3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Lcsdds (monte Stevens)/ Jesse Mtp Thread, Hi Jesse!! Lets get going
Jesse
Jan 12 2009, 12:04 PM
GMC:er
Ah, of course-_- Shoudl've known that! I'm sick, so Ill get some hardcore practicing in today/tomorrow:D I'd like to do the alice in chains lesson, since that one's the furthest away from me now, so I think that would be most usefull!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 12 2009, 12:07 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jan 12 2009, 12:04 PM) *
Ah, of course-_- Shoudl've known that! I'm sick, so Ill get some hardcore practicing in today/tomorrow:D I'd like to do the alice in chains lesson, since that one's the furthest away from me now, so I think that would be most usefull!

Sounds good. I'll go over that lesson and we'll start working on sometime between Wed and Fri. Hope you feel better!! biggrin.gif

Monte

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 13 2009, 09:37 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Jesse,
Hope you are feeling better. Hey, for next weeks lesson you wanted to tackle the Alice in Chains lesson so here is what I want you to do. Start going through it and we will start working on it together on Thursday or Friday. I want you to start going through it on your own first though so you can tell me what parts are giving you problems. That way we can focus on those specific areas. How are the technique licks coming? Any questions about anything? I hope you are feeling better. biggrin.gif

Monte

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 15 2009, 11:28 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Jesse,
Haven't heard from you for a couple of days. How are things going?

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 16 2009, 10:23 AM
still sick:| Throat seems to be getting a bit worse, but nothing too serious. I only need 1 more of the sliding patterns, and the alice in chains lesson is going ok.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 16 2009, 11:27 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jan 16 2009, 10:23 AM) *
still sick:| Throat seems to be getting a bit worse, but nothing too serious. I only need 1 more of the sliding patterns, and the alice in chains lesson is going ok.

Sorry you are still not feeling good Jesse. Let me know if you need any help. I'll wait to hear from you. If you feel up to it hopefully you can post a vid of the stuff I was wanting you to learn for the week. Let me know if you are having any issues with the Alice in Chains lesson. Maybe you could post a video of you playing what you have learned so far on that lesson. Plan on posting something by Sunday if you are feeling up to it. Get well dude!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 18 2009, 02:49 PM
... I'm still not better, but I was going to make a video, and halfway trough, the battery runs out. My camera is so crap, "I wish I could sue other words" that it shows a full battery at start and then goes empty. I will put up audio files now, and hopefully video tomorrow. I'm sorry if I dissapointed you with my current activity. I have nto been feeling to well and had alot to prepare for at school, For example a german oral exam... it pay'd off tho, I got a 7 out of 10 ^^

The tapping lick is rather difficult when its going up. I mean... oh wait... The first note is picked? I was tapping that one:D No wonder I couldnt get a decent sound ^^ Heres Alice in Chains video, 1

This post has been edited by Jesse: Jan 18 2009, 02:56 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Aliceinchains1.mp3 ( 386.12K ) Number of downloads: 176

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 18 2009, 03:11 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jan 18 2009, 02:49 PM) *
... I'm still not better, but I was going to make a video, and halfway trough, the battery runs out. My camera is so crap, "I wish I could sue other words" that it shows a full battery at start and then goes empty. I will put up audio files now, and hopefully video tomorrow. I'm sorry if I dissapointed you with my current activity. I have nto been feeling to well and had alot to prepare for at school, For example a german oral exam... it pay'd off tho, I got a 7 out of 10 ^^

The tapping lick is rather difficult when its going up. I mean... oh wait... The first note is picked? I was tapping that one:D No wonder I couldnt get a decent sound ^^ Heres Alice in Chains video, 1

No worries Jesse. I understand you are not feeling well and have other things in life occupying your time. We all go through that its called LIFE. laugh.gif laugh.gif Not sure I understand where you are having problems with the tapping lick. You should be able to play that whole lick without picking a single note. When ascending you will use hammer-ons with your left hand. You need to be very comfortable using this technique of hammering on with your left hand because you can do some really cool things with it while tapping. How are the sweeping, picking and legato excercises going? If you could at least post an audio clip of you playing all four these licks so I can hear them that would be great. Video would be even better but if you camera is toast I understand.

The Alice in Chains sounded good!! Keep going on this one and I'll get back to you after you post an audio file of the technique licks. Hope you feel better and keep working hard in school. It will pay off in the long run!!

Monte

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 23 2009, 09:29 PM
Woah Im back, sorry that it took soooo loong. >.<.

The tapping part is a pain in the neck! That's going to take a while for me to play it smooth ascending.

Check out 3 takes from my band in the chill out section called My Band! 3 Rough takes!

This post has been edited by Jesse: Jan 23 2009, 09:42 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  TechniqueLegatoPicikingSweep.mp3 ( 559.59K ) Number of downloads: 152
Attached File  TappingLick.mp3 ( 295.51K ) Number of downloads: 166

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 23 2009, 09:56 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jan 23 2009, 09:29 PM) *
Woah Im back, sorry that it took soooo loong. >.<.

The tapping part is a pain in the neck! That's going to take a while for me to play it smooth ascending.

Check out 3 takes from my band in the chill out section called My Band! 3 Rough takes!

You are still alive. laugh.gif laugh.gif Is there any way you could make a video Jesse so I can see what your hands are doing and give you some tips? Let me know and then I'll get back to you and where we will go from here. Good to hear from you again.

Monte

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:13 PM