Folk & Mate!, Very traditional stuff.
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 15 2014, 05:38 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! Those who use to join my Vchat sessions know that I use to drink Mate while I do them.

"Mate (Spanish: [ˈmate], Portuguese: [ˈmatʃi]; sometimes spelled maté), also known as yerba mate, chimarrão (Portuguese: [ʃimɐˈʁɐ̃w̃]) or cimarrón (Spanish: [simaˈron]), is a traditional South American caffeine-rich infused drink, particularly in Argentina (where it is defined by law as the "national infusion"),[2] Uruguay, Paraguay and Southern Brazil, and to a lesser degree in southern Chile, the Bolivian Chaco, Syria and Lebanon. It is prepared from steeping dried leaves of yerba mate (llex paraguariensis, known in Portuguese as erva-mate) in hot water."

Attached Image

This weekend I'm out of my home, at a city called "Paraná" which is situated in Entre Rios Providence. I'm recording a documentary with my girlfriend and her team that covers "The Mate's Party" which consists of many different things like traditional food, competitions, dance, and that is centralized on a big Folklore Music festival with some of the most popular Argentinean Folk Artists.

This is a pic that I took with my cellphone when people was just starting to arrive to the place:

Attached Image

The reason why I started this thread is also to share with you some of the artist that played yesterday and will be playing today and tomorrow just to share some Argentinean Folk that surely you've never heard.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Feb 15 2014, 05:54 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Palacios
Feb 15 2014, 05:55 PM
Learning Roadie
I still got my Mate from the Tigre Delta Outdoor Market. That place was huge. The guy misspelled my name when he engraved it on it.lol. That's a great festival. The music of the Caucho's is really amazing, and inspired so many great guitarists. I'm gonna have to watch the whole thing tonight, and get inspired myself.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 16 2014, 01:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Palacios @ Feb 15 2014, 01:55 PM) *
I still got my Mate from the Tigre Delta Outdoor Market. That place was huge. The guy misspelled my name when he engraved it on it.lol. That's a great festival. The music of the Caucho's is really amazing, and inspired so many great guitarists. I'm gonna have to watch the whole thing tonight, and get inspired myself.

yeah, he did a great concert. Today we have Jorge Rojas, Ruben Patagonia and many more.

Tigre Delta! That's a very nice place. I'm now in the same river but in other providence called Entre Rios, Tigre is in Buenos Aires.

Entre Rios is marked here with green in the map:

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Palacios
Feb 16 2014, 07:17 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 15 2014, 08:38 AM) *
Hey guys! Those who use to join my Vchat sessions know that I use to drink Mate while I do them.

"Mate (Spanish: [ˈmate], Portuguese: [ˈmatʃi]; sometimes spelled maté), also known as yerba mate, chimarrão (Portuguese: [ʃimɐˈʁɐ̃w̃]) or cimarrón (Spanish: [simaˈron]), is a traditional South American caffeine-rich infused drink, particularly in Argentina (where it is defined by law as the "national infusion"),[2] Uruguay, Paraguay and Southern Brazil, and to a lesser degree in southern Chile, the Bolivian Chaco, Syria and Lebanon. It is prepared from steeping dried leaves of yerba mate (llex paraguariensis, known in Portuguese as erva-mate) in hot water."

Attached Image

This weekend I'm out of my home, at a city called "Paraná" which is situated in Entre Rios Providence. I'm recording a documentary with my girlfriend and her team that covers "The Mate's Party" which consists of many different things like traditional food, competitions, dance, and that is centralized on a big Folklore Music festival with some of the most popular Argentinean Folk Artists.

This is a pic that I took with my cellphone when people was just starting to arrive to the place:

Attached Image
I watched the first video. Great music. I loved the guitar. It definantly sounded like Argentine Gaucho folk music; similar to Atahualpa Yupanqui. It would have been great to sit out there by the river with a bottle of Malbec, and listen to the music. Of course have some great Argentine steak. It's the only place I've ever had the waiter take my spoon, and dip it in my steak it was so tender. Can't wait to see more of the festival.

The reason why I started this thread is also to share with you some of the artist that played yesterday and will be playing today and tomorrow just to share some Argentinean Folk that surely you've never heard.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 16 2014, 08:01 PM
Instructor
Yesterday a I was impressed by Ruben Patagonia's show.

Ruben Patagonia is very known among metal fans here because of his collabs with Almafuerte, one of the biggest metal bands from my country. They did this song for example:

And tonight we have the last day of the fest with Teresa Parodi and Luciano Pereyra.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:34 AM