3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
For Sale: Caparison Tat2
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 8 2008, 08:04 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Oct 8 2008, 07:46 PM) *
Oh my that is going to be hard to match, it would be easier if it was a solid color, but it could be changed, what I would do is sand fix it with black, and do a sunburst to black to hide it, it isn't easy if you haven't done it, but a luthier would be able to do it. And make it look natural

I knew it wouldn't be easy. They did offer me £200 at Caparison to fix it to a nearly as new standard.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Oct 8 2008, 08:04 PM
That's a pretty rippin lookin axe dude especially the neck

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Oct 8 2008, 08:41 PM
Instructor
Man, that is expensive, and you probably don't want to give it a shot yourself, I would keep it man, the guitar looks awesome.

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 8 2008, 09:18 PM
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Oct 8 2008, 08:41 PM) *
Man, that is expensive, and you probably don't want to give it a shot yourself, I would keep it man, the guitar looks awesome.

Even with the damage? Do you think the damage is bad?

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Oct 8 2008, 09:26 PM
Instructor
I mean it is just the paint, it doesn't affect the tone, if it was me I would keep it and have it fixed. I know it is painful to see your awesome paint job ruined, It has happened to me, but after some time the pain goes away.

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
jer
Oct 8 2008, 09:41 PM
He's right.

Everyone telling you to keep it is.

Almost NO ONE is happy that they sold a guitar. Ask them. Nearly everyone regrets it.

And this is a freakin' CAPARISON!!!! Not some run of the mill mexi strat. Or yet ANOTHER Ibanex RG.....

THIS IS AN ELITE GUITAR.

You are gonna sell is for 2000 euro when it'll cost you how much to replace it down the line?

If you absolutely have to have the money then do what you gotta do.

But if there is a way around it, think really hard bro.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Canis
Oct 8 2008, 10:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
Looks sexy... So do you with that beard! tongue.gif

I don't mind small chips like that. It gives the guitar soul, and makes it even more recognizable.
Also, I have to say that I agree with everyone else that says that people regret when they sell a guitar. Haven't you said that you collect guitars? ohmy.gif Your other ones would be sad if you let one of them go...

This post has been edited by Canis: Oct 8 2008, 10:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Oct 8 2008, 10:23 PM
QUOTE (Canis @ Oct 8 2008, 11:03 PM) *
Looks sexy... So do you with that beard! tongue.gif

I don't mind small chips like that. It gives the guitar soul, and makes it even more recognizeable (spell check?).
Also, I have to say that I agree with everyone else that says that people regret when they sell a guitar. Haven't you said that you collect guitars? ohmy.gif Your other ones would be sad if you let one of them go...

FAIL

And sorry bout the OT rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canis
Oct 8 2008, 10:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Oct 8 2008, 11:23 PM) *
FAIL

And sorry bout the OT rolleyes.gif

Fixed tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 8 2008, 10:31 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 8 2008, 09:04 PM) *
I knew it wouldn't be easy. They did offer me £200 at Caparison to fix it to a nearly as new standard.

In my opinion that is a pretty cheap price to pay to restore such an awesome guitar OC.

If I were you I'd send it to Caparison, pay £200 and live happily ever after. Anyone pays more than that everytime a bump in the car has to be fixed... and the guitar is a life-time investment, so from that point of view, repairing it is a bargain (compared to the price we pay to fix a washing machine or a car, etc.). And I'm sure the guys that made the guitar will do an awesome job.

I wouldn't sell it.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 8 2008, 11:21 PM
I think I might send it away to get fixed and buy a Horus to go alongside the beautiful TAT2. Horus are cheaper models than TAT2's but they have 27 frets smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 8 2008, 11:32 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 8 2008, 11:21 PM) *
I think I might send it away to get fixed and buy a Horus to go alongside the beautiful TAT2. Horus are cheaper models than TAT2's but they have 27 frets smile.gif

good plan, I was looking at the Horus models on the web today, they look pretty sweet as well

I WANT THEM ALL!!!!!!! laugh.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Oct 9 2008, 12:17 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 8 2008, 06:21 PM) *

Now weve got him buying MORE guitars! laugh.gif laugh.gif
edit: but seriusly, thats what you should do. you wont regret it!

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Oct 9 2008, 12:18 AM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 9 2008, 12:56 AM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Oct 9 2008, 12:17 AM) *
Now weve got him buying MORE guitars! laugh.gif laugh.gif
edit: but seriusly, thats what you should do. you wont regret it!

That's my problem lol. I'm gonna save for a Horus smile.gif I'm addicted to buying guitars and playing them I think biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
jer
Oct 9 2008, 01:15 AM
See how your pals here at GMC did the right thing and got you ro keep it instead of taking it from you?

Of course had you said yes to the $1000 US I'd have bought it yesterday.... smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 10 2008, 02:03 PM
dont look too bad with that chip-just stick some tape over it or a couple of plasters in x formation and heal her wound

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 4 2008, 12:05 PM
I still need to sell this guitar. I'm dropping it to £1000 including delivery. Is nobody interested in this? I might just put it on ebay if nobody wants it or if anybody wishes to offer me a price I will consider it.

Cheers. smile.gif I need the money desperately.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 4 2008, 12:51 PM
I still really want to sell this and so I'm dropping it to £925 including shipping to anywhere in the EU. If there are no offers then I guess I will put it on ebay.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 10 2009, 08:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Are you still trying to sell it?

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 10 2009, 09:07 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 10 2009, 07:43 PM) *
Are you still trying to sell it?

If OC's has gone I just found THIS ONE on eBay. It's a Horus rather than a Tat2, but looks like a fairly decent price!
smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Feb 10 2009, 09:08 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:39 PM