3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
**Dragged Through The Dirt**, Uploads
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 24 2008, 03:40 PM
GMC:er
Singing isn't coming along so well lol. Here is what I have got so far. smile.gif

I've done 5 tracks. I need to do the main lead vocals.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Dam_That_River_with_Vocals.mp3 ( 3.47MB ) Number of downloads: 281

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Feb 24 2008, 03:45 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 24 2008, 03:40 PM) *
Singing isn't coming along so well lol. Here is what I have got so far. smile.gif

Thoutgh it is a note perfect, can you try to scream a bit? Ill record a chorus, how I imagine it and send it to you smile.gif

The verses actualy arent bad, I would just change the style at chorus:) Ill show you how:) just give me a bit time:)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 24 2008, 03:46 PM
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Feb 24 2008, 02:45 PM) *
Thoutgh it is a note perfect, can you try to scream a bit? Ill record a chorus, how I imagine it and send it to you smile.gif

The verses actualy arent bad, I would just change the style at chorus:) Ill show you how:) just give me a bit time:)

Thise are the rhythm's mate. It is drastically layered in the song with about 10 layers. I've done 5 rhythm layers and I need to do the 5 other layers of the more bassy screams. Do you agree? Or not? I am doing the screamy ones next. Those are the harmonies.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Feb 24 2008, 03:58 PM
Learning Tone Guru
AH,.. ok then:) I'll make some screamy vocals for your disposal on choruses ok?smile.gif (better said.. Ill try to do:) )

EDIT: Ill do those vocals a bit later..

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Feb 24 2008, 04:36 PM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 24 2008, 10:34 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 24 2008, 02:40 PM) *

i thought that sounded good mate! biggrin.gif

look forward to the lead vocals on there

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 25 2008, 01:48 AM
QUOTE (Smells @ Feb 24 2008, 09:34 PM) *
i thought that sounded good mate! biggrin.gif

look forward to the lead vocals on there

cheers man. im not very good at vocals but i try my best and hopefully im at least an adequate backing singer. gonna record rest of vocals tomoz hopefully. got music theory exam on wednesday also however.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 25 2008, 11:21 AM
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Feb 24 2008, 02:58 PM) *
AH,.. ok then:) I'll make some screamy vocals for your disposal on choruses ok?smile.gif (better said.. Ill try to do:) )

EDIT: Ill do those vocals a bit later..

Cool. Well if you send us them I will mix them in with mine but I hope to get more done tonight and complete them by tomorrow but I have got a Music Theory Grading exam on Wednesday so I need to just go over that again to refresh my memory.

Should hopefully have this song complete by Thursday smile.gif

Did you give the other tracks a listen for next cover?

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 25 2008, 08:09 PM
I've been trying to finish the vocals off but I'm really struggling today to sing at all and it's giving me a headache. I think I've got a bit of a cold and it is killing my throat. Can you record the heavy vocals over the clean ones that I've done so far and then we can do the bit after the solo soon.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 1 2008, 11:00 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Hia.. Ill need a bit more time, cos my throat is damaged too:D We have realyy spring like weather few days.. and then snowstorms started again and it caught me off guard:D Plly during next week I'll be able to do something.. for now I am staying in bad:(

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 1 2008, 09:53 PM
My throat is messed up bad at the minute. Been awful weather here. Gotta give it another few days to calm down annoyingly sad.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 1 2008, 12:15 AM
My throat is a bit better now so I may be able to complete this soon.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Apr 1 2008, 06:11 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Thats funny.. I now got Angina (if thats how it is called in english) and in friday I go out on 10 days... so I need to rest as much as I can biggrin.gif I havent been even able to pick up guitar for few days sad.gif But after I return, I'll get back to the duties wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 22 2008, 04:27 PM
We are in desperate need of another member to help me out and to keep this going. Any offers? Anybody who can sing? guitar? accordian biggrin.gif If somebody has a strong voice and likes grunge music that would be awesome smile.gif

If you'd like to help me out please view the requirements that Smells has set up also smile.gif So if you have been in a collab before etc.

Cheers smile.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: May 22 2008, 04:30 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
May 22 2008, 04:32 PM
At my place it sounds way too bassy but it's not the final mix I suppose smile.gif Hope I don't step on any toes but here's what I think:

Lower the bass, lowcut and raise at 200Hz if needed. Also a lot of rumble can be found in 200-250 Hz on both bass and guitars so try to cut some on that range as well. The vocals are a bit too high and the drums must up. Especially the kick. Compressor on the vocals so the levels are more even. The song is very good so with a good mix and mastering work it will sound really great I think. I'd be happy to try mix it for you when it's ready.

Check the picture too see where you must cut the bass...

Attached Image

You see a grey line as well in the picture. Your song is the green spectrum.
Try to follow that line with the master EQ... straight to the right and falling at the end... It's not wrong to have higher values but be careful especially in these areas: Under 50Hz (rumble), 200-250Hz (rumble) and 5000 with vocals.
Nr 1 should be more close to nr 2. wink.gif

Anyway, keep it up!

This post has been edited by Antipolitik: May 22 2008, 04:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 22 2008, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the comments man but I am next to useless at recording lol. That bass was my first ever recording biggrin.gif I'm still getting to grips with it. I want to record everything again to be honest. Jacub did the guitar great but the bass and my vocals are so poor. All this technical wizardry is beyond me but I will try and understand smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
May 23 2008, 02:52 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ May 22 2008, 05:38 PM) *
Thanks for the comments man but I am next to useless at recording lol. That bass was my first ever recording biggrin.gif I'm still getting to grips with it. I want to record everything again to be honest. Jacub did the guitar great but the bass and my vocals are so poor. All this technical wizardry is beyond me but I will try and understand smile.gif

Your vocals are NOT poor. Trust me. If you use Cubase I would love to mix your track. I'll bring out the best of your vocals wink.gif If it's possible just add me on MSN and send the project in a .rar file or something.

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 3 2008, 03:16 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I've talked with OC in the past about the band just wanted to get a quick update on where you guys stand. Are you still in? smile.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 3 2008, 03:23 PM
I don't know what is going on I'm afraid. I still have the problem that it is just me sad.gif Iluha I don't know if he is in or what. I want to get stuff done but it isn't easy without the members. Maybe it is easier for me to dissolve this band and join other members to rock. Or not what do you think? I really want to do this but I don't really want to make songs on my own.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 3 2008, 04:09 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 3 2008, 10:23 AM) *
I don't know what is going on I'm afraid. I still have the problem that it is just me sad.gif Iluha I don't know if he is in or what. I want to get stuff done but it isn't easy without the members. Maybe it is easier for me to dissolve this band and join other members to rock. Or not what do you think? I really want to do this but I don't really want to make songs on my own.

PM the members OC and see if they are still in. If not, dissolve the band as you said and we will get you with some other members who want to jam.. smile.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 3 2008, 04:34 PM
There was only ever 2 of us lol. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:56 AM