2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Winter Ballad
Gert1973
Jul 20 2023, 03:07 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Monica,

Yesterday I started studying the first video and I have problems to see what's really going on and how some notes are executed. I have tried to lower the video speed at 50% but even then it goes too fast. So I will write down underneath step by step what I think is going on in the first 2 bars:

1) Downstroke B-string 10th fret and bend up full tone (in the main video he does vibrato 6 oscillations but not in the slow video) and hold.
2) Downstroke B-string with full release (or half release? I can not see it clear) of the B-string and then bend up full tone again and bring it back down.
3) Pull of B-string 10th fret with ring finger and play note on 8th fret B-string (play note with index?)
4) The note from 8th fret to 7th fret on B-string is unclear to me how he does that. He's not picking the string so I'm guessing pull off and I think he also does a slide. But on the TAB there's not slide mentioned. This is the part I really can not see what's going on.
5) Downstrike G-string 7th fret with middle finger and slide to 9th fret + vibrato (4 oscillations)
6) Then he does a slide on G-string from 9th fret to 2nd fret without picking the G-string. But it looks like he touches the G-string with his pick?
7) Downstrike G-string index finger 2nd fret and bend twice half tone up.
8) On second bend hold and pick G-string again, release bend with pull off with index G-string
9) Downstrike D-string middle finger on 4th fret and slide to 5th fret D-string + vibrato 7 oscillations

There's a lot going on in these 2 first bars laugh.gif

I have quickly looked at the other video's 2-6 and it seems more clear how everything needs to be played.

Cheers,
Gert

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 20 2023, 04:24 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jul 20 2023, 02:07 PM) *
Hi Monica,

Yesterday I started studying the first video and I have problems to see what's really going on and how some notes are executed. I have tried to lower the video speed at 50% but even then it goes too fast. So I will write down underneath step by step what I think is going on in the first 2 bars:

1) Downstroke B-string 10th fret and bend up full tone (in the main video he does vibrato 6 oscillations but not in the slow video) and hold.
2) Downstroke B-string with full release (or half release? I can not see it clear) of the B-string and then bend up full tone again and bring it back down.
3) Pull of B-string 10th fret with ring finger and play note on 8th fret B-string (play note with index?)
4) The note from 8th fret to 7th fret on B-string is unclear to me how he does that. He's not picking the string so I'm guessing pull off and I think he also does a slide. But on the TAB there's not slide mentioned. This is the part I really can not see what's going on.
5) Downstrike G-string 7th fret with middle finger and slide to 9th fret + vibrato (4 oscillations)
6) Then he does a slide on G-string from 9th fret to 2nd fret without picking the G-string. But it looks like he touches the G-string with his pick?
7) Downstrike G-string index finger 2nd fret and bend twice half tone up.
8) On second bend hold and pick G-string again, release bend with pull off with index G-string
9) Downstrike D-string middle finger on 4th fret and slide to 5th fret D-string + vibrato 7 oscillations

There's a lot going on in these 2 first bars laugh.gif

I have quickly looked at the other video's 2-6 and it seems more clear how everything needs to be played.

Cheers,
Gert

Hi Gert!

Hahaha.....the lessons, which sound easy at first listening, are actually hard because they contain many details. laugh.gif That's the beauty. We will have some fun with this lesson. laugh.gif

I will respond to your analysis point by point. smile.gif

1. Your observation is correct.
2. We have a pre-bend there. So, go to the second bend from a half release.
3. Yes, pull off and play the second note (8th fret) with the index.
4. No pull off here. From 8th to 7th fret he makes just a slide which is not wrote in the tab.
5. Correct.
6. Correct
7. No...here (2nd fret) these bends are not half tone. You have 2 full bends with a full release between them.
8. After you hold the second bend from point no7, make a half release and go back to the pitch of the bend because you have a pre-bend here. Then release the bend with pull of made by middle finger (not index).
9. Correct.

