3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Easy Ac/dc
Monica Gheorghev...
May 16 2023, 05:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ May 16 2023, 03:34 PM) *
Hi Monica,

I worked on the G-chord so my pinky is not workless anymore laugh.gif

I also worked on the raking and there I still mess up. I can do it when I only have to do a raking. But in the track, I mostly screw it up when the part of the raking is there. I don't know if it's a really good one in this take (it took me 40 takes to get to this one biggrin.gif)

I definately still have to practise to get the raking part good and maybe also the ending. It's still good enough for me.

Hi Gert!

Awesome....the pinky finger is back on track. laugh.gif The G chord sounds great now. smile.gif

About the raking.....it's still not visible. biggrin.gif Don't forget when you do this, to also hit the E lower string (but, of course, mute this string with your right hand).

The main issue in your take is the unwanted sound from the strings that should be muted. Without this issue, your take would sound really awesome.
You need to learn your left hand fingers to mute the strings that you don't want to hear. In this way, you will be able to hit all the strings without any problem and you will also get a percussive flavor from the muted ones.

As an example, take a close look at 0:16; 0:21; etc. Every time you play the F# note with your pinky finger (D string/4th fret), you add too much pressure with this finger on the rest of the strings. In this way, all the notes become audible. If you want to mute the rest of the strings with your pinky, reduce the pressure on the finger.
If it's too hard, keep the pinky finger rounded and use the index finger for muting. Keep the index finger in the same position as you played the barre chords marked with "X".
Also be careful at the E lower string and mute this better with the tip of your finger.

The ending is not perfect, but it's also not bad. There are some pitch issues (mostly on the last bend tongue.gif ) but the vibrato looks better.

For next time, you can raise the tempo a little but try to add all your focus to get a better muting with your left hand. To develop this skill is very important and is as vital as the air (in any style of playing). smile.gif

Have a great practice time!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Jun 6 2023, 11:34 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Good afternoon Monica,

Here's a new take on the AC/DC exercise:

The G-chord sounds so much better with the pinky involved. And the muting on the F# with the pinky is also solved. Sounds much better!

To my ears, the first part until the raking sounds very good.

And for the first time, I think the raking is there and sounds good.

Only the last part (the bends) need more improvement. I see I also need to place my thumb in a better position. It needs to be in the middle of my index and middle finger. That way I will have better control of the bends.

30 minutes later... laugh.gif

I have tried to make a new take with a better ending. I think in this take, the ending is better. My thumb has a better position and the bends sounds better and more control.

Listen for yourself wink.gif

Cheers,
Gert

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gert1973: Jun 6 2023, 11:59 AM

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 6 2023, 12:43 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jun 6 2023, 10:34 AM) *
Good afternoon Monica,

Here's a new take on the AC/DC exercise:

The G-chord sounds so much better with the pinky involved. And the muting on the F# with the pinky is also solved. Sounds much better!

To my ears, the first part until the raking sounds very good.

And for the first time, I think the raking is there and sounds good.

Only the last part (the bends) need more improvement. I see I also need to place my thumb in a better position. It needs to be in the middle of my index and middle finger. That way I will have better control of the bends.

30 minutes later... laugh.gif

I have tried to make a new take with a better ending. I think in this take, the ending is better. My thumb has a better position and the bends sounds better and more control.

Cheers,
Gert

Hi Gert!

So....you have prepared two takes. biggrin.gif

Let's start with the first video:

To be honest from the muting point of view, I think this is the best take of yours. smile.gif You worked and applied everything I told you. Your playing has improved very much.
There are just tiny little spots (0:28, 0:33) where we can hear some unwanted noises. Keep an eye on your pinky and everything will be ok. wink.gif

About raking....I have a huge smile on my face. biggrin.gif Yes....that was a really nice raking. Great work!!! You can add a little more force when you do the raking and it will sound absolutely perfect.

Yes, you are right, the last part (bends) needs more work. Take care at the pitch of the bends, mostly when you apply the vibrato.

The second video:

The first part of the video has more unwanted string noises, but I will not comment about that because you proved in the first video that you can play this part very well. Also, I know you made this recording just to get a better result for the final part. wink.gif
Yes, the last part sounds better now, but you still have some pitch issues when you do the vibrato. You need to keep the right pitch when you make the vibrato.

For next time, you can raise the tempo of the backing track. It is up to you how many bpm you want to add.

