20 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Project Quadrium Riff/lyric Ideas, share our riff/lyric ideas here
SirJamsalot
Apr 16 2011, 09:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 16 2011, 12:26 PM) *
I wanted to invite other GMC folks to join us in our Collaboration project if they are so inclined and wanted to know what you guys think? Anyone that can run REAPER can download the project file and contribute in theory. The more the merrier wink.gif

Todd

I use cubase :/
I'll give you my 2 cents on what I hear though smile.gif
I like the overall sound so far.

Chris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 16 2011, 09:26 PM
Learning Tone Master
Great thinking Todd smile.gif I'd be very happy if other GMC folks join us. Especially a singer biggrin.gif By the way i've tried the record something yesterday but i didn't like it so i will try again tonight smile.gif And one more thing Todd, any progress with drums of song 1?

Dogukan,

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 16 2011, 07:26 PM) *
I wanted to invite other GMC folks to join us in our Collaboration project if they are so inclined and wanted to know what you guys think? Anyone that can run REAPER can download the project file and contribute in theory. The more the merrier wink.gif

Todd

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 16 2011, 10:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey Chris. You can use the mp3 files we uploaded here in your project and send your work as mp3 to us also if you want smile.gif Also REAPER isn't very hard to use it. I didn't know anything about it until Todd suggested us to use it biggrin.gif

Dogukan,

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Apr 16 2011, 08:16 PM) *

Chris

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 17 2011, 06:06 AM
GMC:er
Here is an updated rough version of the rif I posted last time that I've been working on. No bass guitar in there yet, just guitar and a melody through line lead. Much heavier than the last one though. See what you think smile.gif

Attached File  Rev2.mp3 ( 1.28MB ) Number of downloads: 138

DOKUGAN: I gave track one another shot on drums and I have to agree with Christian. I can't get much to fit. It may have to live as it is. It was our first track of the project so I"m sure they will get much better as we go. I"m looking forward to these next ones we are working on in a big way smile.gif

QUOTE (quadrium @ Apr 16 2011, 04:23 PM) *
Hey Chris. You can use the mp3 files we uploaded here in your project and send your work as mp3 to us also if you want smile.gif Also REAPER isn't very hard to use it. I didn't know anything about it until Todd suggested us to use it biggrin.gif

Dogukan,

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 17 2011, 07:07 AM
I've heard good things about Cubase but I've got to say REAPER is well worth the download. It's free to download and use (they leave a nag screen at startup though to ask you to pay a bit) and there are tons of free plugins and it's cross platform. As far as I can tell it's the perfect and so far, the only way to allow people to collaborate across distance/platform/operating system/plugin architecture etc. and do so for a Zero outlay.

It's really simple to use to. Give it a shot if you can. I know it seems like a pain to learn to new software and who has the time? But in spite of all that, it's still worth it.

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Apr 16 2011, 03:16 PM) *

Chris

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 17 2011, 12:06 AM) *
Here is an updated rough version of the rif I posted last time that I've been working on. No bass guitar in there yet, just guitar and a melody through line lead. Much heavier than the last one though. See what you think smile.gif

DOKUGAN: I gave track one another shot on drums and I have to agree with Christian. I can't get much to fit. It may have to live as it is. It was our first track of the project so I"m sure they will get much better as we go. I"m looking forward to these next ones we are working on in a big way smile.gif

LETS MAKE SOLOs FOR SONG 1!

We never made any guitar solos for Track 1! I think we should maybe do it as a collab? It would be a challenge as the riffs that are not in E are actually tuned a quarter step up so it's impossible to solo in key over those sections. So it would be a great chance to use squeals/harmonics etc. over those sections.

If you guys can make a solo pass of the entire tune, (EVERYBODY WELCOME!) I can mix them in .

Here is the final tune again.
Attached File  project_quadrium2d.mp3 ( 8.14MB ) Number of downloads: 143

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 17 2011, 02:15 PM
Learning Tone Master
Wow! Great riff great. I loved it smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 17 2011, 05:06 AM) *

It's fine for me, we can make a collab. I'll see what i can do about making a solo smile.gif Then we can use the lyrics i have posted for song 1 for our future songs.

