Poweramp, Marshall? Mesa Boogie?
del-4fr53e3
Jun 17 2009, 10:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey!

I want a change in my gear. I'm currently running a BOSS GT-PRO into a Randall RH300G3, using the Randall head as a poweramp.
Now, I was thinking of getting a Sansamp PSA 1.1 as a preamp, and perhaps a G-Major for effects. Then the question, what do I put as a poweramp? I've been looking at Marshall 20/20, and Mesa 50/50, but I have really no knowledge or experience when it comes to poweramps.
I can tell you I want something versatile and something loud enough for a band situation, and still fine in a bedroom. I play everying from jazz fusion to metal (I love jazz fusion etc, but I'm in a metal band). I'm not the gear kind of guy, and I don't want to sit with knobs all day, which is basically why I want to change my gear away from the GT-PRO. If you have any tips on preamps, effects, poweramps or anything concering rack or the like, I'm eager to listen smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Jun 17 2009, 10:46 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:23 PM