You have done an awesome job for today. I'm very, veeeery proud of you!!!! smile.gif

Have a great day!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Jun 12 2023, 02:53 PM
Hi again!

Another take on this AC/DC lesson.

The chord part is going really good but I still struggle with the raking. If I move from the last chord to the raking, I mess up frequently. But when I don't move and only do a raking, I can do them 100 times good.

The ending has improved I think. I payed attention to the pitch on the vibrato and alo the pitch on the last stroke. I think they both have a good pitch now.

Cheers,
Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 12 2023, 04:18 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jun 12 2023, 01:53 PM) *
Hi again!

Another take on this AC/DC lesson.

The chord part is going really good but I still struggle with the raking. If I move from the last chord to the raking, I mess up frequently. But when I don't move and only do a raking, I can do them 100 times good.

The ending has improved I think. I payed attention to the pitch on the vibrato and alo the pitch on the last stroke. I think they both have a good pitch now.

Cheers,
Gert

Hi Gert!

Yes....you rock!!! smile.gif

Good take and good attitude!!! Also, the ending part has a huge improvement. It's obvious that you worked and you succeeded in keeping the right pitch even on vibrato. GREAT WORK!!!

There are just a few tiny spots where we can hear some unwanted string noises (0:23; 0:28).

The sound of the raking is great. The only thing to fix is to let the last chord (1:04) ring longer before the raking (as is in the lesson). You need to move your hand at the last moment.
I know it's a little hard, but to succeed in doing this you need to isolate this part. Practice separately only the switch from the chord into the bend with raking. You will see, at some point, you will be able to play this part with closed eyes.

You did an awesome work today!!! I'm very, veeery proud of you!!! smile.gif

For next time, you can raise the tempo. biggrin.gif

Have a great evening!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Jun 18 2023, 11:26 AM
Hi Monica,

New take on 115bpm on the (not so) easy (after all) AC/DC lesson biggrin.gif

I think I got the raking part now smile.gif I have let the last chord ring long enough and made a smooth transition to the raking.

The ending has improved and should be no problem for 'the end' game of this lesson.

I think I'm ready for full speed here laugh.gif

Are you with me on that? tongue.gif

Cheers,
Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 18 2023, 12:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jun 18 2023, 10:26 AM) *
Hi Monica,

New take on 115bpm on the (not so) easy (after all) AC/DC lesson biggrin.gif

I think I got the raking part now smile.gif I have let the last chord ring long enough and made a smooth transition to the raking.

The ending has improved and should be no problem for 'the end' game of this lesson.

I think I'm ready for full speed here laugh.gif

Are you with me on that? tongue.gif

Cheers,
Gert

Hi Gert!

Yes, you are definitely ready to play this lesson at full speed! biggrin.gif

Great transition to raking!!! Now you move the hand at the last moment and the last chord sounds exactly as it should. That's awesome!!! smile.gif

There are a few details that require a little more attention:

- muting - you still have some tiny spots in the first part where I can hear some unwanted string noises.

- the ending part - this section is improved, but take care at the last bend because you are out of pitch. Also, don't rush the last bend/strike (you played this a few milliseconds earlier). Keep doing the vibrato from the previous bend and hit the last notes at the same moment with the drum. Add a little more force when you hit the strings.

Great work for today!!! I'm very proud of you!!! smile.gif

Have a great day!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Jun 26 2023, 03:48 PM
Hi again Monica,

Today on the agenda 2 lessons at full speed for the first time biggrin.gif You already saw number one. Here's number 2!

I think I can resume very short. Up until the end part (chords and raking) everything is good in my opninion. Only the end part is still a bit messy.

But this lesson should be ready for REC very shortly I hope.

Cheers,
Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 26 2023, 05:07 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jun 26 2023, 02:48 PM) *
Hi again Monica,

Today on the agenda 2 lessons at full speed for the first time biggrin.gif You already saw number one. Here's number 2!

I think I can resume very short. Up until the end part (chords and raking) everything is good in my opninion. Only the end part is still a bit messy.

But this lesson should be ready for REC very shortly I hope.

Cheers,
Gert

Hi again Gert!

Two lessons played at full speed....that means a lot of work. You rock!!! cool.gif

I think one more week of practice to get used to this speed and you will be ready for REC. smile.gif

In the first part, be very careful at muting and don't let unwanted strings be audible. This is very important.