TODD: If you want you can make a collab thread into the collabs forum about this so more people can hear about it.

Dogukan,

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 17 2011, 06:07 AM) *
LETS MAKE SOLOs FOR SONG 1!

We never made any guitar solos for Track 1! I think we should maybe do it as a collab? It would be a challenge as the riffs that are not in E are actually tuned a quarter step up so it's impossible to solo in key over those sections. So it would be a great chance to use squeals/harmonics etc. over those sections.

If you guys can make a solo pass of the entire tune, (EVERYBODY WELCOME!) I can mix them in .

Here is the final tune again.
Attached File  project_quadrium2d.mp3 ( 8.14MB ) Number of downloads: 143

This post has been edited by quadrium: Apr 17 2011, 02:17 PM

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Apr 17 2011, 11:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 16 2011, 11:07 PM) *
I've heard good things about Cubase but I've got to say REAPER is well worth the download. It's free to download and use (they leave a nag screen at startup though to ask you to pay a bit) and there are tons of free plugins and it's cross platform. As far as I can tell it's the perfect and so far, the only way to allow people to collaborate across distance/platform/operating system/plugin architecture etc. and do so for a Zero outlay.

It's really simple to use to. Give it a shot if you can. I know it seems like a pain to learn to new software and who has the time? But in spite of all that, it's still worth it.

Todd, yeah I've heard a lot about Reaper - I've already shelled out the money and time to learn Cubase, and while I see the benefits of it, it's easier for me to stick to Cubase and just import audio tracks.

Cheers!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 18 2011, 06:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey Todd. Here are the recordings. I didn't record your ascension paradox 2 lick because no matter what i do, i couldn't be able to record exactly what you have played sad.gif Instead of that i have recorded the intro part and my verse riff. Hope you like it smile.gif

Dogukan,

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Song2Recordings.rar ( 1.65MB ) Number of downloads: 102

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 18 2011, 08:36 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi guys,
just letting you know I'm back! I'll dive depper into our project during the easter holidays, so expect some riffs, solos and maybe drums then wink.gif
Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 18 2011, 10:05 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Apr 18 2011, 07:36 PM) *
Hi guys,
just letting you know I'm back! I'll dive depper into our project during the easter holidays, so expect some riffs, solos and maybe drums then wink.gif
Christian

Welcome back man smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 19 2011, 12:26 AM
Great! =) I"ll check it out! The ascension paradox lick is a bit tricky. The scale bit at the end makes it a bit like a lead. I'll re record it without fx.

CHRISTIAN: Welcome back!

QUOTE (quadrium @ Apr 18 2011, 12:10 PM) *
Hey Todd. Here are the recordings. I didn't record your ascension paradox 2 lick because no matter what i do, i couldn't be able to record exactly what you have played sad.gif Instead of that i have recorded the intro part and my verse riff. Hope you like it smile.gif

Dogukan,

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 19 2011, 05:41 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 18 2011, 11:26 PM) *
Great! =) I"ll check it out! The ascension paradox lick is a bit tricky. The scale bit at the end makes it a bit like a lead. I'll re record it without fx.

Great! Thank you Todd smile.gif Should i send the song 2 structure again for you to arrange the song with the newly recorded riffs?

Dogukan,

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 19 2011, 10:28 PM
I"d say give it a shot! I want you guys to learn/practice the art of recording/mixing. Big part of the point of all this. Toss the recordings on separate tracks in reaper and copy/paste drag them around a bit. Ideally, you shouldn't need me but I"m more than happy to help.

QUOTE (quadrium @ Apr 19 2011, 11:41 AM) *
Great! Thank you Todd smile.gif Should i send the song 2 structure again for you to arrange the song with the newly recorded riffs?

Dogukan,

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 20 2011, 04:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 19 2011, 09:28 PM) *
I"d say give it a shot! I want you guys to learn/practice the art of recording/mixing. Big part of the point of all this. Toss the recordings on separate tracks in reaper and copy/paste drag them around a bit. Ideally, you shouldn't need me but I"m more than happy to help.

