2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Guitar - Help Me Decide, Rg570 MH or RG1570 prestige
Jakub Luptovec
Aug 12 2009, 01:22 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Well I decided its time to feed my G.A.S. a little bit and get myself some new axe. I just got two very interesting offers - both the same price - around 650$ a

Ibanez RG 570 - built in japan somewhere in 1990-2000, from mahogany (new ones are from alder..), natural color with gold hardware (which I love)
Attached Image
and Ibanez RG1570 prestige, w/ EMG 81 in bridge, all matte black (which I hate...)
Attached Image
I would go for prestige automatically, if it wasnt for the color - I already have black guitar and I hate it (I tend to wear black tshirts and my current guitar is inivisible on stage..).

Is there such a tremendous difference between the prestige and regular RG?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Aug 12 2009, 01:23 PM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Koopid
Aug 12 2009, 01:40 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Aug 12 2009, 02:22 PM) *
Well I decided its time to feed my G.A.S. a little bit and get myself some new axe. I just got two very interesting offers - both the same price - around 650$ a

Ibanez RG 570 - built in japan somewhere in 1990-2000, from mahogany (new ones are from alder..), natural color with gold hardware (which I love)
Attached Image
and Ibanez RG1570 prestige, w/ EMG 81 in bridge, all matte black (which I hate...)
Attached Image
I would go for prestige automatically, if it wasnt for the color - I already have black guitar and I hate it (I tend to wear black tshirts and my current guitar is inivisible on stage..).

Is there such a tremendous difference between the prestige and regular RG?

You already have the answer man, don't buy a guitar that you hate before you get it and don't buy a model you don't want... Wait until you find a prestige with a color you like.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Amp
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Marshall 1960A cab
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM Snow White
Jackson SLSMG
Takamine EG320C
Bass
Epiphone Thunderbird Goth Bass
Effects/Stomps
Boss SD1
Boss MT2 Metalzone
Dunlop Zack Wylde Wah
Behringer BEQ700 Equalizer
Harley Benton PT-100 stagetuner
Studio EQ
PodXT Live
Edirol FA 66 soundcard
Yamaha HS50M monitors
Macbook pro

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Aug 12 2009, 02:08 PM
Learning Tone Guru
No its that new prestige is more than twice the cost around here.. I want to know the difference between prestiges and standart RG's. Feel/quality > looks..

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
sted
Aug 12 2009, 02:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
omg theyre both hideous.

Get a strat.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 12 2009, 02:20 PM
GMC:er
You could always get the Prestige and then refinish/repaint it!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Static
Aug 12 2009, 02:21 PM
Do you know what kind of trem the RG570 comes with (RG1570 comes with an Edge Pro)? Cause I believe that could be the biggest difference between the two.

--------------------

Guitars: Peavey HP Special Custom, Gibson SG Standard, Ibanez RG1570
Amps: Marshall TSL601, Fender Frontman Reverb, Fender Champion 600

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Aug 12 2009, 02:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Guitar Buying Philosophy According to NoSkill: "When in doubt, buy both."

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Aug 12 2009, 02:24 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
the natural finish RG appeals to me straight off, but I have a 1570 prestige myself and absolutly love it, so its a really tough choice!

if you dont like the colour of the prestige then I`d just discount it from my options, either look for something else to compare to the RG or simply buy the RG laugh.gif (the later for me, buy buy buy!! biggrin.gif)

edit: I also like Noskill`s philosophy on it as well! laugh.gif buy buy buy!!!

This post has been edited by Chris Evans: Aug 12 2009, 02:25 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Aug 12 2009, 02:25 PM
Learning Tone Guru
It comes with Edge pro - at least most reviews of RG 570 tell this...

What kind of money does repainting cost btw?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Static
Aug 12 2009, 02:34 PM
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Aug 12 2009, 03:25 PM) *
It comes with Edge pro - at least most reviews of RG 570 tell this...

Hmm, I thought only Prestige's came with those. But anyway, if it does come with an Edge Pro, I don't see a reason why the RG1570 would be that much better (unless you really need that EMG) huh.gif.

