Question For Lian Gerbino
coffeeman
May 14 2008, 05:16 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hola Lian,

I see that you have a very unique way of picking. Can you tell us about that?

Gracias.

Your lessons rock!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mark.
May 14 2008, 05:39 PM
GMC:er
Yeah I noticed that too, you hold your thumb a different way. If I hold my pick like that I cant give it much attack, cause otherwise I drop it laugh.gif

Also your lessen are great! You havent made any lesson that I didn't like or that I didn't felt motivated to learn it !
I really love your style of playing, and if I ever get a band ( which seems very unlikely now because I dont know many other musicians ) I would make the same style of music as you do ohmy.gif

See ya later,

Mark. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
May 15 2008, 06:47 PM
Instructor
oh, man! thx for the question. this is my first "ask an instructor" so i am very happy. laugh.gif

i used Dunlop u.s.a. TORTEX SHARP 1.5 mm look at the pic, i use the white one.

so, when i play, i hold my pick very very softly (when i play fast or sweeping). and i tray to reach the strings vertically.
that´s all.
when i started to play in this way, i found a cleaner sound n more pick attack.
so, if u think that it can help u, try it! wink.gif
u will find a lot of possibilities.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
coffeeman
May 15 2008, 09:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks for your answer Lian. I've been experimenting with zour technique this couple of days , but I have a lot of un wanted sound, how do I prevent that?

Since your are here at GMC , Im apreciating a lot more metal music, so gracias for zour lessons.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
May 16 2008, 12:55 AM
Instructor
you must find a palm muting position to "mute" these unwanted sounds. wink.gif
when u start with a new technique it´s too difficult, but if u practice, you will play it very well in the end.... laugh.gif wink.gif

________________________________________________________________________________

My Lessons:
Melodic Piece Here
Repetitive Sweeping here
Speed Metal Here
Dimmu Borgir Style Here
Luca Turilli Style Here

QUOTE (Mark. @ May 14 2008, 01:39 PM) *
Yeah I noticed that too, you hold your thumb a different way. If I hold my pick like that I cant give it much attack, cause otherwise I drop it laugh.gif

Also your lessen are great! You havent made any lesson that I didn't like or that I didn't felt motivated to learn it !
I really love your style of playing, and if I ever get a band ( which seems very unlikely now because I dont know many other musicians ) I would make the same style of music as you do ohmy.gif

See ya later,

Mark. smile.gif

so mark! thx so much for it!
it was very kind man! laugh.gif laugh.gif

________________________________________________________________________________

My Lessons:
Melodic Piece Here
Repetitive Sweeping here
Speed Metal Here
Dimmu Borgir Style Here
Luca Turilli Style Here

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: May 16 2008, 12:53 AM

+Quote Post
Mark.
May 17 2008, 11:47 AM
GMC:er
ohmy.gif

I also used these tortex picks for quite some time, but for me they are a little to long tongue.gif
I prefer Jazz III picks now, they have like the same pointyness but they're less long smile.gif

But I suspose that it's different for everyone, and that it's best to use what fits you best smile.gif

Mark.

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
May 17 2008, 11:56 AM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
yeah i use Jazz III dunlop too, they are really good (for me) ! but i think it's just because i'm use to it

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:36 AM