Please Help!, Searching for online retailer to buy gear from!
Sabbz
Jan 29 2008, 05:47 PM
GMC:er
Ok, here's the problem:

When I first started playing again, I used Musicians Friend. That was a big mistake. The very first thing I ever ordered from them was a middle of the road Ibanez S model. When it arrived, I was busy with some personal stuff, since my dad had just passed away, so the guitar sat in the case for the first two weeks after I bought it. To make a long story short, the neck on the guitar was warped to hell and back, and Musicians Friend wouldn't take it back. Instead I had to send it to Hoshino USA (The fine folks who make Ibanez guitars and Tama drums) who informed me that this was typical for Musicians Friend, and upgraded my guitar to a 1570 Prestige (I miss that guitar sad.gif) for the trouble. After complaining to MF about this, they swore that all my orders from then on out would be problem free. Well, that wasn't the case and after making another order with them, they royally screwed that one up too, so I decided to never use them again, and instead started using Sam Ash.

Well, I've been using SA for 4 or so years now, and like MF, every single time I place an order, they screw something up. There's either an unexplainable delay in the shipping, items from my order just mysteriously get dropped from my order, items that were in stock when I ordered, suddenly become unavailable, etc. Well, I placed an order with them last week for a bunch of recording equipment and other crap. I placed the order around 11 am EST. Their policy is "most" orders placed before 3pm are shipped same day. So I figured if it shipped that day, I'd just pay $22 for 2 day air shipping........That was 5 days ago. SA didn't ship the junk out until Friday evening some time. Well, the stuff finally arrived this morning, but I was so mad that I just refused the order and told them to send it back, since I didn't pay shipping charges for them to deliver it whenever they got around to it. Now this was the proverbial straw that broke the camels back, as far as Sam Ash is concerned.

Now, does anyone know of an online retailer that offers a line of credit?? If so, I would be eternally grateful . smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear I wish I still owned:
Schecter C-S1 Elite
Ovation CC48
Peavey 6505+ HS
Dunlop DB01 Crybaby From Hell
MXR KFK 10 Band EQ
EHX Holy Grail + Stereo Memory Man
MXR Smart Gate
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JWBauer
Jan 29 2008, 05:55 PM
I would just find a good local shop. I try to stay away from online, Especialy when looking for a guitar. I like to touch the guitar and hear it. I have also found some pretty good deals on e-bay. That's where I got my guitar(of course I tried one out at guitar center first to see if I liked it) my USB interface and my mic. Look for a reputable seller though. My guitar was actually from a pawn shop in Tuscon and had some small setup issues but it plays sweet now.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez AS73-TCR, Esteban American Legacy Starlight Limited Edition,
Esteban Granada Classical, Esteban Midnight Steel Limited Edition
Line 6 Spider III 15w

Buy AS73 at Musiciansfriend.com

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 29 2008, 06:03 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Don't know about a line of credit, but American Musical Supply has been great to me.. I got a SA gift card for Chistmas and went to my local store to get GP 5. Did'nt even have it in stock so I had them order it. Took two and a half weeks to get!. I thought that was rediculous.

http://www.americanmusical.com/

bought my last guitar from these guys and they even give a 2nd year warranty biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sabbz
Jan 29 2008, 07:15 PM
QUOTE (JWBauer @ Jan 29 2008, 11:55 AM) *
I would just find a good local shop. I try to stay away from online, Especialy when looking for a guitar. I like to touch the guitar and hear it. I have also found some pretty good deals on e-bay. That's where I got my guitar(of course I tried one out at guitar center first to see if I liked it) my USB interface and my mic. Look for a reputable seller though. My guitar was actually from a pawn shop in Tuscon and had some small setup issues but it plays sweet now.

Yeah, I'm not going to buy a guitar or about anything else online, without trying it out first. Thing is, online shopping is WAAAAAY cheaper, no taxes, etc.

QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 29 2008, 12:03 PM) *
Don't know about a line of credit, but American Musical Supply has been great to me.. I got a SA gift card for Chistmas and went to my local store to get GP 5. Did'nt even have it in stock so I had them order it. Took two and a half weeks to get!. I thought that was rediculous.

http://www.americanmusical.com/

bought my last guitar from these guys and they even give a 2nd year warranty biggrin.gif

Checking them out now, thanks. wink.gif

--------------------
Gear I wish I still owned:
Schecter C-S1 Elite
Ovation CC48
Peavey 6505+ HS
Dunlop DB01 Crybaby From Hell
MXR KFK 10 Band EQ
EHX Holy Grail + Stereo Memory Man
MXR Smart Gate

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 29 2008, 10:26 PM
Moderation Policy Director
I have had nothing but good experiences with Musicians Friend,

However, you could try

zzounds.com - amazingly fast shipping, at least to the east coast

sweetwater.com - amazingly personal approach for a web company - you get the same guy every time and he calls you to check each order as you send it in - they are my favorites.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:05 PM