Keep in mind that in the tab these letters mean:

b - bend
pbr - prebend
brb - bend release bend

Have a great evening!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Aug 18 2023, 03:39 PM
Hi Monica,

It took me a while to post a first take of this lesson because it needed a lot of studying and practice to get it a little bit decent to listen too laugh.gif

Although there will be many things to improve, I already really like how this take sounds. I love the sound and the vibe of this lesson very much!

It's the first time I think I have a lesson where the slow videos are not at the same speed as the lowest bpm. So it took me some time to find out the correct tempo to play everything at 40bpm

The sound that the instructor uses, is not the same as my sound. He does not give any information about the sound so I had to look for a sound that's similar. But you know that's not an easy task. I like my sound although the sound of the instructor has more bite...

Here's the take:

6: pitch is too high
12: these 2 notes (slide) need to be played faster
13: I don't know how to perform the vibrato. I think it should be a lot slower?
14: I'm still trying to find out how to make that technique where he slides back after the last note. I think it's easier when you use more gain. I use a cleaner sound. That makes it harder I guess...
17: double bend: it's much harder close to the neck. I can hear I lose pitch. So that needs more practice.
22: I think the pull of sounds good
23-46: this part is easier, but has again the slide backwards and the vibrato that needs more work
47: this bend needs to be played slower
51-56: maybe the best part of this take biggrin.gif

Ok, I await your probably very long list of issues that needs to be fixed laugh.gif

Cheers,
Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 18 2023, 05:13 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Aug 18 2023, 02:39 PM) *
Hi Monica,

It took me a while to post a first take of this lesson because it needed a lot of studying and practice to get it a little bit decent to listen too laugh.gif

Although there will be many things to improve, I already really like how this take sounds. I love the sound and the vibe of this lesson very much!

It's the first time I think I have a lesson where the slow videos are not at the same speed as the lowest bpm. So it took me some time to find out the correct tempo to play everything at 40bpm

The sound that the instructor uses, is not the same as my sound. He does not give any information about the sound so I had to look for a sound that's similar. But you know that's not an easy task. I like my sound although the sound of the instructor has more bite...

Here's the take:

6: pitch is too high
12: these 2 notes (slide) need to be played faster
13: I don't know how to perform the vibrato. I think it should be a lot slower?
14: I'm still trying to find out how to make that technique where he slides back after the last note. I think it's easier when you use more gain. I use a cleaner sound. That makes it harder I guess...
17: double bend: it's much harder close to the neck. I can hear I lose pitch. So that needs more practice.
22: I think the pull of sounds good
23-46: this part is easier, but has again the slide backwards and the vibrato that needs more work
47: this bend needs to be played slower
51-56: maybe the best part of this take biggrin.gif

Ok, I await your probably very long list of issues that needs to be fixed laugh.gif

Cheers,
Gert

Hi Gert!

It's great to hear that you like this lesson so much. smile.gif I also think it's a very beautiful lesson and every time I listen to it, it gives me a good mood.

It will be quite a hard task to match the tone for this lesson but we do not hurry. wink.gif Let's do this step by step. First of all, you need to add a little more gain in tone and a little more FX (search if you find a nice vintage reverb).
I think for FX, Sinisa used in Guitar Rig a combination between Psychedelay and Vintage Verb. I know the sound very well because I used the same combination a lot of times.

0:06 - yes, the first bend is too high. biggrin.gif

0:09 - 0:12 - you don't start this lick on a correct beat. I advise you to slowdown the main video (50%) and count the beats.
Anyway....to fit this lick at such a slow tempo, you need to count in this way:
When you start the first bend (0:06) start counting 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and on 7th play the "10 prb", on 8th play the G and F# notes (8, 7 fret). The slide from D to E starts at number 1.

0:13 - yes, the vibrato needs to be executed slower

0:14 - this backward slide after the last note should be made very slow. It's just a normal slide. Let your finger slip on the string. This point is valid for all these types of slides from your take.

0:17 - yes, you reach the pitch but you lose it. On that fret is a little harder to make the bends, but time will solve this. wink.gif

0:17 - 0:22 - wrong timing on this spot. Don't rush. When you start the bend, count 1,2,3,4,5,6, on 7th start to play the rest of the notes.

