Gmc Lesson Planner, New functionality / work in progress
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 28 2022, 10:18 PM
GMC Founder
Hi guys,

Recently I have been working hard on a new site functionality - and I would like to share the work-in-progress with you.

The idea with the Lesson Planner is to bridge the gap between stand-alone lessons and our courses. Also I hope we will be able to use it in the forum mentoring as well.

This solution is still basic & raw, but as always it's really cool (and important) to get your spontaneous thoughts and feedback along the way.

If we can get this right, I see a lot of potential in expanding on the amount of packages and integrating it more tightly with our lessons.

Check it out here:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/planner/

The first two options are different from the last one. All of them allow you to build a custom plan which you can save, share or bookmark.

NB Does not work on phones yet

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Sep 12 2022, 10:19 AM
Reason for edit: removed alpha version

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 29 2022, 12:33 AM
GMC:er
Looks like it's going to be a very cool addition!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 29 2022, 11:54 AM
Learning Tone Master
That's a really great idea!!! I like that the last option allows you to choose between "Load more" or "I need easier lessons". smile.gif

There is only one little thing that I would personally change there. When you press on "Looking for a specific style / technique", besides the search suggestions like "blues", "rhythm", "arpeggios" etc, you have written "corner". I did not understand (of course I had a hunch smile.gif ) what the "corner" category meant until I did not press on it. Maybe it would be better if you would call it "beginner's corner" (or somehow more intuitive). In this way, everybody will understand from the start what will be found there without being forced to check it.
Kris, this is just a thought, a tiny detail that caught my attention. wink.gif Being a new site functionality, I try to analyze it from the point of view of a student who sees the site for the first time.

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Aug 29 2022, 12:07 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 29 2022, 12:55 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Aug 29 2022, 12:54 PM) *
That's a really great idea!!! I like that the last option allows you to choose between "Load more" or "I need easier lessons". smile.gif

There is only one little thing that I would personally change there. When you press on "Looking for a specific style / technique", besides the search suggestions like "blues", "rhythm", "arpeggios" etc, you have written "corner". I did not understand (of course I had a hunch smile.gif ) what the "corner" category meant until I did not press on it. Maybe it would be better if you would call it "beginner's corner" (or somehow more intuitive). In this way, everybody will understand from the start what will be found there without being forced to check it.
Kris, this is just a thought, a tiny detail that caught my attention. wink.gif Being a new site functionality, I try to analyze it from the point of view of a student who sees the site for the first time.

Awesome to get your feedback Monica!

Great catch, I have now filtered out "corner" - so please let me know if it disappeared for you. Those tags are personal so I can't see what you see.

Also, they are search suggestions, you can search for anything you want (maybe I should clarify that somehow)

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 29 2022, 01:33 AM) *
Looks like it's going to be a very cool addition!!

Yes I hope to expand this so it becomes a useful tool 😁

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 29 2022, 01:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 29 2022, 11:55 AM) *
Awesome to get your feedback Monica!

Great catch, I have now filtered out "corner" - so please let me know if it disappeared for you. Those tags are personal so I can't see what you see).

Also, they are just search suggestions, you can search for anything you want. (maybe I should clarify that somehow)

Yes, now it has disappeared.

Don't worry, I think it's already obvious that we can search there for anything we want, but sometimes curiosity makes us press on suggestions. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 29 2022, 01:53 PM
GMC Founder
Hehe, yes that was the plan 😁

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 29 2022, 02:23 PM
Instructor
Hey Kris! That's a great addition! Well done!!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Aug 29 2022, 02:23 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Sep 10 2022, 07:45 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Kris

it's a very cool idea.
it should be more simple to find a lesson adapted.

+Quote Post
FreePizza
Sep 10 2022, 01:21 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I really like this, Kris. Very intuitive!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 12 2022, 10:11 AM
GMC Founder
Awesome you guys like it!

I see a lot of potential in this one - and I have already started experimenting with GMC "packages" like this one:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/planner/?...;planFinished=1

If you have some lessons which have taught you a lot and you think deserve extra attention - we could put new packages together here - and then I could create a package gallery somewhere on the site!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mattt
Sep 18 2022, 09:53 AM
GMC:er
Looks good needs work. For instance the search feature isn't great. I like the idea though. Also it would be good if the pre made things went from beginner through to ridiculous. If i can play everything in a pack it needs to go further because im pretty crap. The guy that can pull off a couple of flashy things but is far from great, sure they should start easy but never finish that way. sure the first thing can be 2 but lets finish on 11 with a monster lick thats like a right of passage, a black belt so to speak. Great potential though.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 18 2022, 05:17 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Mattt @ Sep 18 2022, 10:53 AM) *
Looks good needs work. For instance the search feature isn't great. I like the idea though. Also it would be good if the pre made things went from beginner through to ridiculous. If i can play everything in a pack it needs to go further because im pretty crap. The guy that can pull off a couple of flashy things but is far from great, sure they should start easy but never finish that way. sure the first thing can be 2 but lets finish on 11 with a monster lick thats like a right of passage, a black belt so to speak. Great potential though.

Awesome to hear from you Matt! This idea needs more user input before it can become truly good.

Can you please give me some details on what you found missing with the search and I will see what I can do.

About the level of the pre-made stuff, are you referring to the "packages" I have put together so far?
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/lesson-packages/

And are you saying you need more intermediate packages? If so, I agree and I am happy to announce it's in the making

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 20 2022, 09:35 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks again for the feedback Matt, I have added two new packages here (Yngwie & Sweeping):

And also three more planner templates here:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/planner/

More requests are appreciated 🤗

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 22 2022, 09:34 AM
GMC Founder
I have added two more packages which I found really cool and different:

Guitar slapper:

Legato-man:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 22 2022, 11:39 PM
GMC Founder
Another update here is that many of the packages now include "KEY CONCEPTS" - and you can also add them by yourself when designing or editing a plan.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 05:38 PM