2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Your Favorite 80's Hard Rock Band.
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 19 2011, 05:36 PM
Instructor
Ratt!!!!! Another great band!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 19 2011, 06:04 PM
GMC:er

\m/

i still remember few years ago, Playing GTA:Vice City and headbanging to this song alot

here's kickass song, love the guitar on it

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jul 19 2011, 06:31 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jul 19 2011, 08:20 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
hell yea how could I forget Quiet Riot!! I saw them supporting Judas Priest, scariest part is I just looked up when that was and it was 1983 ... I was 13! blink.gif

also a shame that Kevin DuBrow has also departed from this earth in 2007 sad.gif

This post has been edited by Chris Evans: Jul 19 2011, 08:22 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
scotty666
Jul 19 2011, 08:36 PM
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jul 19 2011, 05:11 PM) *
When I was a wee lad in the 80's my favorite hard rock band was Twisted Sister. My mom recorded the music videos for me, and I played them, over, and over again, much to the detriment of my parents sanity biggrin.gif

another shout out for Twisted Sister biggrin.gif I saw them live in the mid 80s and again in 2005........ they were just as good!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 19 2011, 11:55 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jul 19 2011, 05:11 PM) *
True, it may be after the 80's, but the 80's officially ended when Nirvana's "Nevermind" was released wink.gif What you posted was released before that, so you're still good Gabriel biggrin.gif

When I was a wee lad in the 80's my favorite hard rock band was Twisted Sister. My mom recorded the music videos for me, and I played them, over, and over again, much to the detriment of my parents sanity biggrin.gif

this explains so much

I grew up in the L.A. area in the 80's , the sad part is that I figured that these bands would be around for a while and I would catch the next show, next thing I know is ,I am in kansas, the bands are no longer playing( more of these bands play outside the states because tha U.S. is to phickle to support them ),and now thanks to you guys getting me started with 80's youtube videos - I will probably wake in a few days with some sort of youtube hangover-- thanks ,just when I thought I was cured laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Jul 20 2011, 01:30 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Dokken
Dio
Iron Maiden
Foreigner
Rush
Boston
Billy Squier
Cinerella

Some of my favorites....

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 20 2011, 06:29 AM
Instructor
yeah! Quiet Riot was awesome! Cum and feel the noize is one of the 80's hymns!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ioscommuter
Dec 4 2015, 02:28 PM
Vito Bratta of Whitesnake is extremely underrated. The bend tapping at the beginning of the "Wait" solo is very innovative.
Steve Lynch of Autograph was an 8 finger tapper. He created a method book for 8 finger tapping used by alot of GIT students at the time. He still sells it online.
Reb Beach of Winger/Whitesnake does alot of slippery legato/tapping stuff.
John Sykes playing with whitesnake was great pentatonic shred, and a big influence on Zakk Wylde.

I feel like George Lynch, Warren DeMartini, and Jake E. Lee all did great things with the dark minor side of hair metal.

Also it seemed like if you left your old band to play for Ozzy, your old band immediately hit it big after you left! It happened with Quiet Riot after Randy Rhoads left, and again with Ratt when Jake E. Lee left!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 4 2015, 02:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ioscommuter @ Dec 4 2015, 10:28 AM) *
Vito Bratta of Whitesnake is extremely underrated. The bend tapping at the beginning of the "Wait" solo is very innovative.
Steve Lynch of Autograph was an 8 finger tapper. He created a method book for 8 finger tapping used by alot of GIT students at the time. He still sells it online.
Reb Beach of Winger/Whitesnake does alot of slippery legato/tapping stuff.
John Sykes playing with whitesnake was great pentatonic shred, and a big influence on Zakk Wylde.

I feel like George Lynch, Warren DeMartini, and Jake E. Lee all did great things with the dark minor side of hair metal.

Also it seemed like if you left your old band to play for Ozzy, your old band immediately hit it big after you left! It happened with Quiet Riot after Randy Rhoads left, and again with Ratt when Jake E. Lee left!

Great post man! How many amazing players we had during the 80's!

Also thanks for the book recommendation, I'll check it. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 4 2015, 05:55 PM
Learning Roadie
Racer X
Warrant
The Cult
The Quireboys (they were around in the 80's but debut album was 1990)
Tesla

Let's not forget Aerosmith and Heart had a bit of a comeback in the mid-late 80s too

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Dec 4 2015, 06:00 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Man, the 80's were truly great for hard rock bands and heavy guitar players, also some of the best years of my life and the decade that I picked up my first electric guitar. (Black LP copy made by Suzuki tongue.gif ) my favs have already been listed here but at the moment I can think of a few more bands that I liked to listen to, some that bled over from the 70's.

Night Ranger
Aldo Nova
April Wine
Triumph
Danger Danger
Krokus
Warrant
AC/DC
Accept
Scorpions
Journey
Tesla
Cacophony
Damn Yankees (formed in 89 but I think the first album was actually released in 1990)
Omg there were so many! I better stop now. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 4 2015, 07:07 PM
Learning Roadie
woaw a post from 2011...... did we do dig graving here ?

so my favorites 80' bands ?? this not include 90' bands of courses

MegaDeth
Iron Maiden
Guns n fuck'in Roses
Pantera
Manowar
Skidrow
Aerosmith
Alice Cooper
Black sabbath
Savatage
Van Halen

i forgot some !!

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 4 2015, 07:45 PM
Great topic by Gabe and great responses smile.gif I had forgot all about some of these bands. To wit.

DANGER DANGER. Nearly forgot that the amazing Andy Timmons was in this band.

STEELHEART. I had completely forgotten about this band until this post. They had a big power ballad in the 80's and the vid was in heavy rotation on MTV.

WINGER: Who could forget Kip Winger? His band kicked ass too smile.gif

QUOTE (velci @ Jul 19 2011, 08:09 AM) *
Danger Danger
Motley Crüe
Winger
Steelheart

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 4 2015, 08:21 PM
Learning Roadie
except the crazy mens from Motley crue, i know no named band !

i already have the girls girls girls vinyl album !!!! with big titted girls !!!

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 4 2015, 08:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I much prefer the 70s era tbh but in the 80's some of my favourite bands were -
'Hanoi Rocks', 'Dogs D'amour' and 'Zodiac Mindwarp & the love reaction'

I think Zodiac Mindwarp probably edged the win for me. I thought their first EP and debut album was just awesome.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 4 2015, 08:59 PM
Learning Roadie
i'm too young to have know theses bands, i start to have interrest for metal in the late 80 and was totaly a headbanger dunring the 90'

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:15 PM