Solo Rhythm
steve25
Jun 22 2008, 11:59 PM
GMC:er
Ok so my soloing sucks it has done for a while but it's getting better slowly. There's one thing that i really lack though and that is rhythm in my solos. Of course the backing track is the rhythm of the solo part but my solos always sound like i'm just passing over the top rather than actually being in the track if you know what i mean. I went for a lesson with a guitar teacher today which i haven't done in ages and he confirmed that my solo rhythm is bad.

He gave my a few excersises to do to help this but to be honest i feel confused. Because he can hear it straight away when i'm not properly with the track or as he puts it listening to the rhythm of it. Now the excersises are very simple, just playing 1 note at a time with the beat but after that, then what? I mean when i listen to all the complicated solos i think well that's not out of rhythm at all but obviously mine must be really bad but its hard for me to tell but i know it is wrong. So how can i improve on this, what excersises can i do etc? Cheers for any help

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:10 AM