Black Friday Deals, What have you seen, what are you going to get?
PosterBoy
Nov 16 2023, 10:03 AM
Learning Roadie
It's that time of year where we are thankful for what we have, and shortly after feel the need to buy more stuff!!!!

I'm tempted to buy NI Kontakt Standart bundle as it's 50% off so €299 instead of €600 I know there's a ton of stuff in there I'll likely never use but you never know.

I'm also waiting to see if there is a sale on Guitar Pro 8

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 18 2023, 09:51 AM
Learning Roadie
Well I bought Kontakt standard and had to buy a bigger hard drive for my plugin and sample libraries to fit it on!

Now to work out how to use it?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 18 2023, 12:06 PM
GMC Founder
very cool, I have been looking at those awesome Kontakt libraries for a while! What type of sounds are you going for?

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 18 2023, 03:36 PM
GMC:er
I don't know if it will drop in price on BF, but I've got my eye on this mic ...
https://www.uaudio.com/microphones/sc-1-sta...microphone.html

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 19 2023, 10:20 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (klasaine @ Nov 18 2023, 03:36 PM) *
I don't know if it will drop in price on BF, but I've got my eye on this mic ...
https://www.uaudio.com/microphones/sc-1-sta...microphone.html

Wow! Does it do what is says? cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 19 2023, 05:38 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 19 2023, 02:20 AM) *
Wow! Does it do what is says? cool.gif

I'm sure it does to a fairly high degree.
Their reputation for stuff like this is very good.
It may not sound 100% identical to the mics it's emulating but it's probably 90% there.
Let's see if it goes on sale.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 19 2023, 05:47 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (klasaine @ Nov 19 2023, 05:38 PM) *
It may not sound 100% identical to the mics it's emulating but it's probably 90% there.

UA does some pretty high quality stuff. The Edge is using their amp modeler stuff in his Las Vegas rig

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 18 2023, 12:06 PM) *
very cool, I have been looking at those awesome Kontakt libraries for a while! What type of sounds are you going for?

That's a very good question. Strings is definitely something I want, but I've a soft spot for ambient music and the incorporating electronic music elements in rock musIc too. Maybe I'll.end up as a Trance producer!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 19 2023, 07:23 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 19 2023, 09:47 AM) *
UA does some pretty high quality stuff. The Edge is using their amp modeler stuff in his Las Vegas rig

I have (and constantly use) all 4 of their amp modeler pedals. They are outstanding!
They really do sound and react like their analog counterparts. Other than a vintage AC30, I have Fender BF and Tweed amps as well as a boutique 1968 50 watt super lead clone in my recording/practice space. The pedals sound (and feel) just as good. And the models are mic'd up better laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 19 2023, 10:20 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (klasaine @ Nov 19 2023, 05:38 PM) *

Man that sounds cool 😎 hope you do get your hands on it so that you can share your impressions with us!

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 19 2023, 05:47 PM) *
That's a very good question. Strings is definitely something I want, but I've a soft spot for ambient music and the incorporating electronic music elements in rock musIc too. Maybe I'll.end up as a Trance producer!

I have always been fascinated by combining polar opposite samples to create fresh sounds!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 20 2023, 12:59 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 18 2023, 09:51 AM) *
Well I bought Kontakt standard and had to buy a bigger hard drive for my plugin and sample libraries to fit it on!

Now to work out how to use it?

I know exactly what you mean!! I have almost 200GB of just Knotakt Libraries now!!! Not including all the other Instruments and Players etc!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
utak3r
Dec 3 2023, 01:47 AM
I've bought Kontakt last year, using it for orchestra and others...
This year it was smaller - I've bought Archetype Petrucci smile.gif sounds great!

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:19 PM