Some Advice Please, tempo changing in reaper and singing in pitch
norules
Jan 16 2013, 08:35 PM
GMC:er
hello people!

i'm recording a 4 track ep at the moment with my mate on bass, both of us singing and programmed drums. were calling it the we need a drummer ep.

its going well but one song im struggling with cos of the tempo is too slow but my mate likes it how it is. if we play it live we play it faster and i cant sing with it that slow but at 10bpm faster i can.

so 2 questions please...

ive just discovered that i can change the tempo of a recorded song and changed it 10bpm faster. bingo! for some reason i didnt think it would work but it did. the song sounds fine but by doing this is it messing up my song because i imagine a computer doing that to it would.

secondly singing. im teaching myself to sing properley. just started. i'm a punk and sing like one. my band is punk and reggae and i can sing ok punk style but when i have to sing over a slow dub bit im not so good. any tips on approaching learning like this? particularly being in pitch. i am alone most of my practice and dont allways have confidence i'm hearing it correct.

thanks! i'm going to post my songs up here for constructive criticism in a couple days :-)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 16 2013, 10:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (norules @ Jan 16 2013, 04:35 PM) *
hello people!

i'm recording a 4 track ep at the moment with my mate on bass, both of us singing and programmed drums. were calling it the we need a drummer ep.

its going well but one song im struggling with cos of the tempo is too slow but my mate likes it how it is. if we play it live we play it faster and i cant sing with it that slow but at 10bpm faster i can.

so 2 questions please...

ive just discovered that i can change the tempo of a recorded song and changed it 10bpm faster. bingo! for some reason i didnt think it would work but it did. the song sounds fine but by doing this is it messing up my song because i imagine a computer doing that to it would.

secondly singing. im teaching myself to sing properley. just started. i'm a punk and sing like one. my band is punk and reggae and i can sing ok punk style but when i have to sing over a slow dub bit im not so good. any tips on approaching learning like this? particularly being in pitch. i am alone most of my practice and dont allways have confidence i'm hearing it correct.

thanks! i'm going to post my songs up here for constructive criticism in a couple days :-)

Hi mate! It's cool to know that you are recording your EP! I would really like to hear your songs! I don't understand what's the problem with the tempo change... could you please explain it a bit more?

Regarding singing in pitch, you have to train your ear, and vocalize with exercises like the ones that you can find in our singing lessons sections... and if you can record yourself while you practice you will be able to check your tuning.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/si...esson=2;forum=1

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:21 AM