Danelectro Fab Pedals - Good Or Garbage?
Gaelan
Apr 15 2007, 11:04 PM
GMC:er
Heya All!

I was at a local shop the other day and saw some Danelectro FAB pedals on sale. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these.

the site for them with audio samples can be found at http://www.danelectro.com/fab1.htm

I am looking for some pedals on a tight budget and any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thanks much!

G

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
wanna save more money for gear?
Check out the site your cell phone company doesn't want you to see!
http://www.gaelansplace.info
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gaelan
Apr 20 2007, 02:23 AM
alrighty

I bit the bullet and bought a Danelectro FAB Echo pedal.

short review....

Nice tone and effect
Very easy to toggle on and off
Looks and sounds cool

However...

Dirty dirty dirty

while it sounds great, it adds a ton of noise to the line. My almost silent GRG170DX sounds like a power transformer when the pedal is in the line. I'd hate to see how much noise one gets with a full set set up **winces**

for 27 bucks though and home practice... it'll probably do the trick for those on a budget.

G

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
chainsbroken
Apr 20 2007, 05:05 AM
tried them, and hated them biggrin.gif

--------------------
Deano

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 20 2007, 12:10 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Gaelan @ Apr 20 2007, 03:23 AM) *
sounds like a power transformer when the pedal is in the line

Do you aleady run it on battery (which doesn't add hum and noice)?

+Quote Post
Gaelan
Apr 20 2007, 03:40 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 20 2007, 05:10 AM) *
Do you aleady run it on battery (which doesn't add hum and noice)?

yep run it on a battery. I am still fiddling around to see if it's the pedal itself or if it's one of the patch cables. I suspect that the elcheapo patch cable I had in the line might be part of the culprit. Just gotta wait till payday. going to grab the FAB OD pedal and a 2nd quality cable and see what happens on payday and see if it hums the same way.

Overall I can live with the hum, for what I paid..., I am not going to be too fussy, what can one expect for 27 bucks? ( 15 to 19 bucks US) I'm just surprised the depth and range of the effect is as good as it is. These will be a good addition to my son's rig when I finally find one for him... THEN I'll go to better gear meself

All the best!

G.

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Apr 21 2007, 06:01 AM
I own the Overdrive pedal. Its ok, took away my strat tone a little bit. I was hoping to use it for blues but it was bad at that so I just use it to boost up my lead. Its cool combining metal muff and fab overdrive going through a strat, it has that hard rock blues tone on it.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Rock
Apr 21 2007, 06:21 AM
QUOTE (Gaelan @ Apr 20 2007, 03:40 PM) *
yep run it on a battery. I am still fiddling around to see if it's the pedal itself or if it's one of the patch cables. I suspect that the elcheapo patch cable I had in the line might be part of the culprit. Just gotta wait till payday. going to grab the FAB OD pedal and a 2nd quality cable and see what happens on payday and see if it hums the same way.

Overall I can live with the hum, for what I paid..., I am not going to be too fussy, what can one expect for 27 bucks? ( 15 to 19 bucks US) I'm just surprised the depth and range of the effect is as good as it is. These will be a good addition to my son's rig when I finally find one for him... THEN I'll go to better gear meself

All the best!

G.

I decided to spend a few more bucks and go with a good Boss pedal. They are about $100US new, but I know you can find them used for around $30 on Ebay. It may be well worth going used, you will get much better quality.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:14 AM