0:51 - very beautiful bend. Agree with you, it is the best part of your take. smile.gif Try just to play the rest of the notes more legato and it will be perfect.

Overall, it sounds ok for a first take. After you will play at the correct timing all the licks, things will become easier.

For next time, fix the things that I pointed out. Don't bother at this moment about the vibrato, because we will work on this after we put the playing in the good direction. wink.gif

Have a great evening!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Aug 24 2023, 03:19 PM
Hello again Monica,

A new take on the first bars of this beautiful lesson!

The counts and the main video at 50% has helped me a lot to get the timing right (or better).

0-15: timing is good after the first bend
16: I hold the bend good now
21-25: I still struggle with timing on this part. I have tried to listen and look at the main video 50% but I don't see very clear how he performs this part. After double bend I slowly let go, then pull off with my middle finger and go further with middle finger 4th fret D-string.
28: I lose a little bit strength when I do the bend here
34: this one is better I think

I have also tried to do something about the white noise, as I can hear it now. I already have a noise gate but that does not do the job entirely. I have tried to put a noise gat pedal in front of the speaker but it does nothing biggrin.gif

Let me know where I have to do some more fixing wink.gif

Have a good evening!
Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 24 2023, 05:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Aug 24 2023, 02:19 PM) *
Hello again Monica,

A new take on the first bars of this beautiful lesson!

The counts and the main video at 50% has helped me a lot to get the timing right (or better).

0-15: timing is good after the first bend
16: I hold the bend good now
21-25: I still struggle with timing on this part. I have tried to listen and look at the main video 50% but I don't see very clear how he performs this part. After double bend I slowly let go, then pull off with my middle finger and go further with middle finger 4th fret D-string.
28: I lose a little bit strength when I do the bend here
34: this one is better I think

I have also tried to do something about the white noise, as I can hear it now. I already have a noise gate but that does not do the job entirely. I have tried to put a noise gat pedal in front of the speaker but it does nothing biggrin.gif

Let me know where I have to do some more fixing wink.gif

Have a good evening!
Gert

Hi Gert!

Awesome...I'm happy that we have now fixed the timing issues. That is really great!!! smile.gif

0:21 - 0:25 - the problem is not the timing. The issue comes from the fact that in your take you played 2 pull-offs here. biggrin.gif One with the index finger and one with the middle finger (pressing the string additionally). Apparently you became in love with the trills laugh.gif That's why it sounds wrong and, of course, out of timing.
After you make the double bends with the index finger, release the string to point 0, and then make the pull off with the index finger, not with the middle. The middle finger is just prepared in the air (without touching the string) to play the next notes (slide).

0:28 - 0:43 - keep the notes longer.
First slide from G# - A (6-7 fret) - count 1,2,3,4,5,6 and then make the backward slide.
Slide from A - B (7-9 fret) - count 1,2,3,4,5,6 and then make the backward slide.
Slide from B - C ( 9 - 10 fret) - count 1,2,3,4,5 (5 and a half) and then make the backward slide.

0:51 - this lick should sound more glued. Stretch the fingers a little when you switch from index to ring finger. Don't make that jump. biggrin.gif Release the ring finger from the string only at the moment when you start playing the note with the index finger.

About the sound - from what I hear, the noise gate eliminated a part of the noise. Not enough, but it's an improvement. Let's wait to see how it will sound when you will be able to play this lesson faster. In the meantime, I will think at a solution. wink.gif

You did great work for today and now we are going in a very good direction. I'm proud of you!!! smile.gif

For next time, fix the details that I pointed out and then we can go further.

Have a great evening!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Aug 29 2023, 04:30 PM
Hi Monica,

The past days I focused on timing on this lesson. The trick was to listen first to the main track at 50% speed and then play with it.

Because of the slow pace (40bpm) I sometimes have a little trouble with keeping the sustain but that will disappear at a higher bpm I guess.

