collaboration!,and got to share my own music, hell I even got a teacher to record one of my songs!(THANKS JUAN!).

So to those members that don't participate in the forums, by not participating you are missing out on 60% of this site's benefits!

My Goals For The Next 6 Months

1)Learn some more advanced scales.
2)Getting to my goal speed in Pavel's sweeping lessons.
3)Perfecting Muris's Luke style lesson.
4)Hopefully write more music.
5)Hopefully get some recording gear and start to actually record things.
6)Learn a few more Classical pieces.
7)Get better at picking(I still suck).
Right so that's preety much it, Hope I didn't forget to mention anything, so thanks Kris, for bringing us this great site... I concider the day I signed on the site as a crucial checkpoint in my life.

Anticipating another great 6 months here.
Cheers
~Ilia

you are so right man, this is a really helpful site. you have a great motivation...just keep on jammin have fun. smile.gif
Thats what it`s all about. Cheers.

+Quote Post
Kizaze44
Oct 25 2007, 04:57 AM
Same here, Iluha! I've learned more here in 4 months than I've learned in the past 10 years! If I looked at Marcus' Evening Blues back then I would have laughed at myself for even considering playing like that one day. Now I have mastered it in about 2 weeks! (I have to pat myself on the back for that one - I'm so amazed that I can actually play it that I play it over and over to make sure I'm not dreaming!) Cheers to the GMC staff! Please keep up the great work!

-Kiz

+Quote Post
Iluha
Oct 27 2007, 05:45 AM
I'm glad to see this thread had over 1000 views, maybe others would like to share their experience in GMC so far as well? smile.gif

And hopefully this is inspirational to some people to achieve their goals, nothing is out of your reach, you live only once, so you should just go for it, don't hold back!

This post has been edited by Iluha: Oct 27 2007, 05:45 AM

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:06 AM