Seymour Duncan Blackouts
Lorry
Jan 28 2008, 09:29 AM
GMC:er
Hey all,

I had a play with some EMG's over the weekend and I've decided to get some active pickups for my Ibanez RG370. After reading around I've heard really good things about the Seymour Duncan Blackouts, and a few people seem to be recommending them over the classic EMG 81/85 combo.

Anybody out there use them? What do you think?

Cheers,
Lorry

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jan 28 2008, 10:09 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Lorry @ Jan 28 2008, 09:29 AM) *
Hey all,

I had a play with some EMG's over the weekend and I've decided to get some active pickups for my Ibanez RG370. After reading around I've heard really good things about the Seymour Duncan Blackouts, and a few people seem to be recommending them over the classic EMG 81/85 combo.

Anybody out there use them? What do you think?

Cheers,
Lorry

I don't want to recommend against 81/85 because they are great at what they do, but that's about it IMO.
They are razor sharp. Like a glass cutter. I replaced mine and I'm much happier with the spectrum of the new ones.
I don't regret the 81/85 combo. They where real fun, lots of chunka-chunka, but these fits me better. And I still have the EMGs, just moved them to another guitar. smile.gif
I have never heard the Blackouts so I can't compare them.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:18 AM