2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Personal Mentor Thread For Guitarz
guitarz
Jul 18 2022, 10:47 PM
GMC:er
Wow, a video just me, Thank you. I take your advice and work on my vibrato. I have not worked on my vibrato for years. Peace

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
guitarz
Aug 7 2022, 09:46 PM
https://youtu.be/4NTFwhLsAvE

Here is my long-awaited video, after working on my vibrato. Thanks again for all your advice, Peace

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 8 2022, 08:55 AM
GMC Founder
Awesome mate!

First: I love your organic, woody tone. It lets the touch generated by your right hand shine through in a beautiful way - gives me Holdsworth / Garsed vibes!

Vibrato-wise this is a huuuge improvement. The overall vibrato movement and depth is much better.

In the beginning you apply the vibrato a tad early, so we don't really get to hear the pitch you are aiming for, but then at 00:20 you do it beautifully.

So what we are looking for now, is consistency. Try to have a plan for every note: how will you phrase the vibrato / bending?

A good general rule is to not apply any vibrato at all, instead of applying a generic immediate vibrato. The reason being you can always gradually add vibrato (just like you did at 00:20) - however the opposite is not true (you can not withdraw vibrato 😅).

For your next task, I would like to see you apply this kind of thinking to your lines:

* either no vibrato at all

* or a gradual buildup

* or first let the note ring, before adding vibrato to your taste

You have demonstrated that you already have the technique for this - so this will mostly be a matter of fighting your own impulses. With the possibility of a big reward 😎

--------------------

+Quote Post
guitarz
Aug 8 2022, 11:50 PM
Yes, I agree. I did not have much of plan, on when and when not to vibrato. I was just trying to employ some different vibrato techniques. I also felt I rushed through some phrasing, due to the inexperience with music theory. It is hard for me to think while playing, restricting myself too just a few notes. I am used to playing whatever notes I wanted. It will take some time to get comfortable. I will take your advice and work on what you suggested. Thanks for all your help, Peace

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 23 2022, 08:02 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (guitarz @ Aug 9 2022, 12:50 AM) *
Yes, I agree. I did not have much of plan, on when and when not to vibrato. I was just trying to employ some different vibrato techniques. I also felt I rushed through some phrasing, due to the inexperience with music theory. It is hard for me to think while playing, restricting myself too just a few notes. I am used to playing whatever notes I wanted. It will take some time to get comfortable. I will take your advice and work on what you suggested. Thanks for all your help, Peace

To challenge you some more, we could def start exploring some theory 😎

Could you list what scales/arpeggios you are comfortable using when soloing?

This will allow me to identify low hanging theory fruit for you!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:58 PM