You played the raking a little late. Also, in this spot (1:03), pay attention and let the release of the bend a little lower. Look close at how Adrian plays and notice the difference.

You are right, the last part is a little messy and the last bend/strike has the pitch too high.

Just a little more work and you will end this lesson. The countdown has started. biggrin.gif

You did a great work today!!!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Jul 1 2023, 08:27 AM
Hi Monica,

Today a new take on the AC/DC lesson. Here also going to a straight line to the finish biggrin.gif

I paid attention to the timing of the raking and I think the end is now not so messy anymore.

Let me know what you think...

If you here unwanted noises, can you point them out? Because you mentioned unwanted noises before but I can not identify them...

Have a good weekend!

Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 1 2023, 09:31 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jul 1 2023, 07:27 AM) *
Hi Monica,

Today a new take on the AC/DC lesson. Here also going to a straight line to the finish biggrin.gif

I paid attention to the timing of the raking and I think the end is now not so messy anymore.

Let me know what you think...

If you here unwanted noises, can you point them out? Because you mentioned unwanted noises before but I can not identify them...

Have a good weekend!

Gert

Hi Gert!

Yes, you have almost done this lesson. smile.gif

There are a few things that need more attention.

In the first part of the lesson, be careful when you play the G chord. You tend to play this chord shorter than it is in the original lesson.

0:37 - in this spot you rushed

0:49 - unwanted string noises. Don't let the low E string be audible.

The last part is much improved than last time. Also, the final strike is played on the right bit. Take care of:
1:03 - focus on not losing the pitch of the bend when you make the vibrato.

1:07 - the first bend has the pitch too high.

Now the next step is up to you. smile.gif You have two options:

1. You can try to polish the final part more until it will sound better and post a few more takes (1 - 2) in practice room.

2. You can prepare the take for REC. The grade will depend on how well you can fix all the things that I pointed out in my feedback. Every detail will matter in the REC (the timing, the length of the notes, pitch of the bends, any tiny unwanted noise and also the attitude). Judging after the level of the lesson for your today take your grade is somewhere between 6-7. A few more days of practice and I'm sure you can raise your grade. wink.gif

Let me know what you choose (1 or 2). smile.gif

You did great work today!!! I'm proud of you!!!

Have a great day!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Jul 2 2023, 11:07 AM
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Jul 1 2023, 09:31 AM) *
Hi Gert!

Yes, you have almost done this lesson. smile.gif

There are a few things that need more attention.

In the first part of the lesson, be careful when you play the G chord. You tend to play this chord shorter than it is in the original lesson.

0:37 - in this spot you rushed

0:49 - unwanted string noises. Don't let the low E string be audible.

The last part is much improved than last time. Also, the final strike is played on the right bit. Take care of:
1:03 - focus on not losing the pitch of the bend when you make the vibrato.

1:07 - the first bend has the pitch too high.

Now the next step is up to you. smile.gif You have two options:

1. You can try to polish the final part more until it will sound better and post a few more takes (1 - 2) in practice room.

2. You can prepare the take for REC. The grade will depend on how well you can fix all the things that I pointed out in my feedback. Every detail will matter in the REC (the timing, the length of the notes, pitch of the bends, any tiny unwanted noise and also the attitude). Judging after the level of the lesson for your today take your grade is somewhere between 6-7. A few more days of practice and I'm sure you can raise your grade. wink.gif

Let me know what you choose (1 or 2). smile.gif

You did great work today!!! I'm proud of you!!!

Have a great day!

Hi again Monica,

I choose number 1 because I think I can polish it a little more before putting it into REC.

But you know my meaning about the REC and the grades. It's more important to master the technique then getting a high grade in REC. Of course I will always try to get a good grade in REC but that's not my primary objective wink.gif

So you can expect a new take in the practise room. Should be thursday or friday...

Cheers,
Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 2 2023, 12:46 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jul 2 2023, 10:07 AM) *
Hi again Monica,

I choose number 1 because I think I can polish it a little more before putting it into REC.

But you know my meaning about the REC and the grades. It's more important to master the technique then getting a high grade in REC. Of course I will always try to get a good grade in REC but that's not my primary objective wink.gif

So you can expect a new take in the practise room. Should be thursday or friday...

Cheers,
Gert

I had the feeling that you would choose number 1. biggrin.gif This is the thinking of a winner!!!

You are awesome and I'm very proud of you!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Jul 7 2023, 02:29 PM
Hi Monica,

A new take on the AC/DC lesson.

