Better Late Than Never, -
gibsonmatte
Dec 5 2008, 11:47 AM
GMC:er
Hello GMC:ers!

I've actually been a member here since January 2008 but for some reason I have never found my way to this Topic. In other words I haven't introduced myself but here we go!

My name is Mattias and I live in a town called Malmoe, located in the southern parts of Sweden. I have actually been playing the guitar for approx 15 years but for some reason I still kinda suck at it. And here is the reason why:
I have since the day I started playing guitar been extremely lazy when it comes to practicing, learning music theory and other stuff that I didn't thought rocked. Learning music theory or learning scales when I started playing meant that I had to buy some books or instructions videos that were either extremely boring (the books) or too hard for me to understand (the videos). The only times that I actually "practiced" were when we rehearsed with the bands that I played in, or when we played live.
So basically my development in playing guitar has been more or less none for the past 15 years. I was able to do the stuff that I had to in the bands I played in but that's it.
But the breakthrough came in January this year when stumbled upon a video on youtube with Mr Kristofer Dahl. I think it was a video for Sweet child of mine with Gn'R and once I saw that I "clicked" my way to this site and since that day my world changed when it comes to playing guitar. For the first time in my life I actually found some motivation for practicing! And that's a big thing for me since I'm a bit lazy of the nature smile.gif And also the last year I have learned more and developed more than I have actually done in the past 14-15 years. Amazing!

I'm still extremely impressed of this site and the many instructors that already has helped me a lot! (I haven't been that active in the forums asking questions and more but still big up for David Wallimann who answered my question regarding "holding the pick" )

Some basic music/gear stuff:
I currently have a Gibson LP Custom and Gibson Marauder ( a guitar that's more cool than good smile.gif ).
I've been a "metalhead" since the day I got my first Mötley Crue album when I was 7-8 years old. I listen to other genres than metal/rock but for some reason I still need to hear a guitar in the songs otherwise I get bored with it.
My ambition for now is to continue practicing but I'm still kinda struggling with what to focus on, which lessons and more. I still tend to only practice the things that I think sounds cool. And yes, practicing scales is still boring for me but it's getting better...

That's it for now I guess and hope to see you all out there ( or "in here" wink.gif )

/Mattias

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Last FM page
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- gibsonmatte   Better Late Than Never   Dec 5 2008, 11:47 AM
- - enforcer   you are older then me here, but anyway well met   Dec 5 2008, 11:58 AM
- - Bogdan Radovic   Very interesting introduction Mattias!! We...   Dec 5 2008, 12:07 PM
- - Jerry Arcidiacono   Welcome to GMC Mattias, nice intro   Dec 5 2008, 12:44 PM
- - Dejan Farkas   Welcome to the forum   Dec 5 2008, 01:19 PM
- - fatb0t   Hey man, Theory can be boring but if you learn it...   Dec 5 2008, 01:59 PM
- - Jose Mena   Welcome to the Forums, as someone had mentioned be...   Dec 5 2008, 02:11 PM
|- - Muris Varajic   Nice story Mattias,welcome to forum.   Dec 5 2008, 02:50 PM
nnn
- - Sergio Dorado   Hi. Welcome to the forum!   Dec 5 2008, 03:24 PM
- - berko   Great to have you on the forums from now on. ...   Dec 5 2008, 03:34 PM
- - Lian Gerbino   welcome to the site   Dec 5 2008, 03:38 PM
- - skennington   Nice intro Mattias, welcome to the forums   Dec 5 2008, 07:20 PM
- - Washburned   rock on bro ! hope you will stay motivated   Dec 5 2008, 07:37 PM
- - Emir Hot   welcome mate   Dec 5 2008, 07:46 PM
- - Pi38   QUOTE (gibsonmatte @ Dec 5 2008, 06:47 AM...   Dec 5 2008, 07:51 PM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Hey mate, nice intro, welcome to forums!   Dec 5 2008, 09:55 PM
- - Fran   Welcome to the forum Mattias!   Dec 5 2008, 11:43 PM
- - Smells   Hi mate, glad you found your way to the forums, we...   Dec 6 2008, 01:40 AM
- - Nemanja Filipovic   Welcome to GMC mate,nice intro by the way.   Dec 6 2008, 11:46 AM
- - rokchik   Welcome to GMC Mattias Great to see you on the fo...   Dec 6 2008, 03:05 PM
- - Hisham Al-Sanea   you welcome   Dec 6 2008, 10:13 PM
- - Jad Diab   Welcome to the forum man, it's cool to have yo...   Dec 6 2008, 10:18 PM
- - Canis   Hehe, glad you found your way =) Welcome ^^   Dec 7 2008, 02:54 AM
- - Velvet Roger   Welcome to the site mate   Dec 7 2008, 05:52 AM
- - CompleteNewbie   Welcome to the site. Glad you found your way.....   Dec 7 2008, 09:25 AM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:29 AM