Hello
MercyfulDiamond
Jul 4 2007, 02:00 AM
GMC:er
Hello all! My name is Sean, writing from Connecticut, USA.

I just recently started coming here after habitually reading Kris' postings on UG and I find everything here has been really helpful in trying to figure out what the hell I do wrong.

I started messing around with playing with a guitar roughly two years ago. I never honestly took learning to play seriously; I used to just sit around and practice chords when i got the chance and attempt to play through various songs I liked.

Now that I am actually bunkering down and applying myself to it and watching insturctionals on the site, I find my alt picking is sloppy as anything, and I have super difficulty keeping my pinky from stiffening up.

If anybody has any suggestions that are not mentioned in the videos (which are very helpful by the way), drop me a line sometime.

Oh, I also own a BC Rich Bronze Warlock, Ibanez AG acoustic and a Squier skull and crossbones bass.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 4 2007, 02:04 AM
QUOTE (MercyfulDiamond @ Jul 3 2007, 07:00 PM) *

I just recently started coming here after habitually reading Kris' postings on UG and I find everything here has been really helpful in trying to figure out what the hell I do wrong.

I started messing around with playing with a guitar roughly two years ago. I never honestly took learning to play seriously; I used to just sit around and practice chords when i got the chance and attempt to play through various songs I liked.

Now that I am actually bunkering down and applying myself to it and watching insturctionals on the site, I find my alt picking is sloppy as anything, and I have super difficulty keeping my pinky from stiffening up.

If anybody has any suggestions that are not mentioned in the videos (which are very helpful by the way), drop me a line sometime.

Oh, I also own a BC Rich Bronze Warlock, Ibanez AG acoustic and a Squier skull and crossbones bass.

hey, welcome to GMC!, if you wanna get serious about guitar, you came to the right place! Have fun smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 4 2007, 02:19 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (MercyfulDiamond @ Jul 3 2007, 10:00 PM) *

Hey Sean!

You have definatly come to the right place. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, only been playing for 2 yrs but seriously for only like 5 or 6 months. This site has done wonders for my playing. The lessons are great and there is so much useful info on the forum.( and it's not nasty like some other forums. Everyone is pretty cool) You'll find all the instructors are very nice and very helpful. They are always answering our questions in the lessons and they post lots on the forum. So welcome to your new favorite site man...your gonna love it here. smile.gif

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 4 2007, 03:29 AM
Welcome Sean!

You will steadily progress if you stick to the GMC method ;D

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 4 2007, 06:24 AM
Welcome, youve chosen a great place to come if your serious about guitar. stay close to the fourms too smile.gif theres almost an infinate amount of guitar knowledge floating around here and anything you need help with just ask and it will probably be answered smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:45 AM