15 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Skennington, Uploads and Discussion
skennington
Apr 4 2009, 09:58 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
What's going on Jeff? Hope all has been well for you and yours. smile.gif Sorry for such a hiatus but been quite busy lately as you might have guessed. Thought I would throw up something and boy, I can tell I haven't made a vid in a while.. laugh.gif

Hit the button and still couldn't play it clean and this one is at 55 bpm. So still a few plub's but I'm getting close to full speed at 72 bpm smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Apr 5 2009, 02:18 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Steve this is great man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You rhythm / timing is right on. You played it very clean and it sounds great. You had the mess up at the end but I can tell it was the cameras fault and not yours. You should be very proud of yourself.

Practice it like this at 55 and work on a wider vibrato for a few of the longer notes. I see a REC upload in your future. wink.gif

This made my night. smile.gif Great work!!

EDIT: I like your new pratice room.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Apr 5 2009, 02:19 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 5 2009, 05:31 PM
Thanks man. smile.gif I'll work on the wider vibrato too. The practice room is still the same, just turned my desk around so you don't see all the clutter.. tongue.gif laugh.gif

Later,
Steve

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Apr 16 2009, 04:39 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Steve,

Hope things are well and you had a good Easter with your family! My favorites are the Chocolate / Peanut butter eggs. tongue.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Let me know if you need anything, even a chat!

I'm here for you smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Apr 16 2009, 05:08 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
BTW,

I looked at your last video again and have noticed something. In the part around 0.27 sec I notice you are having problems with your UP sweep picking from the small 'E' string up to the BIG 'E'. We need to learn how to paint the fence down (which you do really good) as well as UP (not so good because you go back to all down picking). Take a closer look and tell me if I'm wrong. Your AP is starting to look really nice, I like that!

What do you think? We can fix this real quick, no problem.

Let me know smile.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Apr 16 2009, 05:10 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 16 2009, 02:11 PM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Apr 15 2009, 11:39 PM) *
Hi Steve,

Hope things are well and you had a good Easter with your family! My favorites are the Chocolate / Peanut butter eggs. tongue.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Let me know if you need anything, even a chat!

I'm here for you smile.gif

I did man and those dang egg's are my weakness too! laugh.gif I think if I wwould let myself, I could eat a truck load of them... unsure.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Apr 16 2009, 12:08 AM) *
BTW,

I looked at your last video again and have noticed something. In the part around 0.27 sec I notice you are having problems with your UP sweep picking from the small 'E' string up to the BIG 'E'. We need to learn how to paint the fence down (which you do really good) as well as UP (not so good because you go back to all down picking). Take a closer look and tell me if I'm wrong. Your AP is starting to look really nice, I like that!

What do you think? We can fix this real quick, no problem.

Let me know smile.gif

Yes, you are right here my friend. With the slower tempo, it had me wanting to pick the notes rather than sweeping over them. I have been practicing it at full speed and think I may have it cleaned up in a few days. I alsoo have been playing around withh different posture positions, different chair, foot stool, that sort of thing. It's funny how sometimes minor things like this can change everything. Even standing and playing, different world there... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 25 2009, 11:00 PM
what up man, been a while hasn't it. tongue.gif Had a little time today so I recorded a take on Muris' lesson at full speed. New used guitar I picked up really cheap and still working some bug's out of it. You'll notice I have yet to get the intonation exact on the B string but it's not real bad.

Anyway, have a look see and if you would agree to move on, I have a lesson I'm cmomping at the bit to get to. Hope all is well up your way..HOT down here! 89 degrees today.. Think I'll throw it up on the REC board as well.. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Apr 26 2009, 05:37 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Steve, you should be very proud of this! Your take is really good and I'm glad you uploaded to the REC

Fix the tuning with the 'B' string and you should have a winner!

We are going to move on my friend so don't you worry!

Well Done!! biggrin.gif tongue.gif smile.gif

EDIT: Nice new guitar bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the reverse headstock!

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Apr 26 2009, 07:38 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Apr 26 2009, 04:36 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
You mentioned in you post that you had a lesson you where wanting to work on.
Which one is it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 26 2009, 04:41 PM
Might be a bit over my head but I love this lesson by Ivan M.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/atmosp...olo_in_g_minor/

what cha think?

Got to head over to the neighbors for a min, be back in a bit....

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Apr 26 2009, 04:57 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Looks good!
Lets give it a go mate!
Let me know if you have questions. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 26 2009, 08:01 PM
Cool Jeff! cool.gif I'll jump right into it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 14 2009, 12:04 AM
Hey man, been awhile and I'm sorry. The REC has taken up a bit of my time on the site but just so you know, I have been practicing when I can. smile.gif

I need your help on how to work out this tricky part in Ivan's Lesson. It's video #4. It's quadruplets on 32nd note values with all picking. I can almost get it legato style but that's not how he plays it. Strict AP and you most flow with the backing to get the feel right. Any advice on how to work this part out?

I've got the rest of the lesson almost down. smile.gif

Later man,
Steve

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jun 14 2009, 04:20 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jun 13 2009, 07:04 PM) *
Hey man, been awhile and I'm sorry. The REC has taken up a bit of my time on the site but just so you know, I have been practicing when I can. smile.gif

I need your help on how to work out this tricky part in Ivan's Lesson. It's video #4. It's quadruplets on 32nd note values with all picking. I can almost get it legato style but that's not how he plays it. Strict AP and you most flow with the backing to get the feel right. Any advice on how to work this part out?

I've got the rest of the lesson almost down. smile.gif

Later man,
Steve

Nice to hear from you Steve. smile.gif I will look at it and see what I can help you with.

It might help if you upload a take of the section so I can better understand what you might be having troubles with.

Just got home tonight so I will look at thing in the morning, ok smile.gif

PS: Know problem bro! Just watched the lesson and we can get this worked out with know problem. Just upload a take of this section for me OK so I can see what I think I'm hearing.

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jun 14 2009, 04:28 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 14 2009, 04:23 PM
Will get something up for you to see as soon as I can Jeff. You know how warm weather and kids go, they want to be outside all the time. Bought something for the family to enjoy this summer... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jun 15 2009, 03:33 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif tongue.gif

Did you go on the "Price is Right" or something? I'm sure your family is enjoying this! cool.gif Are you doing any water skiing?

Congrats man! smile.gif

I'm not sure what your having problems with or how to help so upload something when you get time. It doesn't have to be a big production. Just an mp3 or short video of that section so I can get an idea of what's going on.

Cheerio Captain! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 16 2009, 04:23 AM
laugh.gif no man, bought it used. Very clean boat, 2nd owner and he is a ASE master certified mechanic so I knew the engine was looked after as well. biggrin.gif Just leisurely cruises at this point until my wife get's more familiar with driving it.

I grew up with a boat in the family, but not for her so I'm kinda easing them into it. So far, so good. biggrin.gif

I'll get an audio upload up soon so you can see where I crash in this lesson...

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jun 26 2009, 02:54 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Still need some help with that lesson Steve? I guess you have been to busy still with everything so I just wanted to check. wink.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jun 26 2009, 02:55 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 26 2009, 02:58 AM
I do man..Guitar and other wise..Been thinking about giving you a call. can you talk on the ride home tomorrow?

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jun 26 2009, 03:43 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jun 25 2009, 09:58 PM) *
I do man..Guitar and other wise..Been thinking about giving you a call. can you talk on the ride home tomorrow?

Sure thing man, that would be great! smile.gif

I'll give you a call tomorrow when I get out of the sweatshop. Hope all is well.

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:54 PM