Guys With V-guitars, Please Look Here!, Comfortable to sit?
mhskeide
Feb 19 2009, 11:39 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
In my quest for a new shredaxe, the Jackson RR5 has crossed my mind

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/pro...duct=2913002877

My question, is it comfortable to sit and play with for hours? I`m already kinda used to play on the "classic way" with the guitar resting on the left foot... but haven`t tried it out with a V guitar.

Because except from that issue...I think I`m in love with the guitar. Stringthrough, neckthrough, SD humbuckers, AWESOME finish and a body that really demands attention! Also...I don`t know, but believes that the neck is a bit thin and great for blazin leads (even if I`m not capable of playing that yet biggrin.gif )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ZakkWylde
Feb 19 2009, 11:47 PM
Learning Tone Master
It's a great guitar! I'Ve played it and loved it besides the old school look but hey to each their own.
The Neck is thin but not as thin as an Ibanez Wizard Neck; Jackson Necks are very comfortable!

If you're comfortable with the 'classic' way playing then it's no problem, the V shape fits on your right leg and therefore stays in the classic position without even having to hold the guitar. My Flying V plays so comfortable in that position that I can't play my les paul in a normal way anymore...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:08 PM