Here's the take:

6: I think the pitch is good
15: the slide is maybe too fast?
21-27: the timing is now good because I fixed the double pull off biggrin.gif
44: sometimes the slide does not work so good
51: now it sounds more glued
57: Here's the problem with the sustain. I have to wait 8 counts for the slide back. Sometimes I hear the slide back but in this take there's no sound.

I think I made a good step forward now with the timing.

Await your feedback wink.gif

Have a good evening!

Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 29 2023, 05:29 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Aug 29 2023, 03:30 PM) *
Hi Monica,

The past days I focused on timing on this lesson. The trick was to listen first to the main track at 50% speed and then play with it.

Because of the slow pace (40bpm) I sometimes have a little trouble with keeping the sustain but that will disappear at a higher bpm I guess.

Here's the take:

6: I think the pitch is good
15: the slide is maybe too fast?
21-27: the timing is now good because I fixed the double pull off biggrin.gif
44: sometimes the slide does not work so good
51: now it sounds more glued
57: Here's the problem with the sustain. I have to wait 8 counts for the slide back. Sometimes I hear the slide back but in this take there's no sound.

I think I made a good step forward now with the timing.

Await your feedback wink.gif

Have a good evening!

Gert

Hi Gert!

I see a lot of improvements in your today's take. smile.gif

Don't worry, at a higher speed the sustain issue will be fixed. Judging after the fact that soon you will be able to play this lesson at a faster tempo, we don't have reasons yet to change the tone settings.

Your analysis is correct. smile.gif

0:06 - yes, the bend has the correct pitch

0:09 - wrong pitch (too low)

0:21 - 0:27 - hahaha...no trills, no double pull off? laugh.gif You fixed this part in a very good way. Great execution of the pull off and perfect timing. Great work!

0:51 - sounds better than last time but is not glued enough because you make 1 mistake. You need to play the slide from D to E (G string) with your index finger. In this way, you will not make a jump with your middle finger. Just move your index finger from the B string to G string and play the slide.

Your take sounds nice and you made a huge step forward. I'm proud of you!!!

For next time you can learn a few more bars. biggrin.gif

Have a great evening!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Sep 11 2023, 04:45 PM
Hi Monica,

The journey with this lesson continues... biggrin.gif

Here's the take with some extra bars biggrin.gif

I played it with my other guitar which has a lesser sustain. I left the other guitar at my teacher's house. He will have a look at the G-string problem. I hope he can fix it...

11: here's the sustain problem. I can not keep the note long enough.
52: here again... sustain drops very fast
58: I helped my guitar a little bit laugh.gif
1.10: pull of not so good
1.18: little mess up here
1.19-1.30: in this take I succeeded in playing this part very nice. Until now I always messed it up

Overall it does not sound too bad laugh.gif

Let me know your thoughts wink.gif

Cheers,
Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 11 2023, 05:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Sep 11 2023, 03:45 PM) *
Hi Monica,

The journey with this lesson continues... biggrin.gif

Here's the take with some extra bars biggrin.gif

I played it with my other guitar which has a lesser sustain. I left the other guitar at my teacher's house. He will have a look at the G-string problem. I hope he can fix it...

11: here's the sustain problem. I can not keep the note long enough.
52: here again... sustain drops very fast
58: I helped my guitar a little bit laugh.gif
1.10: pull of not so good
1.18: little mess up here
1.19-1.30: in this take I succeeded in playing this part very nice. Until now I always messed it up

Overall it does not sound too bad laugh.gif

Let me know your thoughts wink.gif

Cheers,
Gert

Hi Gert!

Don't worry, I know that each guitar is different. It was normal the sustain problem to appear. Until you get the other guitar back, we will skip over this topic.

You did a good analysis. smile.gif

The first part started to sound better and better. I like how beautiful it sounds now, the part from 0:47 - 0:53. You fixed the fingering issue and the notes have a legato sound. This is exactly what we wanted. Great work! smile.gif

The new part needs more work.

