Ordered A New Guitar.......
sted
Jul 18 2009, 11:45 AM
Learning Rock Star
I decided I just couldnt live without a strat after all! I tried a few guitars the other day including a G&L S-500 and an awesome USA market only thinskin 58 replica strat (Very nice!)
But the one i liked the best was the Eric Johnson signature model, quite expensive for a strat but the combination of top quality craftmanship and materials with some nice features sold me, so ive ordered one and it should be here tues/wed next week.
Main differences from a standard:

Select 2 piece alder body
12 inch radius neck (standard strats are 9.5, vintage is 7.5, this is more like my Les Paul, great for bends!)
quartersawn maple neck A grade
custom wound pick ups
No backplate trem cover
vintage 5 spring trem
Nitro "thin skin" finish
altered headstcok, eliminating string trees
Staggered tuners
altered tone control (Controls the bridge pup rather than the middle, why dont all strats have his??)

I couldnt beleive this wasnt a custom shop guitar, they feel amazingly well made for a factory finish, of course you need to live with a guitar to really know if you like it!

I might do a video review of it and post it up too.

anyway this is the finish I ordered.

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:15 AM