PS. I also have an RG1570, so if you have any questions about it, just ask smile.gif.

--------------------

Guitars: Peavey HP Special Custom, Gibson SG Standard, Ibanez RG1570
Amps: Marshall TSL601, Fender Frontman Reverb, Fender Champion 600

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 12 2009, 04:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
DUDE! A MAHAGONY RG! BUY IT!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Aug 12 2009, 04:06 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Aug 12 2009, 10:03 AM) *
DUDE! A MAHAGONY RG! BUY IT!

+1

Also, buy the black one and take it to Sted's house. Then smack him upside the head with it and leave it there.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Aug 12 2009, 06:14 PM
the only way for me to tell you which trem the rg570 is to get serial number....then i can date it for you right way.

i can tell you right now that i would go for the rg570...

here is why:

the neck is either the wizard 1 or the super wizard neck which is still thinner then the prestige wizard neck.

the trem is either a lo pro edge or original edge trem which i like over the edge pro.

its an older guitar, so its rare, especial natural. the model number is rg570sol (sol is what they call their natural guitars)

i think you would be happier with the 570, ive owned them, they are awesome guitars

hope that helps

ok i did a little of your homework for you but here: http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/expans...d=211&now=1

thats you guitar right there, a 1995 rg570MH SOL, looks like it was limited run, comes with the wizard 1, and lo pro edge....basically, id take that over any ibanez any day

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Aug 12 2009, 06:16 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Thank you guys, for this awesome feedback:) In month or so I should be a proud owner of Ibanez RG570 with natural finish - thats if someone doesnt get ahead of me - I have to wait until insurance company gives me my money..

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 12 2009, 06:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Aug 12 2009, 05:06 PM) *
+1

Also, buy the black one and take it to Sted's house. Then smack him upside the head with it and leave it there.

WHAHAHAHa tongue.gif Sorry Sted, just thought that was funny tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Aug 12 2009, 09:19 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Aug 12 2009, 07:14 PM) *
the only way for me to tell you which trem the rg570 is to get serial number....then i can date it for you right way.

i can tell you right now that i would go for the rg570...

here is why:

the neck is either the wizard 1 or the super wizard neck which is still thinner then the prestige wizard neck.

the trem is either a lo pro edge or original edge trem which i like over the edge pro.

its an older guitar, so its rare, especial natural. the model number is rg570sol (sol is what they call their natural guitars)

i think you would be happier with the 570, ive owned them, they are awesome guitars

hope that helps

ok i did a little of your homework for you but here: http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/expans...d=211&now=1

thats you guitar right there, a 1995 rg570MH SOL, looks like it was limited run, comes with the wizard 1, and lo pro edge....basically, id take that over any ibanez any day

Oh man, you are awesome! I just contacted that guy and as soon as I have the money, that beauty is MINEEE:P I cant wait:)

Btw. do you have any info on those pickups?

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Aug 12 2009, 09:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 12 2009, 09:39 PM
Instructor
The mahogany one is very tempting, you should do more investigating and see what kind of mahogany is that. There is cheap mahogany wood that is not that good, but if it is good wood, it is possible that guitar will have more richer sound. It's really a tough choice.

Judging by the looks alone - RG smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Aug 12 2009, 09:39 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Aug 12 2009, 09:52 PM
im not going to lie, the QM pick ups ibanez used were supposedly the high end pick ups of the early 90's in the ibanez line, however they are pre dimarzio/ibanez so they dont sound as good as the USA ibanez pick ups you get in the high end prestiges you get today...

play around with it, see if you like them, if not later you can just swap them out, the fact that its mahogany will really get you some singing tones out of what ever pick ups you choose

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Aug 13 2009, 10:15 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Well I plan to change them anyway.

Would EVO2 in bridge and... say tonezone in neck be good choice? I want to have bridge with sensitive volume (crankin' when up, smooth when down..) and neck with nice and fluid sound, for two handed taps and sweep taps etc..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Aug 13 2009, 01:32 PM
Instructor
Great guitars, but I especially like the RG570!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:58 PM