I have polished it a little bit more. The G-chord should be ok now and the ending sounds better I think.

Are there some more details that need to be attfended before putting it into REC?

Quick edit: The video refuses to play. But I see that my other video's also don't play. So maybe it's something with the website of GMC? When you copy the link then it works...

Cheers,
Gert

This post has been edited by Gert1973: Jul 7 2023, 03:19 PM

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 7 2023, 03:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jul 7 2023, 01:29 PM) *
Hi Monica,

A new take on the AC/DC lesson.

I have polished it a little bit more. The G-chord should be ok now and the ending sounds better I think.

Are there some more details that need to be attfended before putting it into REC?

Quick edit: The video refuses to play. But I see that my other video's also don't play. So maybe it's something with the website of GMC? When you copy the link then it works...

Cheers,
Gert

Hi Gert!

On my side, your video works. Maybe it's an issue with your browser.

Be careful of timing in the first part and don't hurry.

0:42 - 0:57 - review the tab!!! You do not play the G chord correctly. Why are your ring and pinky finger in the air doing nothing? laugh.gif
Also be careful, in this particular section, how you play the other chords to not let unwanted strings be heard.

1:03 - you started this bend correctly but at the end of it you are higher with the pitch.

1:16 - the bend from the last strike doesn't have a perfect pitch.

I think you arrived at a limit with this lesson. We don't have many differences between takes. You gave the best of you and other details will appear in your playing in time. wink.gif

You can prepare the REC take. But please...pay attention to all the things that I pointed out. You can't have not even a chord played in the wrong way.
Be careful of muting, pitch bends, timing and have a very rock attitude (this can bring you one more point to your grade). smile.gif

Have a great evening!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Jul 11 2023, 02:57 PM
Hello Monica,

Another REC day today! This time on this rocking AC/DC lesson. I have tried to fix all the issues you pointed out in the last feedback in this take... including the rock attitude laugh.gif

This is the take I want to put in REC, as I don't think I can improve it anymore...

What does the Romanian jury thinks? laugh.gif

Cheers,
Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 11 2023, 03:13 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jul 11 2023, 01:57 PM) *
Hello Monica,

Another REC day today! This time on this rocking AC/DC lesson. I have tried to fix all the issues you pointed out in the last feedback in this take... including the rock attitude laugh.gif

This is the take I want to put in REC, as I don't think I can improve it anymore...

What does the Romanian jury thinks? laugh.gif

Cheers,
Gert

Hi Gert!

Yessss!!!!! You made my day!!! smile.gif That's the perfect take for the REC. Huuuge congrats!!! smile.gif

There are a few tiny spots in the middle part where I can hear some unwanted strings ringing and a tiny slip of the pitch on the last bends....but I really don't care. You really rock!!! That's a perfect attitude for the stage!!! I'm very, very, very proud of you!!!!

You can post this awesome take in REC!!! smile.gif

Have a great day!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Jul 11 2023, 03:41 PM
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Jul 11 2023, 03:13 PM) *
Hi Gert!

Yessss!!!!! You made my day!!! smile.gif That's the perfect take for the REC. Huuuge congrats!!! smile.gif

There are a few tiny spots in the middle part where I can hear some unwanted strings ringing and a tiny slip of the pitch on the last bends....but I really don't care. You really rock!!! That's a perfect attitude for the stage!!! I'm very, very, very proud of you!!!!

You can post this awesome take in REC!!! smile.gif

Have a great day!

Aaaaaah.... thank you Monica! This is a very good day laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I will post it now...

It just came to my mind though.... this is my first REC take this year cool.gif

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Jul 11 2023, 05:27 PM
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jul 11 2023, 03:41 PM) *
Aaaaaah.... thank you Monica! This is a very good day laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I will post it now...

I put this lesson into REC and the server goes down!! Must be a hell of a take!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 11 2023, 06:08 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jul 11 2023, 02:41 PM) *

I will post it now...

Yes, it's the first take this year, but it always matters the quality not the quantity. wink.gif You worked hard and the result it's really awesome!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jul 11 2023, 04:27 PM) *
I put this lesson into REC and the server goes down!! Must be a hell of a take!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Hahaha.....it's a hell of a take!!! laugh.gif I had the luck and I succeeded in giving you the grade in REC before the power problem of the hosting provider. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 09:11 PM