I'm currently trying to learn but need more time to do it properly smile.gif I have some issues when i try to merge the riffs. But after this song is finished, i will take a step for this smile.gif And the other reason is that you are an expert about mixing/mastering smile.gif I'm looking the final mixes you have sent and learning from them also before i start making the mixes smile.gif

Dogukan,

This post has been edited by quadrium: Apr 20 2011, 04:07 PM

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 21 2011, 06:41 PM
Well, a bit part of this is just about the practice. Adding tracks, dragging and dropping recordings in to the tracks, pulling the volume fader up and down, just repetition, repetition, repetition. It's the only way to get better at anything, guitar, mixing, chess, etc. So start dragging recordings on to new tracks and start playing with it. Like most folks, I only started learning about computer recordings by doing it. I'm as new to reaper as you guys. So don't wait, start asap. Put something up, no matter what it turns out like and we can all check it out, change it, repost it, etc.

That way we have a real "collaboration" going on. What I really don't want to happen is I play/record/mix everything, making it essentially just sound like me. I really want this to be an actual give and take between all of us wink.gif

QUOTE (quadrium @ Apr 20 2011, 10:04 AM) *
I'm currently trying to learn but need more time to do it properly smile.gif I have some issues when i try to merge the riffs. But after this song is finished, i will take a step for this smile.gif And the other reason is that you are an expert about mixing/mastering smile.gif I'm looking the final mixes you have sent and learning from them also before i start making the mixes smile.gif

Dogukan,

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 21 2011, 08:16 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Sound like a great approach, Todd! I will dive deeper into Reaper this weekend and can hopefully upload new riffs, drums, mixes and so on by monday.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 21 2011, 08:22 PM
Learning Tone Master
Okey Todd, i will give it a shot smile.gif Just need the newly recorded version (dry recording) of your Ascension Paradox 2 lick, then i will try to make the arrengement and upload it smile.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 23 2011, 07:57 PM
Great wink.gif I am really excited about seeing you guys get better and better as we go. When I learn new bits of software, usually accidently by just clicking on menus and buttons to see what everything does, I get a feeling of accomplishment and can usually remember what I clicked on. If I watch videos, read manuals, often it won't stick when I go back to the software. I usually end up sort of bumping my head against it in a stubborn way until I get the hang of it. Then again, that's almost how I learned to play guitar as well. An almost defiant persistance will grant you many things.

QUOTE (quadrium @ Apr 21 2011, 02:22 PM) *
Okey Todd, i will give it a shot smile.gif Just need the newly recorded version (dry recording) of your Ascension Paradox 2 lick, then i will try to make the arrengement and upload it smile.gif

Dogukan,

Cool smile.gif I'll record a dry version of the paradox lick as well. I dig your lick too! We can mix and max all of them as well go. smile.gif

Building drums is very, very, hard part of home recording. Even with good tools like EZdrummer, you still have to build the track with various pre built bits and add fills/breaks. Otherwise, it will sound like our first songs drums. I dig our first effort smile.gif But the drum loop was a place holder at first. For our next one, now that we have some guitar parts, lets try to start building the rythm tracks in sections if we can.

Intro
Verse
Chorus
Outtro

this is not easy. It's a HUGE pain for most, including me, but it's worth doing.

TOdd
QUOTE (quadrium @ Apr 21 2011, 02:22 PM) *

Dogukan,

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 23 2011, 10:00 PM
Learning Tone Master
I'll dig into drums smile.gif I have never done it before but i will figure it out. Also having a Nanopad + EZ drummer is my main advantage smile.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 24 2011, 06:02 PM
EZ Drummer and a Nano pad are HUGE advantages and will help quite a bit. EZ drummer has tons of preset drum patterns. You can mix and match those by dragging them in to the timeline in reaper. This is an ART in an of itself. For a guitar player to build a drum section is a HUGE stretch typically but gives great insight in to the drummers world. Creating the foundation of track.

The hardest part is you almost have to hear it in your head to a degree before you build it. You need to have a rough idea of the parts and all, but being able to build what you want just takes repetition.

I'll build a drum track as well. Maybe Christian can do, it feels like working backwards as I usually start with guitar. The good news is, if we build in the rythm first, we won't run in to the probs we had with track one trying to fix the drums afterward which is always tough.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:52 AM