2 Pages V  < 1 2  
I Could Use Some Advice..., Guitar Rig 3.
Gilmore
Dec 1 2008, 04:25 PM
GMC:er
I will try that, thanks alot Dejan. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Dec 1 2008, 04:31 PM
Instructor
You're welcome smile.gif

I went through all these problems myself, I hope I can be of help biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 2 2008, 12:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gilmore @ Dec 1 2008, 03:52 PM) *
Thanks for great advices guys. smile.gif It´s working very well.

Except for one thing......I´ve installed GR3 and the plugin was installed in Steinberg/Cubase/Vst Plugins folder, where I install all my plugins, but the plugin don´t appear in the list when I press F11 in Cubase. What´s wrong??

F11 list is for VST Instruments mate. Guitar Rig 3 is not instrument, it is a VST Effects Plugin. It cannot play MIDI it only serves to process audio tracks. You can apply it in 3 ways in Cubase:

1. Insert the plug into Inserts on the audio track.
2. Make a FX Track with GR3 as Insert and Send other audio tracks to this track.
3. Apply it as a non-realtime FX plug (right click on the audio event, choose process...find GR3)

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Dec 2 2008, 09:14 AM
Thanks Ivan, I discovered this yesterday, and now everything is up and running. smile.gif I think I will now abandon the POD, the sounds from the Guitar Rig is so much more realistic, you get that creamy sounds like you get from the real tube amps, almost like the real thing, it won´t be long until one can´t hear the difference....mabye in the next version. wink.gif

I re-recorded guitars for a demo song recorded by my band, and it sounds soooo much better, like a real tubes in action. I will now do that with all of our songs. I always think it´s harder to play through an amp then using a POD or something like that, I get that same feeling with GR, and it´s a little harder to play than using POD patches. It´s a good think, keeps my playing from being sloppy at band practice. smile.gif

Another thing that is great, is when you assign GR to each track, the sound and settings will always be there and you don´t have to change all the settings if you are going to re-record something later. With the POD I always forgot what settings or patch I used, and it didn´t sound the same.

About the latency issue, if you lower the buffer size in the audio settings to 256, 128 or even 64 it will lower the latency quite alot, and you can change it to higher value again when done recording and started mixing.

This post has been edited by Gilmore: Dec 2 2008, 09:49 AM

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 2 2008, 08:29 PM
Instructor
Great mate, I'm glad you got your problem solved. I agree with you, GR3 is awesome, lot's of cool stuff to play with. Can be a bit noisy, but if you stick to simple setups it really behaves well.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Dec 2 2008, 09:41 PM
Tube amps are noisy. wink.gif But there is a noise suppressor in GR and it works great. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saint
Dec 7 2008, 09:23 AM
QUOTE (Gilmore @ Dec 2 2008, 09:41 PM) *
Tube amps are noisy. wink.gif But there is a noise suppressor in GR and it works great. smile.gif

Could you please post a video how it sounds with recording?

Because I'm going to buy a soundcard.
I'm really new to soundcards.

If you have time, I mean.

Thanks,

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:56 PM