3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Video Download Speed
mattacuk
May 9 2007, 11:55 AM
Lets go fishing!
Hey dudes,
Is anyone experiencing extremely slow video download speeds? Ive tested my line and its running a true 2Meg speed. Everything is running fast accept the vids, any ideas???

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 9 2007, 01:26 PM
GMC:er
Yes, I have to agree. The loading times is a bit annoying even though I'm on fiber. I've seen some others with this issue lately too.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 9 2007, 01:40 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (blindwillie @ May 9 2007, 01:26 PM) *
Yes, I have to agree. The loading times is a bit annoying even though I'm on fiber. I've seen some others with this issue lately too.

Thanks for your response. At least its not just me! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
FmX
May 9 2007, 01:57 PM
I have this problem BIG TIME. really annoying, but late nights / early mornings ( Swedish time) it loads ultra fast.. So I guess it's just overload.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 9 2007, 02:00 PM
GMC Founder
I have no idea what this is...there is no obvious overload on the server, I'll fire of a question to the hosting company.

--------------------

+Quote Post
brainlesswonder
May 9 2007, 03:01 PM
Everything is just dandy here in beautiful New Jersey.

+Quote Post
Bitey
May 9 2007, 05:33 PM
Well it might be their computer if you don't take care of it certain programs can slow it way the heck down. I am fine for video's and what not.

+Quote Post
Henrik Skotth
May 10 2007, 04:14 PM
GMC Tech & Community Manager
The reason for these problems is as follows:

The datacenter in which we have the GMC servers is located in the US, and the connection between this datacenter and Europe is not one with a very high priority. For most European broadband ISP:s, this isn't a problem since they themselves have redundant bandwidth over the atlantic, and have chosen to use that to communicate with the networks that the GMC servers are using. For a few ISP:s however (including Telia in sweden, which I use at the moment), this connection isn't a priority (obviously their managers aren't guitar players wink.gif ). This means that whenever I or anyone else of you who are having problems get something sent to us from GMC, our data has to wait in line until a lot of other (higher priority) data has passed. That's why it's slow.

We do, of course, have a solution to this though (we are, after all, mighty super heroes), which will hopefully roll out in the coming weeks. So stay with us and stay tuned - change is coming!

--------------------
Tech manager @ GMC

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 10 2007, 04:42 PM
Lets go fishing!
Fabulous response! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 10 2007, 04:48 PM
QUOTE (Henrik Skotth @ May 10 2007, 05:14 PM) *
For a few ISP:s however (including Telia in sweden, which I use at the moment), this connection isn't a priority (obviously their managers aren't guitar players wink.gif ).

YAAARRRGH! Why me!
I'm not sure about your last conclusion. An extensive investigation amongst the members of GMC indicates that ALL computer-related people plays guitar! Might be that Telia put the QoS hex on their customers so Telia-technicians get the videos in good speed themselves.

We do, of course, have a solution to this though (we are, after all, mighty super heroes), which will hopefully roll out in the coming weeks. So stay with us and stay tuned - change is coming!

Yey! \o/
Thanks for caring to investigate the matter and giving a serious and plausible reason.

(Also known as the guy who doesn't own a guitar, but likes to hang out at GMC anyway)

Buy this guy a guitar! I'm sure we will see some REAL improvements of the site then wink.gif

--------------------

Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
FmX
May 10 2007, 05:39 PM
text

Thank god, I am unfortunate enough to have Telia myself laugh.gif
Thanks for the update.

+Quote Post
Henrik Skotth
May 10 2007, 08:47 PM
QUOTE (FmX @ May 10 2007, 06:39 PM) *
Thank god, I am unfortunate enough to have Telia myself laugh.gif
Thanks for the update.

I'm changing to a fiber line at the office soon though, really looking forward to that cool.gif

But when I told Kris that, he said that I'm not a real man unless I have a connection that's 100Mbit both upstream and downstream sad.gif

--------------------
Tech manager @ GMC

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 10 2007, 10:31 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Henrik Skotth @ May 10 2007, 09:47 PM) *
But when I told Kris that, he said that I'm not a real man unless I have a connection that's 100Mbit both upstream and downstream sad.gif

You bet! Not to mention self-operating lawn mowers! tongue.gif blink.gif biggrin.gif

Real men cut their grass with pure, brutal force wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeff
May 10 2007, 11:00 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 10 2007, 10:31 PM) *
You bet! Not to mention self-operating lawn mowers! tongue.gif blink.gif biggrin.gif

Yeah - and a lot of beer. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 11 2007, 03:29 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (blindwillie @ May 10 2007, 11:48 AM) *
ALL computer-related people plays guitar! Might be that Telia put the QoS hex on their customers so Telia-technicians get the videos in good speed themselves.

This is absolutely true!

I have been away on business for the last 2 days. We met with a customer (who plays bass and drums, and has a recording studio). With me was the account sales manager (Who has a strat and several acoustincs and a recording studio), and a new Sales Engineer I am training (who has a strat and several other guitars and a recording studio).

The worst of it was, I told the new guy I wanted a Jem because Pavel has got me lusting after them and the unspeakable son of a gun went out and bought one for himself last weekend!!!!!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
brainlesswonder
May 11 2007, 05:29 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 10 2007, 05:31 PM) *

Shit, I just walk out on my deck and stare the grass down.

+Quote Post
Henrik Skotth
May 11 2007, 07:44 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 10 2007, 11:31 PM) *

What's good about Rosa (the self operating lawn mower tongue.gif ), is that i can tell my fiancee "I'll go and cut the grass for a few hours", and when just sit back on the verandah drinking bear and watching as Rosa does the work. "Sorry honey, I'm busy, can't do the dishes right now - I'm mowing the lawn" biggrin.gif

Besides, Kris, you don't t even HAVE a lawn... what does that make you? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Tech manager @ GMC

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 11 2007, 08:32 AM
Instructor
Ok i noticed something about video loading speed. Sometimes it loads very fast and sometimes it's a turtle speed. I guess it has something to do with the number of students at GMC at certain time like - server overload or server free. I wonder what internet speed do you guys have...

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 11 2007, 08:43 AM
QUOTE (Henrik Skotth @ May 11 2007, 08:44 AM) *
Besides, Kris, you don't t even HAVE a lawn... what does that make you? rolleyes.gif

Ahaha! Busted.

You are involved in some interesting sites smile.gif
I tried to figure out what the domainname for the weddingsite actually said but I didn't get it until I clicked it smile.gif

--------------------

Ibanez 2550z

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Henrik Skotth
May 11 2007, 09:15 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ May 11 2007, 09:32 AM) *
Ok i noticed something about video loading speed. Sometimes it loads very fast and sometimes it's a turtle speed. I guess it has something to do with the number of students at GMC at certain time like - server overload or server free. I wonder what internet speed do you guys have...

Actually, most of the time the server doesn't have that high a load, so that shouldn't be it. It most likely depends on the usage of the differnet lines that cross the atlantic.

Anyway, it should get better real soon!

--------------------
Tech manager @ GMC

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:07 AM