Publishing Music-copyright Law, What to do if you want to protect your rights
ItsMe
Nov 23 2009, 10:03 AM
GMC:er
Hi guys,

Hope you are all well and practising hard.
I got a little question for the professionals and people with copyright law experience here.
I worked hard on my songwriting and singing skills (still bad) and recorded a little EP with acoustic songs (not really the kind of music people like on GMC so I rather don't upload here). I didn't really think of publishing it in any way but did send it out as a demo to get some small acoustic gigs in bars . Which actually worked. smile.gif Now, somebody working at a local, free radio station liked one of my songs and asked me if they can play it on some show they run for promoting local newcomers. Would be great. Only problem is that I need a label code (LC) on the CD because thats what they want to make shure that they don't play unlicensed material. But the stuff I recorded is def. too bad to get published by any real label. Means there will never be a CD with a LC on it unless I set up a label myself. So I gave up on that. But nevertheless I decided that I at least want to protect my rights .
I moved back to Germany so what I am looking for is some info about the steps you need to take to publish music here.
I definetly don't want to become a member of the GVL or GEMA since this doesn't make any sense from a financial point of view.
So the question is if I can publish my music on any of the internet platforms for musicians like Musik today.org to at least protect my rights. Or is it enough to seal my self burned CD in some envelope and send it to myself and store it somewhere (I heard that works). Another questions is if I can sell self burned CDs at gigs ?

Thanks for you help

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ItsMe: Nov 23 2009, 10:08 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:26 PM