21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Your Favourite Football Team
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 24 2008, 01:03 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Duncan @ Feb 23 2008, 11:51 PM) *
To be fair Wenger was over reacting. He retracted his statement earlier. Taylor didn't fly in, it was from a standing start. Horrific challenge yes, but at the same time it was more clumsy that malicious.

Newcastle were hilarious. Rooney's second was an absolute peach.

I still think Taylor should be banned for at least 5 games as you just can't do a two footed lunge as itwill end people's careers. Do you reckon Eduardo will ever play again? Apparently it may take 18 months for him to play again but he may never be the same. sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Duncan
Feb 24 2008, 01:18 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 24 2008, 12:03 AM) *
I still think Taylor should be banned for at least 5 games as you just can't do a two footed lunge as itwill end people's careers. Do you reckon Eduardo will ever play again? Apparently it may take 18 months for him to play again but he may never be the same. sad.gif

That's the thing though. It was two footed. This picture proves that:

Still a normal ban would suffice I reckon. A tackle like that though, he'll come back, but he'll never be the same. A real shame cause he could have been amazing. What the hell was Gallas doing at the end though, throwing a paddy. Shameful.

QUOTE ('Steve Bruce on Taylor')
"He would never, ever do anything malicious. He has mis-timed the tackle, and I've seen it. Some would say it is not even a yellow card."

First point, fair enough. But not even a yellow? Bugger off.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Duncan: Feb 24 2008, 01:25 AM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 24 2008, 01:30 AM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Feb 24 2008, 12:18 AM) *
That's the thing though. It was two footed. This picture proves that:

Still a normal ban would suffice I reckon. A tackle like that though, he'll come back, but he'll never be the same. A real shame cause he could have been amazing. What the hell was Gallas doing at the end though, throwing a paddy. Shameful.

First point, fair enough. But not even a yellow? Bugger off.

I know emotions were running high but Gallas was pathetic at the end. Captains don't act that way. I feel really sorry for Eduardo. Such a young talent and it could have all been taken away. He's definitely out for 12 months. Let's hope its 12 months and he is much better after it. Man United were probably laughing whilst watching that but unfortunately the whole game was soured by the challenge. However you look at it,it was sickening. Even though it wasn't malicious you still can't help but be sickened by it. And Steve Bruce is mad. I think everybody knows it was a straight red.

I think Arsenal should have been given a penalty also, not Birmingham but either way today was a good day for Boro as nobody below us were capable of doing anything apart from Wigan. We had a great game but 2 defensive big errors ruined our day.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Duncan
Feb 24 2008, 01:35 AM
Eduardo is a real shame. I've spoken to a few Man Utd fans, and they're all shocked at the injury. It's not nice to see anyone get injured. Yeah Gallas is an idiot. Should be dropped for that. It will be interesting to see how Arsenal pick themselves up. If the pressure gets to them again it could be the end of their title hopes. I can't see Manchester United having another dip in form. Plus Arsenal have still to Play Man Utd again. So a nice close battle this year.

I had to laugh at some of the Middlesbrough defending. Especially for Torres' second. The keeper came running out and got behind his defender in the que to have a go at stopping Torres. Fantastic. laugh.gif

Apart from that though, you played pretty well. Had the ball in the back of the net 4 times counting the two standing goals. Close calls as well.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 24 2008, 01:44 AM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Feb 24 2008, 12:35 AM) *
Eduardo is a real shame. I've spoken to a few Man Utd fans, and they're all shocked at the injury. It's not nice to see anyone get injured. Yeah Gallas is an idiot. Should be dropped for that. It will be interesting to see how Arsenal pick themselves up. If the pressure gets to them again it could be the end of their title hopes. I can't see Manchester United having another dip in form. Plus Arsenal have still to Play Man Utd again. So a nice close battle this year.

I had to laugh at some of the Middlesbrough defending. Especially for Torres' second. The keeper came running out and got behind his defender in the que to have a go at stopping Torres. Fantastic. laugh.gif

Apart from that though, you played pretty well. Had the ball in the back of the net 4 times counting the two standing goals. Close calls as well.

That was the 3rd goal but I know what you mean. It's stupid errors that cost us. I think we just got overly excited by the situation of playing well and being 1-0 up against Liverpool. Sheffield United next on Wednesday smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Duncan
Feb 24 2008, 02:23 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 24 2008, 12:44 AM) *
That was the 3rd goal but I know what you mean. It's stupid errors that cost us. I think we just got overly excited by the situation of playing well and being 1-0 up against Liverpool. Sheffield United next on Wednesday smile.gif

Ah yeah, the second was the quality strike. I can imagine the FA cup replay to be extremely boring. Not really fussed about who goes through. I'm just glad Liverpool and Arsenal are out. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 28 2008, 10:56 AM
Through to the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup thankfully biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Duncan
Feb 28 2008, 02:20 PM
Man you were lucky though.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 28 2008, 02:22 PM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Feb 28 2008, 01:20 PM) *
Man you were lucky though.

Dont you think we had all the good chances all the way through? We should have won it 3-0 but we couldn't finish our chances. They got what they deserved for playing so negatively. We played well I thought against a Championship side as they are always hard to play against. Look at Man City and Liverpool biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Duncan
Feb 28 2008, 08:16 PM
Yeah you did have the better chances. I was just saying you're goal was pretty lucky. I could have sworn it was going to penalties.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 28 2008, 08:26 PM
Very weird goal biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Duncan
Mar 1 2008, 06:02 PM
Can't believe Arsenal equalised in the last minute. Still to lose a 5 point lead in 2 weeks is pretty shocking. LOL at Newcastle, yet again.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 1 2008, 09:57 PM
We were absolutely terrible today. Worse game I've ever seen us play and that is saying something lol. It should have been 0-0 as Reading were useless as well but congrats on the goal. I think we were still tired after Wednesday sad.gif Anyway we have Cardiff a week tomorrow on the Sunday and we can't lose. Please tell me we can't lose Duncan. haha biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Duncan
Mar 2 2008, 12:29 AM
The way you played against Sheffield Utd, you easily could. Cardiff are higher than Utd. Knowing Middlesbrough though, you'll pull out some jammy 1-0 win! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 2 2008, 12:33 AM
Trust me. The game against Reading was 10 times worse. biggrin.gif Supporting Boro leads to an early death through stress lol but I'd never support anybody else. I'll still get a season ticket. Boro Forever smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Duncan
Mar 2 2008, 12:36 AM
Also, are we the only two really involved in this thread?

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 2 2008, 12:39 AM
Yes lol biggrin.gif I think we are.

Hello World?

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Duncan
Mar 2 2008, 07:08 PM
Huge LOL at Portsmouth conceding within 5 seconds today. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Duncan
Mar 10 2008, 01:08 AM
What the hell happened this weekend? Crazy results.

Also, commiserations OrganisedConfusion, but you were completely outplayed.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 10 2008, 09:51 AM
I don't think any Boro fan would complain. They deserved it. We won't win a game against anybody playing like we did though. I don't think many Boro fans are happy with performances lately. We better start doing something soon. If we had played football we would have beat them. We didn't even look like we wanted the ball. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:05 AM