1:08 - after you play this bend twice (from 1:04 - 1:07), we don't want to hear again the bent note. When you touch the string with the pick, the left hand must quickly release the bend. The only note that we want to hear is the A (17 fret/ E string).

1:10 - first you need to add a little more force when you pick the string. Then play this bend a little faster to keep good timing.

1:17 - yes, you messed up this part. laugh.gif

1:26 - the last note (A/ 17 fret) is played too late. When you play the last G note, count 1, 2 and on 3 play the A note.

I know this lesson is a little harder because it has a lot of details, but you are doing a great job. We will take each detail step by step. Look how well you started to play the first part of the lesson. smile.gif

For next time, you just need to fix the details that we both pointed out.

Have a great evening!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Sep 18 2023, 04:54 PM
Hi Monica,

Here's a new take on this beautiful winter ballad. I have tried to fix some issues. There're still some tiny mistakes but after some more practice, they will be smoothened out I guess.

Here's the take:

Analysis:
47: do I need to play this note on the bend or first lower the string?
0-1.00: This part is going pretty good biggrin.gif
1.08-1.12: I think I fixed this issue
1.19: This part still needs more work.
1.20-1.28: I think the timing issues are fixed now.

It took me many takes today to get to this one. Maybe tired after practicing for many hours. But ok... I'm quite happy with this take.

Let me know what you think wink.gif

Have a good evening!

Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 18 2023, 06:13 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Sep 18 2023, 03:54 PM) *
Hi Monica,

Here's a new take on this beautiful winter ballad. I have tried to fix some issues. There're still some tiny mistakes but after some more practice, they will be smoothened out I guess.

Here's the take:

Analysis:
47: do I need to play this note on the bend or first lower the string?
0-1.00: This part is going pretty good biggrin.gif
1.08-1.12: I think I fixed this issue
1.19: This part still needs more work.
1.20-1.28: I think the timing issues are fixed now.

It took me many takes today to get to this one. Maybe tired after practicing for many hours. But ok... I'm quite happy with this take.

Let me know what you think wink.gif

Have a good evening!

Gert

Hi Gert!

From what I see, you fixed some of the issues and that is really great. smile.gif

I know you tune your guitar before recording, but today your guitar doesn't sound perfectly in tune. Also, the issue of G string is now too audible.

0:47 - you need to hit the note exactly when you lower the string. What you did in the take is correct, but you played this note a little too late.

0:58 - don't strike the E note (9th fret/G string). After you make the slide (0:52) from D to E you need just to execute the vibrato and then go on the backward slide without picking the E note.
I thought that in your previous take, this was just a mistake because you played on the other guitar which did not have the same sustain as this one. Apparently, it wasn't just an accident. So...don't hit the E note. tongue.gif

1:08 - 1:12 - yes, you fixed the issue. Great work!!! BUT....the release of the bend from 1:08 is played too fast and because of that the timing is not correct.

1:11 - this bend has the pitch too low.

1:18 - 1:19 - wrong notes. You played on G string the notes G# - A# (13 -15 frets) instead of A - B (14 - 16 frets). biggrin.gif

1:20 - 1:28 - yes, you fixed the timing issues.

Overall, you are going in a good direction. I know it's hard until we fix all these tiny details, but don't worry...soon everything will become easier. smile.gif

For next time, I would like you to also learn the final part of the lesson. biggrin.gif Besides one single detail which is a little harder, the rest of the lesson is based on slides.

Have a great evening!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Sep 20 2023, 09:40 AM
Hi Monica,

Today I achieved something you have not achieved yet!

I broke a high E-string of a D'Addario exl120 set ohmy.gif Placed this set on my guitar not more then 3 weeks ago.

It's the first string that snaps on this guitar. On the other Ibanez (the one with the G-string problem) already 3 strings biggrin.gif And always strings of a different brand.

Btw... I will take my Ibanez to a luthier tomorrow to hopefully fix the G-string problem.

Cheers,
Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 20 2023, 10:46 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Sep 20 2023, 08:40 AM) *
Hi Monica,

Today I achieved something you have not achieved yet!

