Gmc Chess Tournament
Jim S.
Apr 4 2015, 02:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys Id like to see how many of you would be willing to have a chess tournament.

I think it should be just for fun. Everybody interested should post below with your level. Amateur to ?????

As the players come well match them up bracket style. After the mashups are established then we can proceed.

How do we play each other? The app chess.com there you can register your profile and find your opponent and play them on your phone.

I need help getting it all figured out so if you have any ideas please post below.

Should there be a real prize? Would a $5 entry fee work for you guys? If so then maybe there could be a pedal or something cool. I'm open to any suggestions and I'll go with majority.

I'll go first, Im an amateur player and im in!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 4 2015, 03:16 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Sounds like an fun idea. I would say I'm an amateur player.

I'm not sure about a real prize since others might be on a higher skill level.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Apr 4 2015, 03:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 4 2015, 10:16 AM) *
Sounds like an fun idea. I would say I'm an amateur player.

I'm not sure about a real prize since others might be on a higher skill level.

yes I agree it will be fun and the different levels of players may be tricky to give a fair award. Depending on those that participate will determine that.

So are you in?

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 4 2015, 04:09 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Jim S. @ Apr 4 2015, 02:24 PM) *
yes I agree it will be fun and the different levels of players may be tricky to give a fair award. Depending on those that participate will determine that.

So are you in?

Yes, count me in!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Apr 4 2015, 04:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 4 2015, 11:09 AM) *
Yes, count me in!

Great!

Here's the app Chess - Play & Learn by Chess.com
https://appsto.re/us/1N3Nt.i

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 4 2015, 06:02 PM
GMC:er
Only folks with iPhones can grab that app sadly. sad.gif Maybe a website that hosts chess games would work a bit better for our purposes? Here is one where you can play online in turn based play. smile.gif Each game can be tracked.

https://www.chess.com/register

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Apr 4 2015, 11:30 AM) *
Great!

Here's the app Chess - Play & Learn by Chess.com
https://appsto.re/us/1N3Nt.i

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Apr 4 2015, 08:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 4 2015, 01:02 PM) *
Only folks with iPhones can grab that app sadly. sad.gif Maybe a website that hosts chess games would work a bit better for our purposes? Here is one where you can play online in turn based play. smile.gif Each game can be tracked.

https://www.chess.com/register

Hey that's perfect todd!

My user name is jstulls

So are you in todd?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 6 2015, 05:19 PM
GMC:er
I'm in!! smile.gif I started a game with you @ chess.com smile.gif My username is techiqueswithtodd and the game is called GMC GAME #1. Game on!

Todd

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Apr 4 2015, 03:41 PM) *
Hey that's perfect todd!

My user name is jstulls

So are you in todd?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:59 AM