> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Lcsdds: Muris Canon In D, I'll give it a shot
lcsdds
Mar 19 2009, 03:42 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Might as well submit one as well smile.gif

Original lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...d-fusion-shred/

My take:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Mar 21 2009, 04:30 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Mar 19 2009, 07:53 AM
Instructor
Rhythm placement - 4
Cleanness - 4
Feel - 3,5
Posture - 4.5
Sound - 4

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Mar 19 2009, 11:13 AM
Instructor
Rhythm Placement: 4.5
Cleaness: 2.5
Feel: 3.0
Posture: 4.8
Sound: 4.5

This is a very hard piece out of the gate, i think you almost are there with it. You have a very small amount of rhythm issues, i think with a little practice you can tweak it. I think its mostly a problem of getting your hands ready for the next monster run, so there is a bit of hesitation, and then a rush to fill the gap.

What stood out to me most why i gave a lower score for cleaness is your bends in this piece are not up to pitch. Really work on making your bends comes to pitch.

The feeling of this lesson is not quite there yet, but i feel that its because your so focused on the technique its hard for you to let go ....yet.

I gave you a higher rating on Posture, mainly because i think i heard you say in another post that your kind of a really big guy, its hard to play sitting down and not hunch over like that since you are much taller.

Over all its a very excellent take, and your tapping skills are really top notch! Kudos!

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 19 2009, 11:29 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Rhythm Placement: 4
Cleanness: 3,5
Feel: 3,5
Posture: 4,5
Sound: 4,5

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 19 2009, 11:50 AM
Instructor
Rhythm placement - 4
Cleanness - 4
Feel - 4
Posture - 4.5
Sound - 4

Very good Monte. Sometimes not perfectly in the beat and some notes are a bit dirty but nearly there. This is a hard one but you did a good job. Try less drive or different amp type. This is a bit too agressive distortion.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Mar 20 2009, 09:21 PM
Instructor
Rhythm placement - 4
Cleanness - 4
Feel - 4
Posture - 5
Sound - 4

Great playing, I cab´t play this piece so I will just jugge of what I hear....
1) The bendings (vibrato) require some work, they are slightly out of tune (-1 cleanness) and the rythm becomes weird (-0.5 feel).
You must check the nice articulations Muris is using, not all the notes are the same, and a lot of accents are missing, for example at 1:03 (the "chorus" of the song) check on Muris, ther is a slight marking on the ob beat notes and the off-beat notes are grouped towards those. It´s something like DA da-da-DA da-da-DA ' da-da-da-da-da-da-da-DA (the "Da" is a marked note...the "da" is a no marked note and I put some "-" in between the "DAs" to show how they can be grouped.
Another place to mark are the syncopas, in this piece (for example at 0:57 somethink like "da da-re da DA!" is calling.
If any question feel free to ask, thanks for submiting!

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 21 2009, 12:39 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Nice job Monte, your final score on this lesson is 80.6%

This post has been edited by skennington: Mar 21 2009, 12:39 AM

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:53 AM