I broke a high E-string of a D'Addario exl120 set ohmy.gif Placed this set on my guitar not more then 3 weeks ago.

It's the first string that snaps on this guitar. On the other Ibanez (the one with the G-string problem) already 3 strings biggrin.gif And always strings of a different brand.

Btw... I will take my Ibanez to a luthier tomorrow to hopefully fix the G-string problem.

Cheers,
Gert

Hi Gert!

Guess what... a few weeks ago I also succeeded in breaking the E string. biggrin.gif I knew it would happen because one day before, when I made a strong bend I heard a tiny crack but...it was that 1% in me that believed it would not happen next day when I had scheduled to record a video. laugh.gif Of course, all I succeeded in recording was just a funny video (you will see this next month wink.gif ). laugh.gif

Great idea!!! I hope that the luthier will fix the G string problem. Also, tell him that on this guitar, strings break too often. He will know how to fix the problem. smile.gif

Have a great day!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Sep 21 2023, 05:01 PM
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 20 2023, 11:46 AM) *
Hi Gert!

Guess what... a few weeks ago I also succeeded in breaking the E string. biggrin.gif I knew it would happen because one day before, when I made a strong bend I heard a tiny crack but...it was that 1% in me that believed it would not happen next day when I had scheduled to record a video. laugh.gif Of course, all I succeeded in recording was just a funny video (you will see this next month wink.gif ). laugh.gif

Great idea!!! I hope that the luthier will fix the G string problem. Also, tell him that on this guitar, strings break too often. He will know how to fix the problem. smile.gif

Have a great day!

Hello Monica,

I took my guitar to a luthier today (different one then the first time) and he fixed the problem in about 30 minutes! The action on my guitar is 1mm higher now but that's ok because it was very low before and maybe too low and that probably caused the problem.

You can judge it on the next take of this lesson or the AC/DC one... wink.gif

He did not have a solution for the string braking problem dough. He said it's normal with 9 string gauge...

Cheers,
Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 21 2023, 06:43 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Sep 21 2023, 04:01 PM) *
Hello Monica,

I took my guitar to a luthier today (different one then the first time) and he fixed the problem in about 30 minutes! The action on my guitar is 1mm higher now but that's ok because it was very low before and maybe too low and that probably caused the problem.

You can judge it on the next take of this lesson or the AC/DC one... wink.gif

He did not have a solution for the string braking problem dough. He said it's normal with 9 string gauge...

Cheers,
Gert

Hi Gert!

It's great that you took the guitar to a different luthier and he fixed the problem so fast. smile.gif
You will not feel very much that 1mm added on the action on your guitar. You know, I personally never liked to play on a guitar with low action. That's why I have high string action on both of my guitars. biggrin.gif

About breaking strings...no...it's not normal to happen because there are 9 string gauges. laugh.gif Anyway...let's wait and see if, with the new setup, the strings will continue to break often.

I can hardly wait to hear how your guitar sounds now. smile.gif

Have a great evening!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Sep 28 2023, 12:00 PM
Hi Monica,

I prepared a take and for the first time from the whole lesson!!

The last part feels like it's the easiest part of this lesson...

Here's the take:

Analysis:
22: I'm very happy with this execution smile.gif
30-47: Making these back slides with a comfortable noise does not always succeed. Maybe at a faster tempo they will become more easy.
52: this back slide sounds good but are harder on the D-string
53: tiny mistake on this note
1.13: has this bend the correct timing? Or need it to be shorter?
1.20: This note should ring little longer
1.22: I think this pitch is little too high
1.30-2.16: The last part is going very good. I think I have the timing right

Very happy I have learned the whole lesson and how this lesson starts to sound.

Await your feedback!

Cheers,
Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 28 2023, 01:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Sep 28 2023, 11:00 AM) *
Hi Monica,

I prepared a take and for the first time from the whole lesson!!

The last part feels like it's the easiest part of this lesson...

