2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Another Amp Hunting Thread: Help Needed!, Small Watt Amp / Head / Preamp
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 8 2009, 12:43 PM
Instructor
I believe it has to do with the speakers as well. I'm not sure if the 10" combo speaker from Vox can deliver the total amount of loudness that amp is pushing through. Possibly some more efficienet speaker/cab would do the job.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 8 2009, 12:54 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 8 2009, 01:43 PM) *
I believe it has to do with the speakers as well. I'm not sure if the 10" combo speaker from Vox can deliver the total amount of loudness that amp is pushing through. Possibly some more efficienet speaker/cab would do the job.

Blackstar also has a 10" speaker. But the Blackstar "box" is a bit bigger, which perhaps adds, to some extent. I also played the Blackstar through a 4x12 which gives a larger anf wider sound. Though I think the 1x10" is just a perfect match for that amp.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 10 2009, 09:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 8 2009, 01:54 PM) *
Blackstar also has a 10" speaker. But the Blackstar "box" is a bit bigger, which perhaps adds, to some extent. I also played the Blackstar through a 4x12 which gives a larger anf wider sound. Though I think the 1x10" is just a perfect match for that amp.

Yes, I agree, could be the box and the speakers, box needs to be bigger and speakers more sensitive. I haven't tried the Blackstar ministack, but I've tried the small white Vox 4W combo, it is good but the shear size I think is something that is limiting loudness to some extent. There is head+cab model of the same amp I believe with 12" speaker if I'm not mistaken..

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:15 AM