> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Hickstir's Practice Room, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 3 2015, 12:14 AM
Instructor
Hi hickstir! Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army, my mentoring program. Here the idea is to help you design guitar routines to achieve diary, weekly, monthly and yearly goals. The idea is to define this goals together to then design guitar routines and share your report and videos/audios of you to show me how everything progresses.

Here I will copy the info that you shared in your intro thread, to have it as reference.

My music goals are varied, which also my be why I can't seem to stick to one thing very long before I realize I'm off working on something else. I can't tell you how many intro's or 'beginning of songs I've learned. How many have I completed, that's right, none! I know it's partly self-discipline and partly not seeing an instructor every week knowing you have to show what you were assigned to work on. Of course they are both one in the same.

My long term goal (maybe a few years or so) is to be able to know and understand fretboard theory (or just plain theory) and put together my own music. I would like to feel comfortable if I met someone and the said "hey, come on over with your guitar and we'll mess around. I would like to learn a few songs along the way, but I kind of look at that as a sub-accomplishment kind of thing.

Short term goals are the problem for me, I realized that I don't have any. The issue is that my long term goals keep getting in the way. My thinking goes kind of like this, and I'm guessing I'm not alone out there. My short term (daily) thinking kind of goes like this; "Let's see, I want to learn theory so I better just concentrate on that, but I want to learn the notes on the fretboard so I'll work on that, but I really need to learn the pentatonic scale so..., but I really want to learn some Scorpions, Slash, Pink Floyd, so on..., but I really need to learn the major and minor scales, but I would really like to learn some country for my father in law, but, but, but..." There's pretty much my daily thinking, it's always "well if I work on this, I'm not working on that".

Anyways; I'll leave it at that as I'm guessing anyone interested can get a good picture of where I am. I did forget to mention that I just recently got a Zoom R-8 for my birthday and love it! I was also an eye opener the first time I tried to play a simple solo while listening to the rhythm. ohmy.gif It blew my mind at how different it was to play that once easy solo over other music!!! I can see why 'they say' you need to play with others, or at least backing tracks.

Anything else to add? Can you record yourself? Do you have any videos of you playing?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Gabriel Leopardi   Hickstir's Practice Room   Feb 3 2015, 12:14 AM
- - hickstir   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 2 2015, 11...   Feb 3 2015, 12:51 AM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   This sounds great mate! I'll wait for the...   Feb 3 2015, 02:03 PM
|- - hickstir   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 3 2015, 01...   Feb 3 2015, 03:34 PM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (hickstir @ Feb 3 2015, 11:34 AM) N...   Feb 3 2015, 06:56 PM
nnn
nnn
- - hickstir   Okay, so I'm almost done with the studio upsta...   Feb 9 2015, 04:26 PM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Hi friend! Thanks for this video! These a...   Feb 10 2015, 02:21 PM
|- - hickstir   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 10 2015, 01...   Feb 10 2015, 03:39 PM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (hickstir @ Feb 10 2015, 11:39 AM) ...   Feb 11 2015, 05:56 PM
|- - hickstir   Hi Gabe, right after you gave me my first work, I ...   Mar 1 2015, 05:29 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Hi mate! Congrats on your first guitar video...   Mar 1 2015, 05:52 PM
|- - hickstir   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 1 2015, 04...   Mar 1 2015, 10:45 PM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (hickstir @ Mar 1 2015, 06:45 PM) I...   Mar 2 2015, 02:29 PM
|- - hickstir   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 2 2015, 01...   Mar 10 2015, 01:08 AM
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Hi friend! Great job with this one! The o...   Mar 10 2015, 04:48 PM
|- - hickstir   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 10 2015, 03...   Mar 11 2015, 03:58 PM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (hickstir @ Mar 11 2015, 11:58 AM) ...   Mar 12 2015, 02:02 PM
nnn
nnn
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Hi mate, here I'm ready to suggest some work f...   May 5 2015, 05:36 PM
|- - hickstir   Awesome looking lesson. Yes!! I will cer...   May 6 2015, 11:16 AM
nnn
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Hi Hickstir, I'm checking the analysis that he...   May 6 2015, 02:50 PM
|- - hickstir   Thanks much, I see I just have to find it and go w...   May 6 2015, 03:26 PM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (hickstir @ May 6 2015, 11:26 AM) T...   May 6 2015, 05:34 PM
nnn
nnn
- - hickstir   Hi Gabe, well, I wanted to get my Buckethead vid u...   May 26 2015, 03:12 PM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Hi mate, I'm sorry about that issue with your ...   May 26 2015, 03:25 PM
|- - hickstir   Ah, that's exactly what I meant! Thanks m...   May 26 2015, 03:45 PM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (hickstir @ May 26 2015, 11:45 AM) ...   May 27 2015, 01:51 PM
nnn
nnn
- - hickstir   Hi Gabe, yes it’s me, I’m finally back! I...   Jul 6 2015, 03:24 PM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Hi mate! What a post! Welcome back friend...   Jul 6 2015, 03:42 PM
|- - hickstir   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 6 2015, 02...   Jul 6 2015, 03:56 PM
nnn
- - hickstir   Very strange, my youtube upload did not bring the ...   Jul 6 2015, 11:29 PM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Hi mate, thanks for the videos. These ones helps ...   Jul 7 2015, 04:28 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:13 AM