2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Jack Thammarat's "on The Way", .. work in progress
wrk
May 12 2009, 01:42 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I recently got the backings/tabs of Jack Thammarat's tune "On The Way" from bluesjamtracks. I really like this song and thought to give it a try ... pretty difficult as it's with 160bpm quite fast.

This is still work in progress as there is normally a shred/jam part at the end. Still a lot of cleaning to do, especially at the end .. pff .. tapping, i just don't get it laugh.gif

Anyway, i thought to share a first take of it already as i'm overall quite happy with it.
Hope you guys like it so far. Let me know what you think .. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 12 2009, 02:01 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
VERY NICE Andy!!!! I love your playing.... cool.gif

You gotta promise me one thing though....one of these times you are gonna get so into the tune that you are gonna lose your balance and fall right off your chair......you gotta post that as an outtake.... tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Nice job.....now get to work on the tapping... wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by lcsdds: May 12 2009, 04:44 AM

+Quote Post
sigma7
May 12 2009, 02:12 AM
GMC:er
ur playing is so fluid and fresh, great job man

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamesT
May 12 2009, 02:27 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
I love it man!
Great stuff, great playing, both soulful and technical at the same time. wink.gif cool.gif smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Pi38
May 12 2009, 02:28 AM
Wow. I think I should just throw my guitar away. biggrin.gif Seriously, that was amazing. If I played like you, I'd...well, I don't know what I'd do, but it wouldn't matter, because I could play like that!

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
May 12 2009, 02:36 AM
Beginner Instructor
very very nice! this is such a great song! your tone is nearly identical to jack's original. Love it!

PS: I also think its pretty sweet that one of my videos is one of your top related videos!

This post has been edited by machogriz: May 12 2009, 02:38 AM

+Quote Post
wrk
May 12 2009, 07:48 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks guys smile.gif

QUOTE (lcsdds @ May 12 2009, 03:01 AM) *
VERY NICE Andy!!!! I love your playing.... cool.gif

You gotta promise me one thing though....one of these times you are gonna get so into the tune that you are gonna lose your balance and fall right off your chair......you gotta post that as an outtake.... tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Nice job.....now get to work on the tapping... wink.gif

Oh man, this tapping part is completely mess up laugh.gif. The tapping is not that difficult here, but to switch from picking to tapping and back again ... I will focus on pentatonic tapping licks, it's a great tool i think.

+Quote Post
Siggum
May 12 2009, 09:54 AM
Really well played mate, you have an extraordinary good feeling imo, and i can also see some technical improvements. Keep going man, you can go as far as you want with this smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 12 2009, 10:08 AM
Instructor
Very well done Andy!

Tapping and some other faster parts need more accuracy
so try them slowly and try to be more relaxed if possible,
you're getting there with no doubt, thumbs up. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
wrk
May 12 2009, 10:42 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ May 12 2009, 11:08 AM) *
Very well done Andy!

Tapping and some other faster parts need more accuracy
so try them slowly and try to be more relaxed if possible,
you're getting there with no doubt, thumbs up. smile.gif

Thank you Muris ! .. oh yes, there is still a lot of work to do smile.gif
You are right, to play more relaxed would help a lot. I can not figure out how to add attack to bends and still keeping the left hand relaxed. Overall i use way too much force when i play ... often i'm physically exhausted after a long practice session laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Oxac
May 12 2009, 11:42 AM
Very good attepmt wrk. I'd like to know how you get that sound... it's utmost enthralling.

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
wrk
May 12 2009, 12:09 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Oxac @ May 12 2009, 12:42 PM) *
Very good attepmt wrk. I'd like to know how you get that sound... it's utmost enthralling.

Thanks Oxac. It's a dry POD XT patch for amp modulation only. Effects i add in Logic, mainly reverb and delay. A bit of overdrive with a logic plug-in. This does not really add gain, but the sound gets warmer somehow ... less digital.

Edit : I added the POD patch to my practice agenda (wrk_fusion.l6t). Sounds horrible on it's own, but is a good basic ..

This post has been edited by wrk: May 12 2009, 12:26 PM

+Quote Post
Artemus
May 12 2009, 12:17 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Awesome stuff man! Yeah, you're right, that's a quality tune.
Really nice fretting too, but you've got upload the outtake when you do finally fall off your chair - groove related injuries aren't a bad thing, they're souvenirs tongue.gif

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
wrk
May 12 2009, 12:23 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Artemus @ May 12 2009, 01:17 PM) *
... groove related injuries ...

laugh.giflaugh.gif

One reason my other guitar looks so damaged. I have be more careful with this one .. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Oxac
May 12 2009, 12:42 PM
Nice patch wrk! I'd like more details on that tone setupd in logic though. What plugin do you use?

Thanks alot!

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
wrk
May 12 2009, 03:20 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Oxac @ May 12 2009, 01:42 PM) *
Nice patch wrk! I'd like more details on that tone setupd in logic though. What plugin do you use?

Thanks alot!

I only use the standard effects from Logic. St-Delay, GoldVerb, Chorus, Overdrive, Fat EQ.
Do you use Logic as well?

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
May 12 2009, 03:37 PM
Nice take you played very well smile.gif love this tune smile.gif

+Quote Post
Oxac
May 12 2009, 03:41 PM
Yes I do, never got around to play with those effects though. But they're actually really good smile.gif Thanks alot Andy.

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Jesse
May 12 2009, 04:10 PM
cool, tabs?tongue.gif

Brilliantly played. The fluidness, is a great reward after alot of practising!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
May 12 2009, 04:12 PM
great job Andy! smile.gif
i've also purchased the backingtrack and tabs. I just love his songs, so full of emotion in his phrasing.
I'm going to give it a try aswell someday soon, just recently finished transposing his song Falling in love again and im going to finish a cover on that one before i move on to On the way smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:52 AM