Here's the take:

Analysis:
22: I'm very happy with this execution smile.gif
30-47: Making these back slides with a comfortable noise does not always succeed. Maybe at a faster tempo they will become more easy.
52: this back slide sounds good but are harder on the D-string
53: tiny mistake on this note
1.13: has this bend the correct timing? Or need it to be shorter?
1.20: This note should ring little longer
1.22: I think this pitch is little too high
1.30-2.16: The last part is going very good. I think I have the timing right

Very happy I have learned the whole lesson and how this lesson starts to sound.

Await your feedback!

Cheers,
Gert

Hi Gert!

First of all, your guitar sounds better. It doesn't sound perfect because I still hear some tuning/intonation issues, but compared with last time, we definitely have an improvement. smile.gif

0:22 - indeed, you executed this part very beautifully. Great work!!! smile.gif

1:00 - you have not fixed this issue. You still strike the E note (G string/ fret 9th) before playing the backward slide. After you make the vibrato, start the backward slide without picking the string.

1:10 - be careful of the timing. You rushed the release of the bend.

1:13 - yes, from the timing point of view, this bend is played correctly.

1:20 - 1:25 - this part needs a little more work because it doesn't sound good.

1:41 - wrong timing. You played the G note (B string/ 8th fret) too early.

1:48 - this is a similar mistake like you made at 1:00. Don't pick the string before playing the backward slide.

2:00 - 2:04 - you rushed this part.

2:04 - you need to play this slide a little faster. Also, after you play it, you need to stop the strings.

We have a lot of details to fix, but I can say that you are going in a good direction. You did great work today!!! smile.gif

For next time, you can raise the tempo with 10 BPM. biggrin.gif

Have a great evening!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Sep 28 2023, 02:06 PM
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 28 2023, 02:21 PM) *
Hi Gert!

First of all, your guitar sounds better. It doesn't sound perfect because I still hear some tuning/intonation issues, but compared with last time, we definitely have an improvement. smile.gif

0:22 - indeed, you executed this part very beautifully. Great work!!! smile.gif

1:00 - you have not fixed this issue. You still strike the E note (G string/ fret 9th) before playing the backward slide. After you make the vibrato, start the backward slide without picking the string.

1:10 - be careful of the timing. You rushed the release of the bend.

1:13 - yes, from the timing point of view, this bend is played correctly.

1:20 - 1:25 - this part needs a little more work because it doesn't sound good.

1:41 - wrong timing. You played the G note (B string/ 8th fret) too early.

1:48 - this is a similar mistake like you made at 1:00. Don't pick the string before playing the backward slide.

2:00 - 2:04 - you rushed this part.

2:04 - you need to play this slide a little faster. Also, after you play it, you need to stop the strings.

We have a lot of details to fix, but I can say that you are going in a good direction. You did great work today!!! smile.gif

For next time, you can raise the tempo with 10 BPM. biggrin.gif

Have a great evening!

Yesss.... 10bpm up!! laugh.gif

Just one remark in my defense tongue.gif

The 'mistakes' at 1.00 and 1.48 are intended. I should have mentioned it but I forgot laugh.gif Because of the slow pace, I don't have enough sustain. That's why I help my guitar a little bit. But I'm aware that it's not intended to strike the string.

I hope with 10bpm up I don't need to do that anymore.

Cheers,
Gert

This post has been edited by Gert1973: Sep 28 2023, 02:07 PM

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 28 2023, 02:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Sep 28 2023, 01:06 PM) *
Yesss.... 10bpm up!! laugh.gif

Just one remark in my defense tongue.gif

The 'mistakes' at 1.00 and 1.48 are intended. I should have mentioned it but I forgot laugh.gif Because of the slow pace, I don't have enough sustain. That's why I help my guitar a little bit. But I'm aware that it's not intended to strike the string.

I hope with 10bpm up I don't need to do that anymore.

Cheers,
Gert

Hahaha...I always like the joy that you have when you hear that you must raise the tempo. laugh.gif

About the "mistakes"....I got it. wink.gif If you used the pick to help the sustain, then it's ok. smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:57 AM