An Impov Working On Legato, My son made me! Another Joe track "Echo"
UncleSkillet
Oct 20 2008, 03:30 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I worked on some legato today and my son walked in on me and just stared at me while I played. blink.gif Obviously I was recording at the time, why wouldn’t I be. I could of maybe down better in front of a big crowd I think. But when your kid is looking at you and your trying to be a role model, man that is some preasure. laugh.gif

He liked it and I know it is sloppy but I promised him I would post it for everyone. That's cool though. I probably need to make myself accountable at least once a week so I can get better and justify not being able to spend time with him.

I must be nuts. biggrin.gif I think I got the tone patch pretty good and if I could tighten things up, keep working on legato and figure out what notes to land on it might turn out OK.

All comments are welcome.

Thanks for listening

My name is Jeff biggrin.gif cool.gif

Attached File  Satriani_Echo.mp3 ( 5.94MB ) Number of downloads: 318

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Oct 20 2008, 04:13 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Outlaw2112
Oct 20 2008, 04:18 AM
GMC:er
I liked it alot bro, especially your fast runs... good job

can you post that backing track? Id like to mess with it also..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Oct 20 2008, 04:37 AM
Very nice man, is that a total improv? I really like your tone and note selection

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 20 2008, 04:51 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Oct 19 2008, 11:18 PM) *
I liked it alot bro, especially your fast runs... good job

can you post that backing track? Id like to mess with it also..

Hey thanks for the kind words bro.

Here is your link for the download. http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/play/sat...i,_joe/echo.htm

QUOTE (fatb0t @ Oct 19 2008, 11:37 PM) *
Very nice man, is that a total improv? I really like your tone and note selection

Well not a total improv but thanks.

I was just doing it from memory. The faster middle stuff was improv.

Need to listen to the song again and try to get everything much tighter.

The tone is mine . Glad you like it and thanks.

Cheers

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Oct 20 2008, 04:52 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 20 2008, 05:00 AM
Instructor
Thank you for posting this Jeff !
I love Echo by Satch its in 5/4 and very interesting way to phrase in Instrumental Rock manner.

I liked your sound and your take was good!
I look forward to more recordings from you.
Thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 20 2008, 05:35 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Oct 20 2008, 12:00 AM) *
Thank you for posting this Jeff !
I love Echo by Satch its in 5/4 and very interesting way to phrase in Instrumental Rock manner.

I liked your sound and your take was good!
I look forward to more recordings from you.
Thanks

Hey , thanks for the kind words man. smile.gif

I am looking forward to your take.

My next one will be better I promise wink.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Oct 20 2008, 05:36 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 20 2008, 09:10 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Thought your take was fantastic man! Great job.. smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 21 2008, 01:35 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I appreciate it man. Thanks!

I commented in the other thread but hey, congrats again on becoming a senior.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Oct 21 2008, 02:59 AM
You keep impressing me man, keep it up.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Oct 21 2008, 04:43 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Awesome playing man, you did a great work there!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 22 2008, 12:59 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks TJ and Coffeeman for your nice comments.

I would really appreciate a few comments on the tone patch I created for this if someone wouldn’t mind. My PC speakers are crap and old. I know that some of you have nice monitors to listen through. What does it sound like? Any tweaks that you think would make it sound better?

All I used is a Tone Port UX1 (stock with no model packs) my Strat and Reaper as the DAW (no adjustment on the final mix except levels). It’s kind of challenging to get a shred sound like his with just that.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Oct 22 2008, 09:12 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Sounds really good......

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:58 PM