> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

28 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > »   
Elhombre's Axe Laboratory
Cosmin Lupu
May 27 2013, 07:06 AM
Instructor
Thank you for your kind thoughts man smile.gif Well, is this program a sort of a pluggin of some kind? Maybe you should try other pluggins... ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 27 2013, 09:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
exactly, plugin, but created good atmoshpere. Anyway
I cant play this over 4/4, i have to raise the tempo a lot, but it still becomes static.

Is it possible for you to make a recording?

Chords: A -B -C# -B - C# A- B -C# -E -D# -B - C#

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 28 2013, 08:11 AM
Instructor
Hey man, play it slow first and see what tempo is comfortable for you and send it over here a in a recording first things first, aye? wink.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 28 2013, 12:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here it is, 190 bpm.
It feels very static and has no go in it compared to the other one

You told me before that it was not wrong in the rythm, or was it?
Maybe I can change the idea to be 6/8 or 3/4 ?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  rocksong1.01.mp3 ( 810.2K ) Number of downloads: 48

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 29 2013, 08:13 AM
Instructor
Mate, the idea is to practice it until you can play it with the swing feel at a higher speed smile.gif I can try and play it faster having that feel, but then, you will have to do it too biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 30 2013, 10:13 AM
Learning Rock Star
alright smile.gif me first or you?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 30 2013, 12:00 PM
Instructor
It doesn't matter who's first smile.gif I will learn it and post my version when it's done wink.gif

In the mean time - how's it going with our deadlines? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: May 30 2013, 12:00 PM

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 30 2013, 08:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
Its going good, worked some on the metal song, and Im going to play Still Hurts on monday on a concert, I will play it + one of my songs

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 31 2013, 08:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ May 30 2013, 07:37 PM) *
Its going good, worked some on the metal song, and Im going to play Still Hurts on monday on a concert, I will play it + one of my songs

Can you shoot a video of the performance? I'd be thrilled to see you perform 'Still hurts' live smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 31 2013, 12:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
I cant promise but maybe I can get it on film I will see smile.gif
Anyway it still needs work, but in 2 weeks I think I have the cover on youtube.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 1 2013, 10:49 AM
Instructor
Great to hear smile.gif Next week I'll post my take on your riff wink.gif Hope I won't mess it up or something biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 4 2013, 12:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
Something I also should add to my praticing, I used to do it should do it again.
Playing different patterns to a metronome, I started doing it today too. I got a pretty good book for that.

Im checking out some groupings now. Im going to try to translate it to english.
The book says: "in excercise 52 we got sextuplets grouped as sixteenth notes. That means that we got the speed from sextuplets but the pattern from sixteenth notes".

I know how to play that, but I dont really know what it means

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 5 2013, 08:02 AM
Instructor
Hey mate - I'll make a little movie for ya - it's not sextuplets actually, it's groups of 6 16th notes biggrin.gif Playing those groupings can REALLY boost your capabilities wink.gif I got something extra for ya as well, in the form of some exercises I created, combining various odd groupings! Stay close, ok?

Also, can you please tell me what the name of that book would be? Thank you in advance wink.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jun 5 2013, 09:41 PM

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 13 2013, 11:00 AM
Learning Rock Star
how is it going with the vid smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 13 2013, 04:52 PM
Instructor
here ya go mate - I tried to explain the approach as best I could - I think I sorted out a little piece of the riff - but the approach is the important thing, so please tell me if you understood the groove.

The Timmons tune:

Yours should be a little slower than this, tho smile.gif As I see it..

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jun 17 2013, 12:04 PM

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 19 2013, 01:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ok thank you smile.gif
I will look into this just a quick question

how would you finger this arpeggio?

---------------------------5h9----
----------------------7------------
----------------7------------------
----------7------------------------
-5h9------------------------------
-----------------------------------

and another question, this is the actual rythm of the verse, im not going to play over that shuffle riff.
Or is this also going to be shuffle? anything wrong with this?

And also a chorus that will sound something like this

Attached File(s)
Attached File  rockrythm.mp3 ( 673.06K ) Number of downloads: 47
Attached File  rocksongchorus.mp3 ( 331.02K ) Number of downloads: 47

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 20 2013, 11:22 AM
Instructor
Hey Hombre biggrin.gif I thought this would be easier than writing, so here we go:

Around min 03:11 smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 21 2013, 11:28 AM
Learning Rock Star
You playing classical music with an whole orchestera? I did not know abou that smile.gif very cool i must say.
do you also roll your finger when you play it backwards? It looked like that.
Its hard for me, so I play it with fingers, 3-2-1, it works backwards for me

Also last question, the chords for the melody I play them the way I played you think? And not the shuffle feel on them?

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Jun 21 2013, 11:33 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 22 2013, 08:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jun 21 2013, 10:28 AM) *
You playing classical music with an whole orchestera? I did not know abou that smile.gif very cool i must say.
do you also roll your finger when you play it backwards? It looked like that.
Its hard for me, so I play it with fingers, 3-2-1, it works backwards for me

Also last question, the chords for the melody I play them the way I played you think? And not the shuffle feel on them?

Hey mate - yeah, I am involved in a big project called 'Mozart Rocks!' which basically deals with 7-8 guitarists and various philharmonic orchestras - we play classical music as well as timeless rock hits that go well with the orchestra.

Uh-oh, too many fingers for me there man - I would get them mismatched for certain laugh.gif I keep to the rolling technique as it works best if I train in that direction (as I said, I haven't been practiced sweeping since 2011 when we last played with this project - hopefully, we will gig again this year, but it's difficult to organize it, due to the big amounts of money needed)

I think that everything in that song should stick to the shuffle groove, otherwise, there will be some sort of lack of homogeneity, you know...

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Aug 23 2013, 10:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello smile.gif
I got my 7 string today, tried it out in a store it was really great to play
Playing stuff I made on a 6 string worked well just after a little pratice getting used having an extra string (makes u thinking u are on the one string at first)

Already learning a few songs and experimented smile.gif
I also got to think of this cool rythm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBjNmGW1Z_8...-fhqo7QLw7LEOMQ
I watched a while back.

Do you know the certain technique used in this rythm? not gallop from what I hear and It cant be AP either?
ive heard it before in other songs, so fast, but i cannot understand what technique to use

--------------------

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:07 PM