3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Is There An Expensive "great" Guitar That Just Does Nothing For You?
mattacuk
Oct 5 2008, 08:45 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 4 2008, 11:37 AM) *
I hate:

ESP
Ibanez
Jackson
Gibson (excluding Gibson SG Special)
PRS
Music Man

And love

Parker
Caparison
Rickenbacher
Fender
Suhr

I love your hate list, and hate your love list biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Oct 5 2008, 10:17 AM
Instructor
Some specific Jackson models I really don't like, but other than that I pretty much would play everything else smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Oct 6 2008, 02:48 AM
Instructor
Man, the Parkers, the shape I really don't feel anything for those, David Walliman and Kris Dahl make it sound great, I am sure it is a fine guitar but the shape is too much, I have never played one, maybe if I play one I'll fall in love with it, but I would probably will cut off the long horn (just kidding)

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Oct 6 2008, 04:30 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Oct 5 2008, 09:48 PM) *
Man, the Parkers, the shape I really don't feel anything for those, David Walliman and Kris Dahl make it sound great, I am sure it is a fine guitar but the shape is too much, I have never played one, maybe if I play one I'll fall in love with it, but I would probably will cut off the long horn (just kidding)

People either love them or hate them...I don't love their looks, but from what I hear people say, you have to play one to appreciate it.

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 6 2008, 03:43 PM
Instructor
True,there are some expensive guitars
that fit us more or less.
I would say Gibson SG,this guitar sounds GREAT,
I played it couple of times.
But,I have to close my eyes when playing it,
the look doesn't fit me at all. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Oct 8 2008, 11:56 AM
GMC:er
I don´t like metal type guitars, expecially in black colour. I own Ibanez RG just to have one, but it´s not black. smile.gif.

Many here seem not to like the Gibson SG. But it has lived in the shadow of the popular LesPaul over the years. It was mostly used in the late 60´s and early 70´s. Mabye if Jimmy Page had used an SG it would have been more popular than the LP today, but I think most people that buy SG nowdays is because of ACDC. tongue.gif But I own both and use them equally.

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Oct 9 2008, 07:03 AM
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Oct 6 2008, 03:43 PM) *

Next time try wearing an english school boy costume...they work much better that way.

Dont miss this photo shop opportunity!.....

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Jesse
Oct 9 2008, 02:09 PM
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Oct 6 2008, 04:43 PM) *

That makes me and Angus sad:( Why Muris, WHY!!! It is sexy red... with devellish horns.... I love it!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
kjutte
Oct 9 2008, 07:27 PM
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Oct 4 2008, 02:32 AM) *
What I mean is...I know that some guitars are just considered really good guitars, but for some reason I have no desire whatsoever to own one. The Gibson SG for example. I hear nothing but good things about it...it isn't an ugly guitar...but for some reason, I couldn't be less interested in owning one. I don't know why. Anyone else feel the same way about some other guitars?

Gibson Les paul and SG tongue.gif
Don't know why, I just don't like them!

+Quote Post
JVM
Oct 10 2008, 02:50 AM
Learning Roadie
All the high end ibanez's, jacksons, deans, etc, do nothing for me. I like my vintage style guitars.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Oct 11 2008, 08:04 AM

J E M

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Oct 11 2008, 08:29 AM
Dean, Gibson Les Paul/SG, Parker, Some Jackson models....

I hate razorbacks, and all the metal style guitars like saw tooth, and what else is there, they just
don't look like guitars anymore.. I'm sure they sound great, but it's just the look smile.gif

This post has been edited by kyldeee: Oct 11 2008, 08:31 AM

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 11 2008, 09:41 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (USAMAN @ Oct 9 2008, 07:03 AM) *
Next time try wearing an english school boy costume...they work much better that way.

Dont miss this photo shop opportunity!.....

That is the ONLY thing you can wear whilst playing a Gibson SG laugh.gif laugh.gif

It suits Jack Black too

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Slammer
Oct 11 2008, 04:39 PM
All kinds of Dean guitars, never really impressed me when I played it.

esp the ones that look like this

I remember when I first saw it, I thought it would be a guitarists Dream to play, and I was very dissapointed after playing it. dry.gif

+Quote Post
Gus
Oct 11 2008, 04:50 PM
All guitars have its uses so I would not say there is guitar that does nothing for me. If I were a billionaire I would own every single expensive model tongue.gif

But on the other hand, I think there are guitars which are a great deal for the price and guitars that are overpriced. Two guitars that I loved trying them but I think they are overpriced are JEM and Gibson Les Paul custom. I think I will buy a Gibson LP at some point, because it's a dream guitar(because of tone) but I really think it is overpriced. Concurrents have more pickup options, are easier to play, lighter to handle and still cost 60-70% of Gibson LP custom...

This post has been edited by Gus: Oct 11 2008, 04:53 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Oct 11 2008, 05:15 PM
QUOTE (Slammer @ Oct 11 2008, 11:39 AM) *
All kinds of Dean guitars, never really impressed me when I played it.

esp the ones that look like this

I remember when I first saw it, I thought it would be a guitarists Dream to play, and I was very dissapointed after playing it. dry.gif

I agree, especially those U.S.A razorbacks, $5000, and one of the worst guitars ive ever played. Embarrasing.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
inertia
Oct 13 2008, 01:50 AM
I wouldn't say specific brands but definitely specific models, more based on aesthetics which is very personal anyway. Like for instance I really do not like the looks of any flying V or razorbacks.
The one high end brand that I don't like only because it seems all the guitars look the same is the Parker's, that top horn just really urks me for some reason lol, but some people swear by them so it's all personal preference.

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Oct 13 2008, 11:25 PM
I'm feeling that way right now about my 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, which I got a great deal on back in 2007 - I want to love it, because of its name and reputation, but it never feels right to me. I've had it professionally set up, and still didn't like the way it feels, and now it seems like every time I pick it up , I am changing the string height to get it to feel better to me, but no luck. Its a beutiful looking guitar - Honey Burst with a polished top(Not high finish since it was originally a faded - Common mod people do to them), very detailed workmanship(especially the neck binding).

It just doesn't feel right to me and I prefer my Fender Strat. I've considered selling it, but want to like it still. I really want an ES335 but can't justify the coinage.

This post has been edited by Guitar1969: Oct 13 2008, 11:30 PM

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
EmoScreamoHorror...
Nov 4 2008, 03:20 AM
Squire Bullet lol

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Nov 4 2008, 04:21 PM
For me it would be a Fender Strat. The necks just don't feel right. Perhaps if I owned one that would change. However, I love the sound the produce in the right hands.

tommyboy

--------------------
Rock Hard or Not at ALL!!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 02:52 PM