Xbox360 Rock Band/guitar Hero 3 Compatibility Question
purple hayes
Jul 15 2008, 06:27 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero

I've got an Xbox 360 and Guitar Hero III. I'd like to get Rock Band now and then possibly upgrade to Rock Band 2 down the road.

Will my guitar from GH3 work on Rock Band? Will the instruments I buy for Rock Band (I'm assuming it comes with guitar, mic and drums) work for Rock Band 2?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Jul 15 2008, 07:34 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Jul 15 2008, 10:27 AM) *
I've got an Xbox 360 and Guitar Hero III. I'd like to get Rock Band now and then possibly upgrade to Rock Band 2 down the road.

Will my guitar from GH3 work on Rock Band? Will the instruments I buy for Rock Band (I'm assuming it comes with guitar, mic and drums) work for Rock Band 2?

I am not sure if you will get an answer here at GMC, as most of us real guitarists don't play those games - I would assume because it is really nothing like really playing guitar, and secondly, would problably be couterproductive to how to play a real guitar.

I could be wrong, but that's the general feel I've gotton from other guitar sites.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Jul 15 2008, 07:44 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Guitar1969 @ Jul 15 2008, 02:34 PM) *
I am not sure if you will get an answer here at GMC, as most of us real guitarists don't play those games - I would assume because it is really nothing like really playing guitar, and secondly, would problably be couterproductive to how to play a real guitar.

I could be wrong, but that's the general feel I've gotton from other guitar sites.

Fair enough. I have no intention of giving up playing real music, but I do think it would be fun to play this game that's loosely based on playing real instruments with my daughters' boyfriends when they come over because neither one of them play an instrument.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 15 2008, 07:45 PM
QUOTE (Guitar1969 @ Jul 15 2008, 07:34 PM) *

There was no need for this answer really. I love playing real guitar but I also love playing Guitar Hero at parties with my mates who don't play guitar. It's great fun.

As for the question I'm really not sure. Someone on the site will know though.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Jul 15 2008, 08:01 PM
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Jul 15 2008, 11:44 AM) *
Fair enough. I have no intention of giving up playing real music, but I do think it would be fun to play this game that's loosely based on playing real instruments with my daughters' boyfriends when they come over because neither one of them play an instrument.

I hear you - Wit hthat being said, I thought I have read somewhere where they have tried to make them incompatible for obvious reasons, but there are people who have figured out how to hack them. You might want to go on Google or Gamespot.com and search under Rock band Controller hacks etc - I have found people have hacked almost everything imaginable these days, considering how everything is global now.

Good luck

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jul 15 2008, 11:45 AM) *
There was no need for this answer really. I love playing real guitar but I also love playing Guitar Hero at parties with my mates who don't play guitar. It's great fun.

As for the question I'm really not sure. Someone on the site will know though.

I wasn't trying to come across as condescending (Sorry if I did)

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:22 PM