We Need More Instructor Collabs..., ...desperately!
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 26 2008, 10:42 AM
GMC Founder
Well the title says it all! biggrin.gif

The smoke on the water collab is going to be a fabulous one - but these collabs are too much fun, we need to do them more often!

Maybe we should aim for a new instructor collab at least ~ once per month? What do you guys think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Marcus Siepen
Oct 26 2008, 11:58 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Sounds fine for me smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 26 2008, 02:54 PM
Instructor
I'm all for it too. :-)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 26 2008, 03:00 PM
Instructor
One collab or even more per month sounds great.
I takes more time for Andrew's SOTW collab
cause it involves more instruments,voices etc.
Guitar only collabs are much easier to complete,
I hope we'll have new ones pretty soon. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 26 2008, 05:32 PM
GMC Founder
^^ Agreed - more simple collabs with guitar-only could run parallely with the more advanced ones - such as as Andrew's SOTW.

So... biggrin.gif Do we have any suggestions/requests on what the next instructor collab could be about? unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 26 2008, 06:50 PM
Instructor
I have never done one but I could do. I have great rock/heavy backing track that I made for my next lesson. Is it allowed to do a lesson after I did a collaboraion with the same backing?

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 26 2008, 07:36 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Oct 26 2008, 08:50 PM) *
I have never done one but I could do. I have great rock/heavy backing track that I made for my next lesson. Is it allowed to do a lesson after I did a collaboraion with the same backing?

Absolutely! biggrin.gif How long is it? (I'm getting curious!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 26 2008, 07:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 26 2008, 07:36 PM) *

It's more than a minute if I'm right,
we could use per example 5 full backings to cover 10 instructors,
splitting each in 2 parts,just a thought. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 26 2008, 07:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 26 2008, 07:36 PM) *

my one is 55 seconds without the first 4 count but I can make it 45. If I loop it 10 times for 10 participants it will be about 7.5 minutes when the collaboration is finished. That should be ok.

The track is great to develop a good solo. It even has a bridge section and enough time to start something slow, then make explosion and finish nicely on the last part. Everyone could show some soloing creativity.

If this sounds ok I can upload the track right now and give some initial instructions. Also if Kristofer wants to hear the track first I can send it for approval.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 26 2008, 08:09 PM
GMC Founder
Sounds awesome - feel free to start the thread! smile.gif

And personally I don't feel that we need to set a fixed maximum of participants (at least not if we are just looping the same backing).

How about about if we give everybody 3-4 days to decide if they want to be in the collab - and then set a 3-4 weeks deadline?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 26 2008, 08:48 PM
Instructor
Sounds like a good idea (and a good backing) to me smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 26 2008, 08:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 26 2008, 08:09 PM) *
Sounds awesome - feel free to start the thread! smile.gif

And personally I don't feel that we need to set a fixed maximum of participants (at least not if we are just looping the same backing).

How about about if we give everybody 3-4 days to decide if they want to be in the collab - and then set a 3-4 weeks deadline?

Ok but now I am a bit confused. Shall we first start the topic and see if people are interested and then upload the backing or upload the track and wait for their confirmation.

I have sent you the track on e-mail so you can hear what this is about.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 26 2008, 09:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Oct 26 2008, 08:54 PM) *
Ok but now I am a bit confused. Shall we first start the topic and see if people are interested and then upload the backing or upload the track and wait for their confirmation.

You could just start a thread here in instructors corner with backing of course,
many will be interested for sure. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Oct 26 2008, 09:12 PM
Instructor
I'd like to participate, I have a few ideas that could work, but would be glad to work on someone else's idea, I always miss collaborations.

What genres do you guys have in mind?

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 26 2008, 09:38 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Oct 26 2008, 10:54 PM) *

Sorry for the confusion! You could do as Muris said, start a new topic with the backing included, asking who is interested!

I got the track - and I immediately started hearing all sorts of stuff in my head - so I am in for sure! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Oct 26 2008, 11:12 PM) *
I'd like to participate, I have a few ideas that could work, but would be glad to work on someone else's idea, I always miss collaborations.

What genres do you guys have in mind?

Actually I was going to suggest that maybe we should try a progressive Symphony X/Dream Theater style backing, and ask if you were interested in doing that.

But I think everybody wants to see more instructor collabs - so perhaps we can start yet a new one in 2-3 weeks?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 26 2008, 09:46 PM
Instructor
I'm in as well. Although I'm not very good in metal playing, I'll try to do something in my own style

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 26 2008, 10:01 PM
Instructor
Ok guys, the topic is there and I hope this will turn into an interesting collaboration.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 27 2008, 01:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Oct 26 2008, 09:04 PM) *
You could just start a thread here in instructors corner with backing of course,
many will be interested for sure. wink.gif

I did start the thread here in Instructors corner but this forum is invisible to others. Did I do the right thing or is it better that Kristofer moves the thread into Collaborations?

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 27 2008, 02:29 AM
Instructor
This board is visible for members Emir, don't worry, everybody can check out the progress of the collab. Cheers mate smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 27 2008, 02:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 27 2008, 02:29 AM) *
This board is visible for members Emir, don't worry, everybody can check out the progress of the collab. Cheers mate smile.gif

Thank you, I thought that Instructors corner is not visible to other members.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:44 AM