3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Mesa-boogie Triaxis Preamp
Pavel
Mar 13 2008, 11:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 13 2008, 09:58 AM) *
@ Pavel: I was just about to give you the address to my blog so you could check out my gear wink.gif As you can see it is a rather simple but very effectlive setup, I don't really need anything else besides those things to get "my" sound. I just don't like those huge racks with billions of effects, they are way too sensitive to be taken on tour, one small cable defect somewhere in the setup and you are in big problems.

Yeah it's really great to keep things simple! I only use distortion and delay so i like your simple approach smile.gif But damn - Mesa Rectifiers are expensive sad.gif I heard a lot of people playing Rectifier but i never heard so nice and clean distortion coming out from it smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 13 2008, 08:20 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
QUOTE (Pavel @ Mar 13 2008, 11:12 AM) *
Yeah it's really great to keep things simple! I only use distortion and delay so i like your simple approach smile.gif But damn - Mesa Rectifiers are expensive sad.gif I heard a lot of people playing Rectifier but i never heard so nice and clean distortion coming out from it smile.gif

A Rectifier is for sure not a cheap amp, but it is worth the price in my opinion, I don't know any other amp that delivers this sound. A friend of mine once told me about it, he had just bought one, and he offered me to check out his Rectifier, and of course I accepted his offer. So I went to his place, picked up the amp, went to our rehearsal room and played the amp... for about 5 minutes, then I bought one myself wink.gif I immediately knew I had found "my" amp finally.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 13 2008, 08:34 PM
Instructor
just say it's great to have your opinion, Marcus, 'cos I hope you have tried lot of gear !! thanks friend wink.gif
One question, do you think the triaxis 2.0 is the best of the triaxis ?? One friend is gonna bought me a clone of this amp so I want to now what diagram he would need. (BTW he bought a Double Rectifier and sounds is as good as the original !! smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 14 2008, 09:49 AM
Well, this depends if you want the triaxis to have the Rectifier included, if you want this then version 2.0 is the ONLY option for you. Since I definitely wanted the Rectifier to be included I bought that version and I am more than happy with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 14 2008, 09:56 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Nice review Muris smile.gif

I want one!!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 14 2008, 02:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Mar 13 2008, 04:34 PM) *
just say it's great to have your opinion, Marcus, 'cos I hope you have tried lot of gear !! thanks friend wink.gif
One question, do you think the triaxis 2.0 is the best of the triaxis ?? One friend is gonna bought me a clone of this amp so I want to now what diagram he would need. (BTW he bought a Double Rectifier and sounds is as good as the original !! smile.gif )

How much does those clone amps cost?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 14 2008, 02:49 PM
Instructor
Ahhmm...and clone would be? unsure.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 14 2008, 02:58 PM
Instructor
well, I don't lnow exactly what would be the final price but for the Triaxis it will be very cheap, I supose around 400-500€, maybe less smile.gif For the double rectifier it will be more expensive... maybe 800-900 €

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 14 2008, 03:12 PM
Instructor
And who makes those clones,which brand?

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 14 2008, 06:35 PM
Instructor
hehe, one of my friends makes this clones !! When I get mine I will do the review with some mp3 biggrin.gif (but now he is so busy and I don't know if it would be possible soon).

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 14 2008, 09:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Mar 14 2008, 06:35 PM) *
hehe, one of my friends makes this clones !! When I get mine I will do the review with some mp3 biggrin.gif (but now he is so busy and I don't know if it would be possible soon).

Ahh,I see. smile.gif

Sounds cool,tell us more about it when you get chance! wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 14 2008, 09:27 PM
Instructor
That's for sure !!! I wish I had my preamp now, but I must be patiente tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 16 2008, 07:42 AM
I am very curious to hear about this clone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Mar 16 2008, 11:59 AM
Instructor
A triaxis clone? Damn you...I have bought one and it cost so much...
If your friend can made a clone, why you don't ask him to create your personal sound?
Juan M. Valeriaxis! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:44 PM