A Little Bit Of Advice From Me
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Nov 4 2008, 01:41 AM
GMC:er
Im sure pretty much everyone here listens to music ( Duh!.). One thing I discovered that I do believe helps improve :Inspiration, Motivation, and a variety of other things is something that is actually really simple.

Lets say you turn on the radio and this is your first sentence:

" Oh my god, Fall Out Boy! They SUCK!|" mad.gif

and you look for something else to listen to.

Three months later, you might hear the same song, and have a totally different set of ears when listening to it, and you may really like it ! Something like this actually happened to me. I started listening to a band I never thought I would listen to, and I started going back and listening to songs I used to like and songs I also used to hate. What I found Is that as we all grow as musicians are musical tastes change alot, but there is nothing like finding new ways to be inspired !

My Advice ?

1) Go into your Itunes Library or whatever and look for something you havnt listened to in forever, Listen to it !
See if you still like it as much as you did. If so, Ask yourself why. If you dont, Analyze that aswell !:D

2) Try to find a style or song that you've never really liked. Listen to it !
See if anythings changed ! biggrin.gif ! If so, why has it changed ! If not, Analyze that also !

3) After you have listened some of your Best and Worsts of 08, try writingsome music.
See what comes up.

Ive found out that alot of the stuff I would never listen to a year ago, I am listening now ! It really is great inspiration !

Hope that helped ! Later ! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:12 AM