2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Tapping Etude, Etude over Muris's upstroke backing
lcsdds
Mar 11 2009, 01:51 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
So if anybody has been following my MTP with Muris you know he has me working on his upstroke lesson for my PATHETIC AP skills. I have been having alot of fun practicing this lesson and I have been really bored/burned out with my technique routine as of late. So to liven things up I have decide to write some technique etudes so I can practice with a backing track and not just the Kaz-box all the time. So here is the first one I came up with. Basically some of my favorite tapping licks all strung together and played over Muris's upstroke backing. I can't play the picking lesson up to speed.....But at least I can tap up to tempo. laugh.gif tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sigma7
Mar 11 2009, 02:02 AM
GMC:er
that was incredible man, nice guitar too!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Mar 11 2009, 03:04 AM
Instructor
Nice one mate!
Cool ideas biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 11 2009, 12:56 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks Ramiro and Sigma7. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Mar 11 2009, 01:58 PM
Jazz Instructor
Wow, that was great! Post some more!

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 11 2009, 03:30 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Great job Monte! smile.gif

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 11 2009, 04:23 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks Skenny and Vasilije. smile.gif

BTW...I tabbed this if anybody wants it. It is a good tapping workout. smile.gif All quintuplets though....Opeth.db's favorite phrasing. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 11 2009, 04:28 PM
Instructor
Soon you can call EVH and tell him his career is over smile.gif Well done, great playing

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Mar 11 2009, 06:23 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
I've been following you fairly closely on the MTP program because you're close to where I am, playing-wise.

I got stuck in a mental trap that if my alternate picking wasn't up to speed, that I should press on with legato stuff because I thought it would sound goofy to have really smooth/fast legato but not have the AP chops to match. I've watched a few of your videos, and you've got great legato technique, but AP that's a few BPM slower than me.

I'm not sure the point of this post except to say that you've inspired me to work harder.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 11 2009, 06:29 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Mar 11 2009, 06:23 PM) *
I've been following you fairly closely on the MTP program because you're close to where I am, playing-wise.

I got stuck in a mental trap that if my alternate picking wasn't up to speed, that I should press on with legato stuff because I thought it would sound goofy to have really smooth/fast legato but not have the AP chops to match. I've watched a few of your videos, and you've got great legato technique, but AP that's a few BPM slower than me.

I'm not sure the point of this post except to say that you've inspired me to work harder.

Thanks dude!!! I'm working harder than ever on my AP....I've just neglected it so long that I have a lot of work to do. I'm having fun though. I just thought it would be cool to come up with a "complilation" of my favorite licks and play them over a backing. I'm gonna try and do one for Legato, economy picking and arpeggios. That way when I practice a technique it is musical and I have to be a little creative in making the licks flow over the backing.

Thanks for the compliment....much appreciated.

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Mar 11 2009, 06:29 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Nice tapping Monte! tongue.gif You didn't use your nose though biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 11 2009, 06:31 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Mar 11 2009, 06:29 PM) *
Nice tapping Monte! tongue.gif You didn't use your nose though biggrin.gif

I tried Jeff.....My schnoz was to big to be accurate in the higher frets though. tongue.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Mar 11 2009, 06:34 PM
Great tapping monte!
really cool that you have done something own with the backing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 11 2009, 06:38 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 11 2009, 03:23 PM) *
BTW...I tabbed this if anybody wants it. It is a good tapping workout. smile.gif

I'd quite like a copy please Monte!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 11 2009, 06:45 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Omg Fantastic Man, No wonder you suck at AP laugh.gif Just joking, keep up the good work tongue.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 11 2009, 07:13 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Mar 11 2009, 06:38 PM) *
I'd quite like a copy please Monte!!

No problem Sensible......I'll upload it tonight and whoever wants it can download it. There are a couple licks where I am tapping with my middle and ring finger so I need to note that on the tab. Other than that it is just straight quintuplets for 6 beats and hold for 2 beats.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 11 2009, 08:46 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
That's crazy Monte!!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 12 2009, 01:18 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Here is the tab for anybody who wants it. Just a note....It is all tapping. So when I start a phrase with my left hand it is left hand hammer-ons. No pick at all. If anybody does tackle this and has any questions let me know. I hope somebody has fun with it. smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Tapping_Etude.gp5 ( 6.22K ) Number of downloads: 134

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 12 2009, 01:30 AM
Learning Rock Star
You and your quintuplets smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 12 2009, 01:36 AM
Instructor
Cool video Monte !
I hear less gain in your distortion and all the notes are clear in this video - well done smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:22 PM