Shadow Race, Yey! New song done
Trond Vold
May 6 2010, 06:48 PM
Instructor
Hi guys! I put up a early version of this one in another thread, but since it turned into a whole different song.. i thought it was suitable for a different thread smile.gif

Well.. it might not be 100% yet, there's a solo missing from 03.50 to 04.30. Cant decide on what to put there yet, so decided to leave it blank for now smile.gif For now there's just a solo at the end.

Also, the fadeout at the end might be too abrupt.

Might also add more synths to parts that sound a bit empty without.
But.. the structure and arrangement should be complete smile.gif

Attached File  Shadow_Race.mp3 ( 7.34MB ) Number of downloads: 281

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: May 6 2010, 06:50 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
May 6 2010, 07:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ May 6 2010, 10:48 AM) *
Hi guys! I put up a early version of this one in another thread, but since it turned into a whole different song.. i thought it was suitable for a different thread smile.gif

Well.. it might not be 100% yet, there's a solo missing from 03.50 to 04.30. Cant decide on what to put there yet, so decided to leave it blank for now smile.gif For now there's just a solo at the end.

Also, the fadeout at the end might be too abrupt.

Might also add more synths to parts that sound a bit empty without.
But.. the structure and arrangement should be complete smile.gif

Attached File  Shadow_Race.mp3 ( 7.34MB ) Number of downloads: 281

That was awesome Trond! In another thread I was asking about tone, and I like your rythem tone and am wondering what you're using to achieve it?

I like the solo at the end - I'm thinking you shouldn't fade out so quickly like you said - the solo has a "hook feature", it kind of gets your attention like "ok, here we go - hold on!", but then it fades out. Let it ride a while and end on 2 crash beats! bam bam!, no fade wink.gif

well that's where my ears led me anyways wink.gif
great job!
Christian A.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Artemus
May 6 2010, 07:40 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Great stuff! I've always enjoyed your tunes Trond.
Carrying on from what Christian mentioned, the solo at the end works great but because of the progression, it has a voice and momentum to it, so the fade out seems to end something that seems to be in mid flow. I think that a fade out would work but once the solo has done it's bit. A fade out over something repetitive that doesn't go anywhere in particular; then the ear is almost expecting it to fade out.
Nonetheless, as always, I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this. And yeah, that tone is perfect!

This post has been edited by Artemus: May 6 2010, 07:41 PM

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 6 2010, 07:52 PM
Instructor
Thanks guys! Yea, the fadeout needs to be fixed! smile.gif I thought it was a good idea at first.. but now i kinda regret doing that smile.gif

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ May 6 2010, 08:15 PM) *
That was awesome Trond! In another thread I was asking about tone, and I like your rythem tone and am wondering what you're using to achieve it?

For the rhythmtracks i used the following chain:
Schecter Stilletto Classic -> JMP1 preamp -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> R3FX Cab Simulator -> Soundcard.

For the solotracks i used a Gibson Les Paul instead of the Schecter. Managed to give the tracks a more seperate tone that way without altering any settings on the amp/simulator.

But I use a EQ on the whole project in Cubase, and that might affect the regular tone by some degrees. Not much, but it clears some mids.
For delays, i use the built in cubase delay. It lacks alot of features, but it's so easy to get right and sounds good. Also very cpu-friendly smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
thefireball
May 7 2010, 12:26 AM
Learning Roadie
yeah i agree as well about the fade out....that was almost like a trailer for a movie...or a "we will be right back after these messages."

haha! I hope you are going to use that solo - or something similiar - in the final piece, cuz i love it!

that's cool that you used your Les Paul for the solo! - if i read the above correctly. tongue.gif

I smiled whenever i heard the opening. I wondered what song you had worked on and posted...Shadow Race is a cool name! And cool is in the shade of the shadows! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
May 7 2010, 02:48 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Turned out really awesome man! smile.gif I agree with other that the ending should be different or fix the fade.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 7 2010, 08:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (thefireball @ May 7 2010, 01:26 AM) *
that was almost like a trailer for a movie

Trond, awesome song man, it rocks tongue.gif What thefireball said might be a really cool idea, why don't you send some demos to some tv stations? This is a cool song for some heavy tv programms tongue.gif You get paid for every broadcast if they really want your music, so it's good money smile.gif

Do you sell your music? because this is killer tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:18 PM